Random Shenmue IV Thoughts.

One could argue that the other pictures was simply him taking mementos from the trip but this last one shows him obviously capturing textures.
Its very interesting that the watermark is Oasis Games instead YS.net... those previous contacts posted in "X formerly Twitter" with Bandai Namco devs (also into Oasis) get my hopes up that this is implying many actors and so the secretism around it.
Btw, AM2 logo was a palm tree and those are present in many deserts oasis.

I thought Oasis Games was something to do with China or Taiwan. It's slipping what it was. It certainly didn't mean anything significant... I think they even published Shenmue 3 in one of those territories.

I thought Oasis Games was something to do with China or Taiwan. It's slipping what it was. It certainly didn't mean anything significant... I think they even published Shenmue 3 in one of those territories.
Yes, you're right. I confused it with Oasyx.

I said this before but I have ideas on how the eating system could be revamped. Instead of eating 50 pieces of black garlic to replenish Ryo's health, Ryo should only need to eat 3 times a day (maximum). The eating system could tie in with the rapport system, both with Shenhua (and even Ren), along with locals in bars and restaurants.

Shenhua cooks breakfast in the morning and choosing to eat with her increases your bond. While eating, you discuss a bunch of different topics. Basically, you get the reward of more dialogue with her. The deeper the bond, the more personal the conversations become.

Similarly, locals of an area could be quite cold to Ryo at first, but spending time in bars and restaurants may increase the bond Ryo has with a particular patron or owner. Rather than have a difficulty level, make the game more or less difficult depending on how much effort you put into your investigations.

I don't think Ryo's stamina should deplete throughout the day like in Shenmue 3, but rather, the overall HP for Ryo should increase/decrease after a night's sleep, based on how much he is eating. This is essentially encourages the player to talk to Shenhua, visit bars, restaurants, etc, but also rewards them, since Ryo building a rapport with people will lead to new pieces of dialogue and even sidequests/opportunities.

Last edited:
I said this before but I have ideas on how the eating system could be revamped. Instead of eating 50 pieces of black garlic to replenish Ryo's health, Ryo should only need to eat 3 times a day (maximum). The eating system could tie in with the rapport system, both with Shenhua (and even Ren), along with locals in bars and restaurants.

Shenhua cooks breakfast in the morning and choosing to eat with her increases your bond. While eating, you discuss a bunch of different topics. Basically, you get the reward of more dialogue with her. The deeper the bond, the more personal the conversations become.

Similarly, locals of an area could be quite cold to Ryo at first, but spending time in bars and restaurants may increase the bond Ryo has with a particular patron or owner. Rather than have a difficulty level, make the game more or less difficult depending on how much effort you put into your investigations.

I don't think Ryo's stamina should deplete throughout the day like in Shenmue 3, but rather, the overall HP for Ryo should increase/decrease after a night's sleep, based on how much he is eating. This is essentially encourages the player to talk to Shenhua, visit bars, restaurants, etc, but also rewards them, since Ryo building a rapport with people will lead to new pieces of dialogue and even sidequests/opportunities.
The stamina did not bover me in shenemue 3, but i like your version :)

Eating exists in Shenmue 3 to force the player to do the other side activities to make money instead of just plowing through with the main story and nothing else. It wasn't implemented perfectly, but I personally think it was a good idea.

I admit I could do without the eating system, but if they're going to implement it, I think @chaikilla has the right idea of connecting it to the story in a more organic way. It could work well in a manner similar to the rapport system we saw the roots of (but not fruits of) in Bailu.

The eating in S3 didn't irritate me, and I agree, @KiddMarine, that it forces us to engage the side activities more.
That said, I did find it a bit artificial in how it was implemented.
(E.g., I loaded up on garlic knowing I had to max out my training stats, but that's it. I like to walk around Niaowu, but when I wanted the herb trophy, I just loaded up on more garlic so I could run. I'm glad the programmers designed nice models for many types of food, but life is short!)

It's been a while, but I do remember it being a lot less annoying by the middle to end of the game if you've properly trained and leveled up. I hope they don't 'reset' the stats in Shenmue IV so you're focused on leveling up stuff like that again. That would be a bit annoying and unrealistic.

I'd rather they remove the eating entirely.
While Im at the "it didn't bothered me" side I really get this. It opens the door to Ryo needing to empty his bladder from time to time, and S1&2 were great without any of this! What needs further and better enhancement its the training-fighting system. All the rest is secondary to me.

I'm glad the programmers designed nice models for many types of food, but life is short!)
Maybe this was Yu-san intentionally point. A twist on Kojima's "remember to step off playing and do other things".

Oh absolutely, save transfer lacking shouldn't be out of the question this time. Please Yusie, add it 🥺 plz

in shenmue 4, ryo should come across a film set where they are making a chinese kung-fu film and in order to make money or go undercover he has to work as a stuntman for a little bit, using his karate skills.. a bit like jackie chan's early years.

in shenmue 4, ryo should come across a film set where they are making a chinese kung-fu film and in order to make money or go undercover he has to work as a stuntman for a little bit, using his karate skills.. a bit like jackie chan's early years.
And what’s wrong with moving boxes

I mean, it went so well at Alpha Trading

This is an amazing idea ngl
Suzuki-san, I know the ys net ninjas are looking at this so take some notes 📝

Back