Random Shenmue Thoughts

I'm very late on these things so it has probably been posted before but this guy has a very creative channel. There's magic to the world of the first game (particularly the lives of Npc's) that is hard to explain to people that aren't fans of the game.
The depth of it is on another level. It achieves something few games do in that the characters, even the most insignificant NPCs, actually seem like real people in a real place.

"From a distant land in the East, from across the sea,
he shall appear.
He does not know of the strength hidden within him.
The strength that would destroy him.
The strength that would fulfill his wishes."

Maybe the prophecy was referring to Iwao, who also arrived from the East, across the sea, and his hidden strength (the training he did in China that led to the discovery of the Mirrors) eventually destroyed him.

I just remembered that the protagonist of the "ARMS" manga series (Project ARMS in the anime adaptation) is Ryo Takatsuki. His dad? Iwao!
Ryo and Iwao (Tak)atsuki!

Always surprises me when you’re wandering around doing nothing in particular how accurately Shenmue recreates that feeling.
such a great place to forget the world around us sometimes.
just want to wake up, spar, eat carrots, chill at the park, hit the arcade, grab some ramen, laugh and hang with goro, maybe get my fortune told.
so great.
sigh.

No carrots for me either, thanks.

I’ll walk around in the rain all day quite happily.

Vegetables though? No.

such a great place to forget the world around us sometimes.
just want to wake up, spar, eat carrots, chill at the park, hit the arcade, grab some ramen, laugh and hang with goro, maybe get my fortune told.
so great.
sigh.
8f6us6.jpg

No carrots for me either, thanks.

I’ll walk around in the rain all day quite happily.

Vegetables though? No.
No vegetables at all? C'mon, tomato are good (I know that's a fruit but to me still always vegetable no matter science. Won't give up)

😄 i was just honouring iwao

feel free to replace carrots with count chocula or franken berry or boo berry.
I can’t imagine Iwao eating a pizza, I know that much.

No vegetables at all? C'mon, tomato are good (I know that's a fruit but to me still always vegetable no matter science. Won't give up)
Yeah, I agree I guess, don’t mind a tomato.

Insert shop theme here.

AI art needs to be banned
Some AI generation laws and regulations are necessary (protection of original authors, use of random anonymous people like us without consent, use of minors...) but banning the whole technology seems too extreme to me. It could be reasonable also banning its use for some art contests tho, specifying at rules that if AI content its detected the piece will be eliminated from competition.

I'm very forgiving to some solo artists who use AI for some content hard to achieve when they're are starting, for example a vlog series, but I expect that when success arrives they hire CGI artists, VFX editors and so on.

Be aware that if a general ban to AI its ever applied, it won't be well intended but a ban to general public and free use for military, goverments and corporations. This is specially possible since the faction advocating for this scenario winning the OpenAI inside clash.

Third consecutive play through of the three games… day off work, today visited Warehouse No.8 the first time, Nozomi and Ryo’s conversation by the cat, fight with Guizhang.

So much still unexplained set up there.

Back