Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

Stop, man.

It's one thing to put your theory out as a theory, but now you're writing your theories as if they are fact. Stop.

In my opinion there are 2 important lessons that Ryo will fully learn in the story.

1. Keep friends, those you love, close to you... - Iwao Hazuki

2. Martial arts are used to protect people's lives, if you use your fists otherwise you will walk on the path of evil, too... - Xiuying

I always ask myself... how Ryo will fully learn this lessons? in my opinion is super important for the development of Ryo to fully learn this lessons.

Now i will imagine what can happen in the story for Ryo finally understand and learn this lessons.

The ending of Shenmue III showed that Ryo still want to kill Lan Di, he still want revenge but in my opinion this will change, i think that some day he will lose purpose and will forget about revenge, and i think that Ren will have big moments that it will show that deep down he have a kind heart, that Ryo changed him, that staying with Ryo made him realize that friendship is more important than treasures, that the real treasures are friends.

Maybe Ren will die saving Ryo, i don't think is a bad idea, i really feel that Ryo will learn this lessons in the hard way, some people only learn lessons in the hard way and i think that this will probably happen to Ryo, i think will be interesting and emotional if this happen.

At this moments i think Ryo will remember his father's words and Xiuying's words, i don't know if it will be in the same scene but i think he will remember Iwao's words and Xiuying's words, i think he will have a big character development, and in this moments he will fully learn this lessons, probably in a similar style when he remembered Xiuying's words before defeating Dou Niu,

Other important part of the story is how many moves are left for Ryo to learn in the story, in my opinion Ryo will continue to learn Akira moves - Bajiquan moves.

How do you think Ryo will fully learn this lessons about Iwao's words and Xiuying's words? how many moves Ryo will learn and what moves he will learn? it is a interesting subject.

Last edited:
I want to see Lan Di learn a lesson. It'd be really interesting in the final confrontation betweeen the two, if we see Lan Di lose his shit, he becomes the reckless one, Ryo becomes the calm and dominant one, as the tables turn. We see him unleash a ferocity of emotions in battle, that Lan Di has locked up behind his stoic exterior.

I feel that both of them will learn important lessons. I really feel that they will discover the truth about what happened in Meng Cun between Iwao Hazuki and Sunming Zhao, depending on what are the revelations many things in the story will change, like a plot twist in the story, and i really feel that Ryo will forget about revenge, maybe in one part he will have a final fight against Lan Di, i feel that if this battle happen Ryo will not kill him but Ryo will win the fight.

Last edited:
I feel that both of them will learn important lessons. I really feel that they will discover the truth about what happened in Meng Cun between Iwao Hazuki and Sunming Zhao, depending on what are the revelations many things in the story will change, like a plot twist in the story, and i really feel that Ryo will forget about revenge, maybe in one part he will have a final fight against Lan Di, i feel that if this battle happen Ryo will not kill him but Ryo will win the fight.
Seeing unhinged 'unbalanced' Lan Di would be a lot of fun, seeing a different side to him.

Discovered in the forum's sidebar, from IGN Japan's Esra Krabbe.

I wonder what this is? 🤔

Additionally, I also found this tweet from Esra about a UE5 demo called "The Market of Light". What's the Shenmue connection? It was developed by historia Inc. who collaborated on the development of Shenmue III, and functions a little bit like the Chobu-chan search.

It's available for free on Steam.

Just out of curiosity, whatever happened to the Shenmue III facts page? A lot of opinions of mine were formed via those facts and think it is important for preservation.

Just out of curiosity, whatever happened to the Shenmue III facts page? A lot of opinions of mine were formed via those facts and think it is important for preservation.
Do you remember what the topic was roughly called? We don't delete topics unless there's duplicates on the whole.

So I'd imagine it's around and I'd need to dig it up.

Do you remember what the topic was roughly called? We don't delete topics unless there are duplicates on the whole.

So I'd imagine it's around and I'd need to dig it up.
Not off the top of my head. But something along the lines of "Shenmue III Facts Page" the main author was @ShenGCH. However, unless it's buried, I can not find it.

Discovered in the forum's sidebar, from IGN Japan's Esra Krabbe.

I wonder what this is? 🤔

Additionally, I also found this tweet from Esra about a UE5 demo called "The Market of Light". What's the Shenmue connection? It was developed by historia Inc. who collaborated on the development of Shenmue III, and functions a little bit like the Chobu-chan search.

It's available for free on Steam.
Interesting...

Just an aside--

It is probably a nothing burger, but I've noticed Shenmue I&II and Shenmue III on sale for PSN on the last couple of sales...you didn't see it that often before..

Does anybody know what this relates to?

Yu is right at the start, but don't know what the rest of the video is or what his link to it or the company is?

Back