Random Shenmue III Thoughts

So the framerate really is unlocked on the standard PS4 and on the Pro.
Standard PS4 is 1536x864, Pro is 1920x1080,
Standard PS4 average fps is about 35-45 fps, Pro average fps is about 45-55 fps.
Thats why it has all of these little stutters and hiccups, because its not 30 fps and its not 60 fps.
Its not unplayable or anything but i think it doesnt make much sense to just unlock the framerate,
it actually makes the experience worse in this kind of scenario. If they would lock it at 30 fps,
all of these little stutters and hiccups would be gone and it would be 100% stable 30 fps.

Thats‘s interesting, it would be great if they would implement an optional 30 FPS lock with a patch. But I think I will buy the PC version for my second playthrough, the details may not be that much improved there but it should be a better experience with a stable 60 FPS framerate.

I will try to Tweet at the involved companies and write messages on FB and to the support,
they could at least give us a option to lock the framerate on PS4.
Hello Games did the same with No Man's Sky, after one of the resolution patches you could choose between
resolution and unlocked or locked framerate.
So if you want locked 30 fps in Shenmue 3, try to contact Koch Media and Deep Silver.

Earning money for a certain story point. No save scumming though. Three in-game days, no story progress....but I have caught a lot of fish and am half way with the money :)

And yet, I still very much love it :D (I don't want to save scum...I want to do it properly)

Has anyone tried Shenmue 3 on both PS4 and PC/do you know which version runs better? I have both (and am currently playing on PC), but my DLC code is for PS4 and am unsure whether to switch over

Ok, the more I play this game the more I fucking love it. This is the evolution of Shenmue that I have always wanted. The 'life simulation' aspects implemented this time around (stamina system, needed to eat, train etc) initially concerned me a little, but the more I get into it, the more I enjoy it. The game just keeps on growing on me the more I play it and I didn't think that was going to happen.

I echo many sentiments of others lol; this game is beyond awesome and I am having SUCH a fun time playing; Judge Eyes was also great fun and I had a blast, but this is different and dare I say, I'm enjoying this more than any other Yakuza game I've played (MAYBE 3 I had *as* good a time).

So being a diehard of both series and for those shitting on it, you don't know what you're missing.

Ok, the more I play this game the more I fucking love it. This is the evolution of Shenmue that I have always wanted. The 'life simulation' aspects implemented this time around (stamina system, needed to eat, train etc) initially concerned me a little, but the more I get into it, the more I enjoy it. The game just keeps on growing on me the more I play it and I didn't think that was going to happen.
Initially I had concerns as I found parts of the opening sequence disappointing, this was mostly to do with the animations and camera angles. However, the more I play the more I am falling in love with it (admittedly there are some shortcomings but these can be easily overlooked given how many positives there are).

The stamina aspect doesn't bother me as it encourages me to find ways to earn money in the morning before progressing the story. Basically I have a routine in the game that works for me and I like that the game allows you to do that.

I am now starting to unravel the background of Iwao and the mystery surrounding the mirrors and it feels perfect! The pacing is slow and atmospheric, the characters you meet interesting. I couldn't ask for much more to be honest.

I began playing last night! I just started with a light first course, only playing the first in-game day. When I managed to get the music to kick in on the woodchopping minigame, I was laughing out loud! What a funny detail, and very motivating as well. I also spent some time collecting herbs and admiring the environment. Anyway, I was dog tired and called it a night at the end of the first day. However, somehow I was so amped that I couldn't fall asleep for a couple of hours. I just can't quite process the enormity of the amount of time we waited for this game, and now it's finally here. I really don't know what to do with all of the thoughts and emotions surrounding that. But overall, I'm really happy with the game so far... it's quite beautiful.

The people giving this game a 5/10 can go fuck themselves with a cactus.

I get that opinions exist... And my opinion is that those people should fuck themselves with a cactus.

Back