Random Shenmue Thoughts

No problem! I remember it playing it Shenmue III, but I thought it happened in one of the morning sequences after waking up in your room. I did some checking in a Shenmue III playthrough and didn't find it at a cursory glance, but it is listed in the video below as "Room 201 (3)":

Happy Holidays everyone 🎄

View attachment 19207
I took almost the exact same pic yesterday and sent it to a friend:
IMG-20231226-151254-531.jpg

Was planning to participate in the "community tradition" of playing Shenmue 1 during the holidays for a while now, but it took me until this year to finally do it.

I was fortunate enough to play the game on SteamDeck and I have to say despite being ~25 years old, it's still somewhat mindblowing that this game can be played on handheld devices now.

This was only my third or fourth time completing the game, dating all the way back to the Dreamcast days. I just finished the game after 16+ hours and still thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

I may even fire up Dreams of Saturn after refreshing my memory with this playthrough.

Any way, Happy Holidays!

Last edited:
All I know is when that British Shenmue 2 came out that's on the right in my pic there, I remember buying it at a small shop in our mall. And playing it after night shift. Tired as hell, but not sleeping to play LOL.
was my first online purchase
(along with the dc-x disc)

great days indeed

Back