Random Shenmue III Thoughts

Whatever happened to the 3 Beauties of Niaowu quest?

Also, I really wish there had been a comprehensive list of move scrolls and Choubu chan cards. Not all of the cards contributed to a move scroll, and they actually leave your inventory when you exchange them, so there's really no way of tracking how many you've found and how many are left.

Whatever happened to the 3 Beauties of Niaowu quest?

Also, I really wish there had been a comprehensive list of move scrolls and Choubu chan cards. Not all of the cards contributed to a move scroll, and they actually leave your inventory when you exchange them, so there's really no way of tracking how many you've found and how many are left.

Good question about the three beauties.

Regarding the Choubu chan cards, I think you can track them. I'm sure It's in the settings menu somewhere I think. Under a different section from the skill book exchange

Well, I've finally made it through Bailu. Managed to max out my Kung Fu as much as possible and collect complete sets of all the capsule toys available, so I'm pretty happy about that. All up this took me until late April game time, I hope there's still enough time for me to see everything and avoid the bad ending. Ah well, I know what the cut-off date is, if things get close I'll just have to speed things up.

On another note, according to the trophies on PS4 only 48.5% of all registered players have made it to the end of Bailu. Makes me feel better about my own pace when I see that so many people have already beaten the game once if not also twice already. Nonetheless, I wouldn't have it any other way, perhaps all of Shenmue's lessons about patience and experiencing the moment have made an impression on me after all.

Don't spoil too much but I'm assuming the Old Castle is the end of the game? Damn I thought I really took my time for the most part. Guess I gotta complete everything I can in Niaowu before heading over there.

Playstation Blog have opened up their game of the year vote. Shenmue III isn't on the list but you can vote other then write it in!

Playstation Blog have opened up their game of the year vote. Shenmue III isn't on the list but you can vote other then write it in!

Voted Shenmue 3 for everything except multiplayer and VR.

Untitled.png

Also put Shenmue 4 as most anticipated game. :sneaky:

MIght have to do with that November 15th cut off date which is also what Geoff Keighley GOTY awards goes by.

I was about to add to that 'since Jedi Fallen Order is also not on the list since it came out in the cut off date'....but towards the end of the list it actually shows up for best PS4 game. So its odd it got that nomination but its not on any of the other nominations.

Voted Shenmue 3 for everything except multiplayer and VR.

View attachment 6344

Also put Shenmue 4 as most anticipated game. :sneaky:

lmao 'fat fishing guy'

I especially like it when you had to do the Stamp Rally tournament and you need to go to that small lake where he fishes and when you say "Looks like I can fish here" and stand next to him, he does that slow neck turn with that smug punchable face of his looking at you. I get the feeling he's thinking to himself 'the fucks this guy doing in my spot' :ROFLMAO:

Does anyone know if there's a scene with Shenhua and Shilling, before you meet Mr. Hsu?

Shenhua said she was gonna meet her, but I forgot to go check it, and saved over...

Is the Old Castle the end? How much game is left once you get there? Is there no way back to Niaowu once you get there? If so, I guess I should do everything I wanna do here first.

Please don't spoil any major plot here.

Playing through Shenmue 3 makes me wonder, are the locations in this game based on any real life locations? Since with the last two games, all the locations being grounded in real places really fascinated me, and which is what got me started on my obsession with Japanese/Chinese culture. (Especially with Kowloon) Couldn’t find anything through an Internet search, so I’m curious if the locations are completely fictional, or if there is some realism there?

Back