Random Shenmue III Thoughts

wew the gameinformer didn't push it below 70 at least, man saying that really illustrates the small victory this is.

Still not holding out hope that gamespot aint about to trash that, ive always seen them as being fairly harsh on things sometimes so its possible they could go hard on it

Ryo Hazuki for Tekken 7?

Niaowu spoilers

There's a fighter in the Rose Garden arena named Li Soonduk that looks identical to Katsuhiro Harada the current director of Tekken since Tekken 3 lol. I know Harada and Suzuki are friends, it would be nice to see Ryo make it into Tekken. He has more than enough moves to make it.

Phew ... i really dont have any problems with the character designs, the level grind, the stamina system
or the dialogues or whatever, i had no problem with Bailu and i like the atmosphere in the Niaowu shopping streets
... but that framerate in Niaowu really is ... something. Feels like i'm playing on PS3 hardware,
the whole area is clearly not optimized and the uncapped framerate doesnt help at all.
If you spin the camera around in the shopping streets you can see how the performance is changing
between okayish and super stuttering all the time. I can live with almost everything else, its good enough for me,
but the performance is really not a outstanding feature of this game.

Yeah, I definitely got a bit of this too. I'm playing on a PS4 Pro as well. The slow-down in busy areas, and NPCs popping in and out of existence (especially the monks by the dojo in Niaowu) is definitely bad for a modern game and should rightfully be called out in reviews and stuff, but weirdly for me it felt so much like the old games I actually didn't mind it. Made me a little bit nostalgic every time it happened.

I might give it a run through on PC and see if it fares any better.

In terms of the story I'm in the early parts of Niaowu, however, I have already maxed out all my kung Fu stats with there being quite a lot of Scrolls left to collect. I just wondered, for those that have completed the game, on your first playthrough how much of an effort did you make towards collecting all the scrolls?

In terms of the story I'm in the early parts of Niaowu, however, I have already maxed out all my kung Fu stats with there being quite a lot of Scrolls left to collect. I just wondered, for those that have completed the game, on your first playthrough how much of an effort did you make towards collecting all the scrolls?

Once I maxed out attack I didn't bother.

PS4 Pro and i'm super picky when it comes to fps.
I know what locked 30 and 60 fps with a correct frame time line should look and feel like
and Shenmue 3's framerate is not even close. The framerate is unlocked but it never reaches stable 60 fps
and its not at 30 fps. Niaowu needs probably way more of the hardware power in the streets
so the difference between high and low framerate is even bigger than in Bailu
because depending on where you look at there is a huge drop or spike in the performance.

The game is full with choppiness and stuttering, its pretty much impossible to spin the camera around
slowly without any clear hiccups. And thats a clear sign of a unoptimized game
and the decision of YS Net to let the framerate do whatever it wants.
And on top of all that you have the shopping streets where NPC's spawn 2 meters in front of you like we are in 2001 again.
Again, i have no problem with all the other stuff but the technical performance side is below average level.

It’s why I ultimately decided on the PC version. There are some slight stutters but I’m getting 60fps at 1440p and it feels great to control.

It’s why I ultimately decided on the PC version. There are some slight stutters but I’m getting 60fps at 1440p and it feels great to control.
It does seem that the PC version is the best way to play this game. I didn't expect such bad performance on the base PS4.

I am experiencing slow down, an inconsistent frame rate, empty streets and many NPCs only appearing when you are a certain distance away from them (in some instances I could be in a shop and have to wait for the guy working there to appear).

Loving the game despite these technical flaws and hope some get resolved in a patch.

All this tech flaws make me think that at some point it will be re-released on PS5 to match the PC version or if S4 will happen will be on PS5-Scarlet even with the same assets.

Also the important thing, I left Bailu yesterday and I am missing it a lot

None at all. I only had all the ones he had from the start of the game maxed out then managed to get two more skill books somehow I can't remember how. My goal wasn't to get more skill books during my playthrough

wew the gameinformer didn't push it below 70 at least, man saying that really illustrates the small victory this is.

Still not holding out hope that gamespot aint about to trash that, ive always seen them as being fairly harsh on things sometimes so its possible they could go hard on it

Sorry, but does every single post you make have to be dripping with negativity/snark/depression?

Someone on a board that I visited religiously, every day of my life since 2009, basically drove me off that board a month ago (haven't been back since), because he would post dozens of times a day and all with the same negative tone, etc. (he basically took over the boards and the mods didn't do anything about it, because it wasn't breaking any TOS).

Just stop; we get it, you expect this game to get below 70 on MC and when it does, you will parade around saying, "I told you so."

There's no need to remind us of it in every thread, ESPECIALLY since you continually write this in the review thread.

Thank you for your time.

None at all. I only had all the ones he had from the start of the game maxed out then managed to get two more skill books somehow I can't remember how. My goal wasn't to get more skill books during my playthrough
That's fair enough. My desire to improve my kung fu stats (especially as I can now earn money from fighting) meant that I have made an extra effort to collect capsule collections and items during my playthrough. Now my stats are maxed out I still feel I'll continue to collect items as it has become part of my routine in the game, I will however put less emphasis on it and try and move the story along quicker now though.

Sorry, but does every single post you make have to be dripping with negativity/snark/depression?

Someone on a board that I visited religiously, every day of my life since 2009, basically drove me off that board a month ago (haven't been back since), because he would post dozens of times a day and all with the same negative tone, etc. (he basically took over the boards and the mods didn't do anything about it, because it wasn't breaking any TOS).

Just stop; we get it, you expect this game to get below 70 on MC and when it does, you will parade around saying, "I told you so."

There's no need to remind us of it in every thread, ESPECIALLY since you continually write this in the review thread.

Thank you for your time.
Sorry I'm worried, but I don't think I have ever done an I told you so moment with it save for not putting faith in ign's review to be helpful which wasnt even to anyone it was just cause everyone suddenly went all hostile on the author for sharing his opinion in vitriolic and childish insults to her personal life, I take offense to that accusation that I do that, I am negative for sure but I do not do that.

Last edited:
Indeed; threatening people over anything, let alone a videogame, is frankly disgusting.

The childishness that people can exhibit is dreadful.

Totally get that you're worried, but we knew that 1 month ago lol

In Google Translate, is said Hiroshi, not Yu (can't see the pic as Twitter is half-blocked).

But at least Takeuch is out and about! Guess he still has a major role in things.

Back