Random Shenmue III Thoughts

I still love the Music-Track in the Prologe of Shenmue 3 when Ryo and Shenhua are in the Cave.

The intro in general was lovely magnetic.

Yu missed the opportunity to thrive on our fantasies by not adding a solvable mystery or a last interaction with the giant mirrors. But I expected something as straight forward anyway so I could fully appreciate the moment.

The QTEs did actually have connection to the action. There's some instances where it didn't seem to make sense, but there are also times it didn't in both the first two game, as well.

Revisionist memory is a helluva drug.

Thinking about things...S3 is really a 2019(turn of the century) game design/concept that if had released back in 2003-04 it'd be just as mindblowing as S1&2. Sega really drop the ball on not going forward with the project & giving it a full AAA support. There'd be no competition & S3 would easily be adored by mainstream critics + Yakuza would not have had a rough start riding on the coattail of Shenmue by being a proper filler game while people are waiting for SIV+ and not seen as a replacement as it carved it's fandom without souring/pissing a lot of people off. Just knowing Suzuki had a 2019-2020 game already planned in his head way back in 2003-04 re-affirms his status as a legendary visionary.

I hope Ys Net enter the low risk-high reward mobile games.

If they manage to make some hit games in that market, it can give them more budget to spend on Shenmue 4.

I would like too but the old man spent part of his life to try shortcut tactics to make Shenmue 3 for nothing (Shenmue Gai & Online) and the mobile market is saturated. Neither his team nor backers in general would be motivated not to see the money straightly used to end the saga I think.

Interesting idea and it actually makes sense given it was a friend who "killed" him. It would make things really awkward for Lan Di though considering he didn't just pretend to kill Iwao...
Or did he? Perhaps this whole thing was just an elaborate prank set up by Lan Di and Iwao to help teach Ryo a lesson.

Just picture it. Shenmue 7. Ryo has spent years training and is finally ready to confront Lan Di. He bursts into the room, Ren at his side, and sitting in the chair is not Lan Di, but his father Iwao.

“What is this? I don’t understand.”, remarks Ryo.
“Exactly.”, replies Iwao. “And that’s why you always eat your carrots.”. /scene

I think Suming Zhao may still be alive. In Shenmue 1 Guizhang gives us some information on the mysterious tiger scroll. He says that the original master would be able to translate it for us. I believe this man will be Suming Zhao(just a guess).

Nobody really knows what happened with Iwao and Suming this is why I believe him to still be alive.

Back