Random Shenmue Thoughts

You can spend all your money at the beggining souvenirs stands previous to the bag event, those stay at your collection which pressumably are Ryo's pockets. Then you can sell them at any pawnshop and with it start growing with bets, pachinko and arm-wrestling. Money is far from being an issue in S2.

an
Search tool is your friend :)
https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/i...-walls-tools-for-shenmue-i-ii-re-release.674/
Thanks for the tip but I am a veteran of these games.Been playing since 1986. I am having fun this time around. I am using a trainer. Max money advance and decrease time infinite sega coins and most importantly infinite health. All the time I spent years ago training my moves on the DC and beating the games legitimately. I feel like I earn a reprieve. In regards to money, i like to do the 'save in front of dice game bet all my money on the greatest odds and reload save if i lose strategy.' LOL

Last edited:
I thought that I would share this. The voices behind the cast of Shenmue https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Shenmue/

Shenmue 2 https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Shenmue-II/#:~:text=Angus Waycott Barry Gjerde Bianca Allen Bill Sullivan,RuthAnn Morizumi Tom Clark Walter Roberts Wayne Doster

Shenmue 3 https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Shenmue-III/

I am going to have to pay attention to the voice of Hong Xiuying and Joy and see how much alike they sound.

Alot of these people have done alot of my other favorite games in the 90's and 2000's

I thought that I would share this. The voices behind the cast of Shenmue https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Shenmue/

Shenmue 2 https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Shenmue-II/#:~:text=Angus Waycott Barry Gjerde Bianca Allen Bill Sullivan,RuthAnn Morizumi Tom Clark Walter Roberts Wayne Doster

Shenmue 3 https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/video-games/Shenmue-III/

I am going to have to pay attention to the voice of Hong Xiuying and Joy and see how much alike they sound.

Alot of these people have done alot of my other favorite games in the 90's and 2000's

I would have never guessed Wong and Shenhua shared the same voice actress, not even Wong was voiced by a woman in the english dub

its common for women to dub kids in japanese

if you watch the chase scene in Aberdeen its clear Joy actress also voiced the woman pedestrian that screams at Wong

if you watch the chase scene in Aberdeen its clear Joy actress also voiced the woman pedestrian that screams at Wong
It has been years since I beat this game, I just reached Come over guest house. You talking about just after he dropped the marbles.

I would have never guessed Wong and Shenhua shared the same voice actress, not even Wong was voiced by a woman in the english dub

its common for women to dub kids in japanese

Isn't this game english dub. The PAL version was english subs with Japanese Audio. The xbox version was the first to have english dialogue.

Last edited:
POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!! i'm sure that this has been brought up several times but I am new here and would like to start a fresh conversation so here it is. How many people here think that Ziming is Lan Di? I thought this the first time I ever played Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast as I am sure that most of you guys have as well.

POSSIBLE SPOILER ALERT!!! i'm sure that this has been brought up several times but I am new here and would like to start a fresh conversation so here it is. How many people here think that Ziming is Lan Di? I thought this the first time I ever played Shenmue 2 on the dreamcast as I am sure that most of you guys have as well.
I believed it at first but later changed my mind. Their faces doesn't match each other, unlike small Ryo and small Xiuying. Besides the timelapse doesn't help because Lan Di was aged 40 something at the events of Shenmue 2 and Xiuying/Ziming "sister" looks far much more younger. But everything could be reconned :D

I doubt that theory, Xiuying look way younger than Lan Di

and I looked at the faces and dont match not even a little, eyes, eyebrowns, nose and mouth (specially) are very different

I doubt that theory, Xiuying look way younger than Lan Di

and I looked at the faces and dont match not even a little, eyes, eyebrowns, nose and mouth (specially) are very different
Yea your right but what a twist that would be Ryo going after Lan Di ( who is Xiuying's sister (not really) ) She would have to decide to confront her brother and defeat him (again he is not) or be by his side after having not seen him in so many years. But his is the story of a man from the east not about a woman who is in search of her brother.

Yea your right but what a twist that would be Ryo going after Lan Di ( who is Xiuying's sister (not really) ) She would have to decide to confront her brother and defeat him (again he is not) or be by his side after having not seen him in so many years. But his is the story of a man from the east not about a woman who is in search of her brother.

Well the story is not about Lan Di either, its about Ryo's choices in life

you know, Ziming only exists to support Xiuying reasons to try to convince Ryo to go back to his home, friends and family

the same applies to Nozomi, she only exists to make the player think about what Ryo left behind

Ryo has no blood family anymore but he could have been living a peaceful life with Nozomi who tried to support him in many ways, sending flowers to his family altar and trying to stay by his side, shared her feelings with him and stuff like that

He had a 2nd opportunity with Joy who seemed interested

In the end what I think is Ryo will develop something for Shenhua and live with her giving up on revenge,

Lan Di could have killed Ryo if he wanted, but hes already living with the curse of murdering someone

I didnt played 3 yet, just some of it and I found it boring because of the food thing for stamina, I may try again with mods some time this year

I didnt played 3 yet, just some of it and I found it boring because of the food thing for stamina, I may try again with mods some time this year
If you haven't already, take a look at this:
Thread ~ A different take on Shenmue III ~
And specially
Thread 'Food System ~ Analysis

What happened to you previously with Shenmue 1 resulting boring its probably whats happening again with S3, due those game systems. Live the yourney with your MIND.
For mods, classic camera its a personal must to.

Last edited:
Well the story is not about Lan Di either, its about Ryo's choices in life

you know, Ziming only exists to support Xiuying reasons to try to convince Ryo to go back to his home, friends and family

the same applies to Nozomi, she only exists to make the player think about what Ryo left behind

Ryo has no blood family anymore but he could have been living a peaceful life with Nozomi who tried to support him in many ways, sending flowers to his family altar and trying to stay by his side, shared her feelings with him and stuff like that

He had a 2nd opportunity with Joy who seemed interested

In the end what I think is Ryo will develop something for Shenhua and live with her giving up on revenge,

Lan Di could have killed Ryo if he wanted, but hes already living with the curse of murdering someone
I never said that the story was about Lan Di. In regards to Joy she seems like the girl that is interested in any tough guy type. I am sure that she and Ren are hooking up. It doesn't matter that Lan Di has already killed Ryo's dad. If he really wanted to he could have killed Ryo but if he did that there wouldn't be a game. Lan Di doesn't seem like the type to have remorse for killing anyone. Oh i sure hope that he doesn't give up on the revenge angle. Yes I know that it is the right path to take but i and you and millions of others have w8ed close to 25 years to see the story come to and end and I would love to take it out on Lan Di for taking so long to do whatever he is doing so I can confront him. I wish Yu Suzuki would just publish a book and finish the story that way.

I wasnt to thrilled with 3 myself. I felt that it only produced more ?'s than answers and I hope we wont have to w8 another 20 years for 4.

I never said that the story was about Lan Di. In regards to Joy she seems like the girl that is interested in any tough guy type. I am sure that she and Ren are hooking up. It doesn't matter that Lan Di has already killed Ryo's dad. If he really wanted to he could have killed Ryo but if he did that there wouldn't be a game. Lan Di doesn't seem like the type to have remorse for killing anyone. Oh i sure hope that he doesn't give up on the revenge angle. Yes I know that it is the right path to take but i and you and millions of others have w8ed close to 25 years to see the story come to and end and I would love to take it out on Lan Di for taking so long to do whatever he is doing so I can confront him. I wish Yu Suzuki would just publish a book and finish the story that way.

he could have killed Fuku-San then

what I wanted to see is Lan Di doesnt seem to be a murderer , he had a reason to kill Ryo's father and thats explained in 2

have you played Shen 2?

he could have killed Fuku-San then

what I wanted to see is Lan Di doesnt seem to be a murderer , he had a reason to kill Ryo's father and thats explained in 2

have you played Shen 2?
I have played all three of the games 4 times for 1 3 times for 2 1 time for 3 soon to be twice. First time touching them on the PC/PS4/5

Back