Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Though still waiting for the patch to complete, I just returned from Best Buy to complete my Shenmue 3 Day one package:

-Deodorant
(to remind myself I am a real person, and cover up anticipation musk)
-Steel book
(the customer service rep seemed interested in the series; I seemingly convinced him to buy the HD combo)
-Old Chub Scotch Ale
(get drunk on day one, kill Shenhua with herbs, and unlock the secret best ending)

UglvQT0cahOY95qeYkVtxA8lgupuOjZV-RmYxLspVf2jYD3mPvoWsOgEUM5glmMsAmK4GXYAHyw_0v6DwdlhvpKWaq5w7n...jpg

Lol I never seen so many different people live streaming a single game in such a short time span.

While I'm avoiding them like the plague, there is a nice side effect due to such. They basically downed out nearly every hater video due to EPIC :)

The conversations you can have with Shenhua at night around the fire are PHENOMENAL.

And they’ve retconned Shenhua from being a poor cook into a good one.

Some of the best moments of that game so far in my 6 hours or so of play.

I love the fact that you have an option to admit that smiling is a weak point for Ryo. A moment of self awareness that he is an emotionally closed wreck of a human. Honestly, I love these conversations because they show a side of Ryo that isn't just "I will have my revenge."

I just farmed about 800 Bailu dollars with wood chopping and then spent 800 Bailu dollars on the toy machine
just to get one single white fishing bait. I got it with my last 20 dollars.
How rare can one item be

fungineer-profile_image-c49073dfb0e10c27-300x300.png

Now that we have Shenmue 3, I wonder how long Deep Silver will wait in terms of sales results in order to give the green light for Shenmue 4?

Generally, total sales figures are calculated as a 1 year sum from the time of release. Meaning that if Shenmue 4 was to receive development approval, it would likely not proceed for some time. Sony is certainly already shipping PS5 dev kits so the only thing holding up development at this point is proof of sales.

I would wager however that if Shenmue 4 is approved, the budget will be substantially more, the team will be significantly larger, and YSNet will certainly outgrow their current location.

Back