Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Nah, those twists make the story bad.

If Iwao knew that Suming Zhao is alive then he would have told Lan Di to stop from getting killed by him.(Since he might have also turned Lan Di against Chi You Men.)

Ryo's father really killed Suming Zhao.

Nah, those twists make the story bad.

If Iwao knew that Suming Zhao is alive then he would have told Lan Di to stop from getting killed by him.(Since he might have also turned Lan Di against Chi You Men.)

Ryo's father really killed Suming Zhao.

I wonder why Iwao didn't say to Lan Di that he didnt kill his father? Unless Iwao did it?

Just read about a Shenmue III 1.04 patch, possibly on PS4.

Shenmue III Update 1.04 Patch Notes
  • Made adjustments to certain game contents.
  • Optimized background displays.
  • Made improvements to the conversation function.
  • Updated localization texts and displays.
  • Made adjustments to the credits roll.
  • Made fixes to backer contents.
  • Made preparations for DLC application.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

Can anyone confirm this?

^
If/When Shenme4 release, they could sell a bundle of
Sh4+ "Shenmue3, with Sh4's improvements"

I remember reading about a game that made that.
(If I'm not mistaken, it was for games based on the "pitch black" movies.)
I like the idea of a ‘Shenmue 3 Enhanced’, but they’d have to make some fairly substantial changes to the gameplay to justify a re-release. I really don’t see them changing too much unfortunately.

The QTEs did actually have connection to the action. There's some instances where it didn't seem to make sense, but there are also times it didn't in both the first two game, as well.

Revisionist memory is a helluva drug.

Can you specify which QTEs didn't make sense in 1 & 2? I played them both again in 2019 and found they were still the best QTEs I've played. Shenmue III never really made sense or had any connection. Part of that is because the new fighting system also has very little correlation to the actual actions IMO.

Should Shenmue 3 get a proper remake alongside S1&2 when Sega is ready to commit?:unsure:

Nah, I don't think Shenmue 1 & 2 need or should have a remake. They are perfectly fine as they are, and if anything I'd like Shenmue 3 to be closer to the first two. Having said that, I wouldn't want Sega or YSNet to spend time remaking the first three rather than finishing the story. I'd rather they take learnings from 3 and make 4 a lot better instead :)

I'd actually be really disappointed if 4 came out with the same fighting/QTEs/overall quality of 3.

Can you specify which QTEs didn't make sense in 1 & 2? I played them both again in 2019 and found they were still the best QTEs I've played. Shenmue III never really made sense or had any connection. Part of that is because the new fighting system also has very little correlation to the actual actions IMO.

The one springing to mind while posting what you quoted there is jumping with B always caught me a bit odd in the harbour towards end with the Long Zha chase.

Anytime in Yokosuka--somewhat lesser in Shen2--whenever Y popped up in Excite QTE also was always unfair haha NEVER prepared for it. Usually getting into a bit of a decent rythm approaching Expert level when a really quick Y throws up out of nowhere. Grrr.

The one springing to mind while posting what you quoted there is jumping with B always caught me a bit odd in the harbour towards end with the Long Zha chase.

Anytime in Yokosuka--somewhat lesser in Shen2--whenever Y popped up in Excite QTE also was always unfair haha NEVER prepared for it. Usually getting into a bit of a decent rythm approaching Expert level when a really quick Y throws up out of nowhere. Grrr.

I don't remember jumping with B in the harbour tbh, but I'd give you that.
For Excite QTE, eh, that's just simon says so I never really expected that to be 'logical' so much as just matching buttons as a reaction tester mini-game.

Thanks to PlayStation wrap-up, I found that my playthrough of Shenmue III was 38 hours. I thought it was less than that because it FELT way less. Yeah didn't play much PlayStation. Switch got 95% of my attention.

Screenshot_2020-01-15 Ditt år med PlayStation 2019.png

I don't remember jumping with B in the harbour tbh, but I'd give you that.
For Excite QTE, eh, that's just simon says so I never really expected that to be 'logical' so much as just matching buttons as a reaction tester mini-game.

Oh, I wasn't really equating Excite QTE to nonsensicle, just a tangent haha. Occasionally arrow QTEs are up/down rather than left/right when i expect them the other way either during street chasing or avoiding obstacles.

Thanks to PlayStation wrap-up, I found that my playthrough of Shenmue III was 38 hours. I thought it was less than that because it FELT way less. Yeah didn't play much PlayStation. Switch got 95% of my attention.

View attachment 6888
Mine says I played Judgment for 130+ hours, but my Judgment save says I played it for 85 hours. Seems odd... I think it might count 'hours' when the game is running in the background.

Back