Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Well, he’s a fan… he’s a publisher… he seems to have some money…

Has he had any interaction with YS at all?

Speculation zone again.

All i can say ( Like Barney gumble while getting hooked again on non alcoholic Champagne )

IT BEGINS 🤪

P.s If He locks shenmue IV and V in than i am going to smother him with Kisses.... Hypetrain again.... Maybe its the Champagne talkin

View attachment 19566

I’m pretty hopeful he has something Shenmue in the works.
In the words of one of our favourites from the franchise Ren "Things are getting interesting." Also he states that the 3 projects have been correctly guessed. Like another member stated here shenmue 4 was a guess in the comments but there's dozens there. It's worth keeping an eye on any developments but seeing those comments there you screenshotted my friend makes me hopeful and optimistic. 🤞

There are over 200 different titles mentioned in the comments. Not much chance for shenmue, but who knows... :)

As this is the billionth time this has happened, just don't get your hopes up for it being Shenmue IV.

LRG primarily publishes and releases physical versions of games that already exist in digital form, as well as releasing licenced reproductions of retro games.

I know he said something about one or two titles still being in development or something, but probably something smaller scale and on a smaller budget.

Yeah, their main business is making modern versions of rom/cd rom games. I don't see how they give 20 million to Yu. But we can dream, right? :)

Can someone pull up the list of all games mentioned (without repeating), so we can discuss the most likely candidates? :)

Yeah, their main business is making modern versions of rom/cd rom games. I don't see how they give 20 million to Yu. But we can dream, right? :)

Can someone pull up the list of all games mentioned (without repeating), so we can discuss the most likely candidates? :)
This is where I got to before giving up:

Shenmue 4
Shenmue Switch
PSOBB Re-release
Snatcher
Lunar
Hard Corps Uprising
Policenauts: Konami Collection V1
Chrono Trigger
MVC2
Epic Dumpster Bear 1+2
Dragon Force
Shining Force
Fuga 1 and 2
Batman NES/2d Collection
Commander Keen
Phantom Dust
Dark Forces
Tomb Raider Remastered
Hitman Blood Money
Purikura Daisuken
Voodoo Vince
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Turok 3
Freedom PLanet 2
Xmen Arcade
Simpsons Arcade
Binding of Isaac
1001 Spikes
Scott Pilgrim
Legecy of Kain
Soul Reaver
Sewer Shark
Outrun Coast to Coast
Afterburner Climax
The Legend of Voltron Defender of the Universe
Rule of Rose , Flintstones Dinosaur Peak
Portal Collection
Star Wars Battlefront
MArvel v Capcom
Persona 1 and 2
Mega Man Legends
Comix Zone

This is where I got to before giving up:

Shenmue 4
Shenmue Switch
PSOBB Re-release
Snatcher
Lunar
Hard Corps Uprising
Policenauts: Konami Collection V1
Chrono Trigger
MVC2
Epic Dumpster Bear 1+2
Dragon Force
Shining Force
Fuga 1 and 2
Batman NES/2d Collection
Commander Keen
Phantom Dust
Dark Forces
Tomb Raider Remastered
Hitman Blood Money
Purikura Daisuken
Voodoo Vince
Panzer Dragoon Saga
Turok 3
Freedom PLanet 2
Xmen Arcade
Simpsons Arcade
Binding of Isaac
1001 Spikes
Scott Pilgrim
Legecy of Kain
Soul Reaver
Sewer Shark
Outrun Coast to Coast
Afterburner Climax
The Legend of Voltron Defender of the Universe
Rule of Rose , Flintstones Dinosaur Peak
Portal Collection
Star Wars Battlefront
MArvel v Capcom
Persona 1 and 2
Mega Man Legends
Comix Zone
So only a couple then 🤣

I think out of those, likely ones are:

Freedom Planet 2
Star Wars Battlefront 1 and 2
Turok 3
Tomb Raider Trilogy Remastered
Star Wars Dark Forces

Less likely, but possible:
Simpsons Arcade
Snatcher
Policenauts

Were there many people guessing it was Shenmue 4? Don’t have X myself.

I think most of them can be eliminated.

Konami ports are totally possible. Policenauts is the most difficult one. The game is not officially translated and has tons of voice acting. Also the main hero shamelessly plays with the breasts of almost all of the female NPCs... basically harass them...which would not be accepted well in today's society. I don't think it was funny in the nineties too. Great game by the way. :D

Almost all PS2 games like Rule Of Rose and Siren are impossible too. I don't think Sony is interesting in this. Аlso don't think Limited Run have released a port of a PS2 game yet... I mean a ps2 port to pc created by them.

Persona 1 and 2 is out of question too. Atlus/SEGA will not miss the oportunity to capitalize on the popularity of the brand...

Shining Force? Maybe Shining Force III, because I and II are on every sega mega drive collection. (comix zone too) It will be hard to translate Shining force III.... too much dialog and three connected games. Panzer Dragon Saga will be cool, but the source code is lost. Maybe they will use some kind of emulation with the old isos?

Outrun Coast to Coast and Afterburner Climax - These two are delisted after just few years. License issues. Very small chance...

I guess Simpson Arcade is possible, but Marvel retro games and Batman will be hard.

Chrono trigger - Why Limited Run and not square-enix?

Last edited:
I think most of them can be eliminated.

Konami ports are totally possible. Policenauts is the most difficult one. The game is not officially translated and has tons of voice acting. Also the main hero shamelessly plays with the breasts of almost all of the female NPCs... basically harass them...which would not be accepted well in today's society. I don't think it was funny in the nineties too. Great game by the way. :D

Almost all PS2 games like Rule Of Rose and Siren are impossible too. I don't think Sony is interesting in this. Аlso don't think Limited Run have released a port of a PS2 game yet... I mean a ps2 port to pc created by them.

Persona 1 and 2 is out of question too. Atlus/SEGA will not miss the oportunity to capitalize on the popularity of the brand...

Shining Force? Maybe Shining Force III, because I and II are on every sega mega drive collection. (comix zone too) It will be hard to translate Shining force III.... too much dialog and three connected games. Panzer Dragon Saga will be cool, but the source code is lost. Maybe they will use some kind of emulation with the old isos?

Outrun Coast to Coast and Afterburner Climax - These two are delisted after just few years. License issues. Very small chance...

I guess Simpson Arcade is possible, but Marvel retro games and Batman will be hard.

Chrono trigger - Why Limited Run and not square-enix?
Honestly speaking, I'd probably prefer Shining Force 3 or PD Saga over S4. 🍻

Shining Force 3 and PD Saga can be played on Saturn (where they belong), it's always better to hsve new games instead of portings.

Honestly speaking, I'd probably prefer Shining Force 3 or PD Saga over S4. 🍻
These games we can replay even now.

Or maybe you mean you want to own them in the collection, more than Shenmue 4? They are definitely expensive... but I'm a gamer first and a collector second. I prefer something that doesn't exist yet.

If they’re doing three, Shenmue 4 is clear first choice for me, but PD Saga would be second. I know it can be emulated, but always like playing stuff on consoles whether it’s the original or a port, and there’s no way I’ll be spending money on a copy of THAT game. It’s the one game I’ve not played that I really want to try.

Looking at what LRG do, probably unlikely it’s Shenmue related, but the things that make me thing maaaaaybe there’s a tiny chance:

- he obviously likes the series

- he said he could fund S5 so maybe they have more money than it seems

- the fact they’ve recently funded that Arzette game themselves would suggest maybe they’re looking to move into funding more stuff internally, although to go from that to S4 is a bit of a massive leap

- they seem to release a lot of retro-ish games, which Shenmue would fit into I suppose

- if they released S4 with some kind of exclusivity deal on physical edition, surely they’d make a wedge?

I must admit I’m doubtful this is anything Shenmue related, but it’s maybe not completely impossible.

Honestly Panzer Dragoon Saga & Megaman Legends are pretty good guesses. I'd hope for something Shenmue but idk.

Back