Recent Gaming Purchases

These gems:

UC67iWs.jpeg

Plus I also managed to get this the other month. Don't think I mentioned it:

RSt015V.jpeg
Full respect to the likes of yourself who have these awesome collections. I also really like how you choose to showcase Shenmue II's cover, which in my non-biased opinion is the greatest video game cover of all time.

Full respect to the likes of yourself who have these awesome collections. I also really like how you choose to showcase Shenmue II's cover, which in my non-biased opinion is the greatest video game cover of all time.

Thank you. I have kept my Dreamcast collection and built upon since I got the system not long after it came out. It's my favourite system of all time.

I agree with you about Shenmue II's cover. The artwork is fantastic. That Shenmue II is actually fairly new. My wife bought me Shenmue II about 20 years ago when we were first dating! I still own that copy, but it was bought second hand and over the years the outer box has become a bit rough and scruffy. It's one of my favourite games of all time and some of my favourite artwork of all time, so I have really wanted to pick up a really good condition copy. Anyways, this near mint copy appeared and I managed to get it for a really decent price (cheaper than it costs in CeX for a bashed up copy).

xbxosc2.jpg
With the news of the Xbox 360 Store coming to an End next year, I have began to look at what games I want. The good news is all the backwards compatible content should be available still - though I have found many exceptions! Some games though even BC and appear on the Xbox Store just won't let you purchase them - Hence leading to this work around.

On Amazon, there are some 360 download codes available - The downside, they're often full price still. Yet, they have Soul Calibur II HD Online! This is the Full version of the game, upscaled and Backwards Compatible! It cost more than I would like but at least I now have a version of my favourite gmae of the series!

Also, I ended up getting Sonic 06... it's not BC but was £3.39.

Last edited:
Games for the month!
2023auggames.JPG
Haven't got a bundle in a while like this! Still ticking off Xbox BC games I want - I was hoping to get Syndicate as well but it was missing!

Magnacarta is an interesting one - It has a sequel on Xbox 360 called Magnacarta II... but it is the 3rd game in the series! There is a previous game called Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche and was neevr released outside Korea on PC... I have seen their might be a translation online so hopefully I an fanangle it on my PC!

Also snagged a PC Backer copy of Shen3! No slipcase but was very cheap on eBay!

Finally got Tomb Raider III on PS1, it's one of them games I have had on the back of my mind to grab and saw it in store the other say - now I have all 5 PS1 originals.

Then some PS5 games, In Sound Mind is a very decent horror game! you play as a phyciatrirst stuck in an office buidling and have to confront surreal cases on previous patients - It's actually £2.99 on Xbox/PS5 right now! I wanted a phsyical copy as I really enjoyed it!

heard good things about House of Ashes, I didn't enjoy Man of Medan much, it felt very rough around the edges and had a few inconsistencies with my actions but I love interactive narratives so hoping this proves good!

Also got Resident Evil Damnation, I haven't ever watched the RE CGI movies but have been playing through the series with a friend for over a year now o_O Thinking of giving them a go as they do have narrative points.

I also got a few more Xbox Downloads:
Burnout 3: Takedown, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Fable - They were priced okay but still not happy taht the store is going down.

Also got some DLC for Metal Gear Rising on Xbox 360 - Weirdly the Scenario DLC is free on 360 but not PS3. I got the extra VR Missions as the game is BC on Xbox One/Series and the best way to play.

Picked up Texas Chainsaw Massacre for PS5 to play co-op with a buddy. It's ok.
I'm VERY hesitant to buy into online competitive games. I made that mistake with Evolve, which I still believe was a good game but after the community backlash it got it sunk & I regret the money I paid for it at launch. What is also annoying is a lot of these 4-Player VS Monster games became a trend AFTER Evolve... It still grates me to this day :ROFLMAO:

aug2023-re7dpm.JPG
I've been trying to get various game related animation/CGI films lately & saw CEX had a Blu-Ray Double pack for the Dead Space films. At the counter I saw a lovely RE7 Steelbook & had to have it - RE7 is genuinely could be my favourite of the series, the production value is so good for a 1st person game!

Games for the month!
View attachment 18709
Haven't got a bundle in a while like this! Still ticking off Xbox BC games I want - I was hoping to get Syndicate as well but it was missing!

Magnacarta is an interesting one - It has a sequel on Xbox 360 called Magnacarta II... but it is the 3rd game in the series! There is a previous game called Magna Carta: The Phantom of Avalanche and was neevr released outside Korea on PC... I have seen their might be a translation online so hopefully I an fanangle it on my PC!

Also snagged a PC Backer copy of Shen3! No slipcase but was very cheap on eBay!

Finally got Tomb Raider III on PS1, it's one of them games I have had on the back of my mind to grab and saw it in store the other say - now I have all 5 PS1 originals.

Then some PS5 games, In Sound Mind is a very decent horror game! you play as a phyciatrirst stuck in an office buidling and have to confront surreal cases on previous patients - It's actually £2.99 on Xbox/PS5 right now! I wanted a phsyical copy as I really enjoyed it!

heard good things about House of Ashes, I didn't enjoy Man of Medan much, it felt very rough around the edges and had a few inconsistencies with my actions but I love interactive narratives so hoping this proves good!

Also got Resident Evil Damnation, I haven't ever watched the RE CGI movies but have been playing through the series with a friend for over a year now o_O Thinking of giving them a go as they do have narrative points.

I also got a few more Xbox Downloads:
Burnout 3: Takedown, Crash Bandicoot: The Wrath of Cortex, Fable - They were priced okay but still not happy taht the store is going down.

Also got some DLC for Metal Gear Rising on Xbox 360 - Weirdly the Scenario DLC is free on 360 but not PS3. I got the extra VR Missions as the game is BC on Xbox One/Series and the best way to play.
I love laras home in TR3

I'm VERY hesitant to buy into online competitive games. I made that mistake with Evolve, which I still believe was a good game but after the community backlash it got it sunk & I regret the money I paid for it at launch. What is also annoying is a lot of these 4-Player VS Monster games became a trend AFTER Evolve... It still grates me to this day :ROFLMAO:
Yeah. I completely understand. The only reason I even looked into it was because my buddy already had bought it and was raving about it. Then of course, it was only $40 instead of $60 or $70. If I didn't have a bud to co-op with, I wouldn't be touching the game at all. The hook with Chainsaw is that there are now THREE killers to contend with as one of FOUR survivors. I've managed to escape once and die... a lot.

Just got Gran Turismo 7. I got it just because of VR2 but was about to take it back to the shop (before playing in VR) as the first impressions weren't great. The graphics weren't anything special, not a fan of the menu, sense of speed was near non-existent and I just don't get the handling. I get that it's supposed to be a sim so my expectations should be more in check, but the turning circle is a joke, it's like turning a bus on all cars. Have to brake to a stand still to complete the most basic of corners.

Anyway, played it in VR and decided to keep it as it's a pretty cool experience.

I just purchased the Steam Version of Daymare 1994 Sandcastle.

I have also purchased 2 more Dreamcast Games

Project Justice and Omicron Nomad Seouls.

I have played Project Justice already and it is real nice Fighting game. It is not as beautiful as Soul Calibur or Dead or Alive 2 but I like the Art Style a lot and the gameplay is fun.

I am also curious now to check out the first game of the franchise Rivial Schools that just came out for the PS1.

I had no time to check out The Nomad Souls yet but I am curious about the game as well.

I just purchased the Steam Version of Daymare 1994 Sandcastle.

I have also purchased 2 more Dreamcast Games

Project Justice and Omicron Nomad Seouls.

I have played Project Justice already and it is real nice Fighting game. It is not as beautiful as Soul Calibur or Dead or Alive 2 but I like the Art Style a lot and the gameplay is fun.

I am also curious now to check out the first game of the franchise Rivial Schools that just came out for the PS1.

I had no time to check out The Nomad Souls yet but I am curious about the game as well.
Project Justice is pretty neat too in that it mostly plays like a 2D fighter, but has legitimate 3D movement and 3D fighter-esque same-button strings.

PJ is my 2nd favourite fighting game on the DC and probably my 5th favourite game overall on the console: I played the absolute shit out of it for a good year and half (2007-2009ish) and got to a point where I REALLY honed my skills to get as max a score as possible on the non-story 1 player mode: Shoma is my main (of course, being a baseball nut), with Eiji Yamada (Edge) as #2 and Burning Batsu as #3.

The mechanics of the game are absolutely awesome and everything about it screams love and care. I also have the Japanese version, due to the boardgame minigame, but I got that at a point in my life when life started to get really busy and haven't been able to touch it yet.

An absolute rounded 10/10 game.

It has also been over $150.00 USD since I got my DC at the end of 2005, so when I got it, I got it on half.com (back when it was still a site and eBay hadn't scrapped it yet). I got it complete... for $20.00.

Blown. TF. Away.

I bought my first three Gameboy Advance games this week. I am not sure why I never got into the GBA before. I sold my Gameboy Color back in 2003 I think and never got around to getting a GBA, except I actually did have a GBA SP lying around and a DS Lite, so I decided to pick some games up I always wanted. I got Gunstar Future Heroes (huge fan of the first game), Astro Boy and Sonic Advance.

I also bought Z for the Saturn. It's like a tactical strategy game, a bit like C&C, but quite different from that. I played it back in the 90s on PC at a friend's house and really liked it.

Finally, I picked up World of Illusion. No real reason other than it's a classic and I inexplicably didn't already own it.

Edit: Woops, I forgot I got D2 as well.

nZxeob0.jpeg

W5e4lqQ_d.webp

OV5Wp9f.jpeg

oKqoWpP.jpeg

Last edited:
Back