Random Shenmue III Thoughts

At some point I just had to force myself to ignore everything and continue the dang storyline. I've spent so many days just staring at textures and models, collecting pawn items, searching for Chobu-chan, etc. Then I come back to Shenhua at the end of the day and feel like an asshole when I realize her dad might already be dead because I've been goofing around all week lmao.
Shenmue has already a structure ready for its scenario so I don't expect this from it, but your last sentence is the kind of thing I would really like to experience in a story driven game where time go on, a scenario which branch differently because the player is too late for some events.

Shit... On YouTube a video was recommended to me from "Boss Fight Database" ... "Final Boss and ending" with the thumbnail being of what I suppose is the final boss. I'm so pissed...

I’m not sure where else to ask and it doesn’t really warrant it’s own thread. I just finished up Bailu and one particular track has been stuck in my head since then. Does anyone know if

the music playing during the section where you’re looking for the tokens at Elder Yeh and the Belltower is a new one? I can’t remember it, I’m almost certain it’s new. I have the music rip from the backer trial, but finding a particular piece in 289 is way harder then I though.
Does anyone have the track or might know what it’s name in the tracker demo files is?

I’m not sure where else to ask and it doesn’t really warrant it’s own thread. I just finished up Bailu and one particular track has been stuck in my head since then. Does anyone know if

the music playing during the section where you’re looking for the tokens at Elder Yeh and the Belltower is a new one? I can’t remember it, I’m almost certain it’s new. I have the music rip from the backer trial, but finding a particular piece in 289 is way harder then I though.
Does anyone have the track or might know what it’s name in the tracker demo files is?
one of my favorites but it's not a new one

Is the white lure incredibly rare to get? I just spent 300 yuan and got every color except that one

Yes, i think everytime someone wants a capsule item from you, its the one with the lowest chance.
I think i spend about 1200-1500 dollars to get three items.

First impressions of Niaowu

It's Hong-Kong-ish and I like that, but seems a bit empty of NPCs (Idk if my memory is failing, but I remember Hong Kong in S2 was a wave of ppl).

Many repeated stores. I would prefer more stores that I couldn't enter (like S2) that four stores that are exactly the same.

I know it's silly but really pissed me off the arcade stuff. Alright you don't have the sega's linceses (yet?) but at least put one of those games of "catch the fucking bird with those bullshit stuff" (don't know how it's called) that appears in Yakuza. Super addictive and frustrating at the same time. That game is a safe bet in case you don't have licenses.

I know, I'm not comparing Shenmue with Yakuza, but they could let you eat and drink like Yakuza. You could make a throphy of that if you want, and recover energy, instead of the actual system of "press this buttom and you automatically eat a banana, oh we are life realistic simulator btw don't forget that boy".

I know, they are silly stuff, but take me out of the immersion.

First impressions of Niaowu

It's Hong-Kong-ish and I like that, but seems a bit empty of NPCs (Idk if my memory is failing, but I remember Hong Kong in S2 was a wave of ppl).

Many repeated stores. I would prefer more stores that I couldn't enter (like S2) that four stores that are exactly the same.

I know it's silly but really pissed me off the arcade stuff. Alright you don't have the sega's linceses (yet?) but at least put one of those games of "catch the fucking bird with those bullshit stuff" (don't know how it's called) that appears in Yakuza. Super addictive and frustrating at the same time. That game is a safe bet in case you don't have licenses.

I know, I'm not comparing Shenmue with Yakuza, but they could let you eat and drink like Yakuza. You could make a throphy of that if you want, and recover energy, instead of the actual system of "press this buttom and you automatically eat a banana, oh we are life realistic simulator btw don't forget that boy".

I know, they are silly stuff, but take me out of the immersion.

Something tells me you'll like Niaowu a lot more later on. There is a LOT to see when it opens up a bit more.

Can someone help me with a Niaowu side mission?
Just a side mission where you have to find something in different locations.
The sightseeing one where you have to find six pennants ...
i have five. The one right at the harbour where Niaowu began,
the one near the buddha selling shop (the one from the photo in the story),
the one at the Liu Jiao shrine, the one at the Hua Xiao temple
and the one at the Golden Goose in New Paradise.
The one between Liu Jiao shrine and Golden Goose is missing i think
but i have no idea where it is. I ran around the whole map like three times.

I really hope so

I dunno how far you are into it but... When the "Promenade" really opens up, it has to be one of the biggest areas in all of Shenmue. There are

soo many different shops, pharmacies, pawn shops with different prices, gambling areas, new mini games, wooden dummy cafe, lush gardens with herbs abound, fishing spots, side quests...

Really impressed with it.

Back