Release date concern

Ha, I'd be surprised if most of us aren't "millennials" (1981 - 1996), with a few Gen Xers thrown in the mix. Perhaps there are a few Boomers too, but probably not that many.

Aha, I know, I'm just using the term 'Boomer' in the way that's become common on the internet within the last year or two, which tends to include a lot of people over 30. :p

You're overlooking the Japanese housewife market, who'll finally have the kids out of the way and be able to get their hands on Ryo-chan in peace.
Actually I never realized how much this makes sense.
Not the housewives per se, but parents of school kids in general. I am 33 and although my child is 1 year old, if I had my child earlier and he was of age for elementary school, this would actually be good timing as he would be out of my hair during the day time (if I was off work) and then I could play Shenmue 3 all to myself without interruption.

Ok.. Yu Suzuki and co. are actually a bit genius. Not in my particular case but in terms of the 25-40 yr old crowd who work alternate schedules such as in retail stores, construction and such, this is a huge service!
Just sets my mind at ease now that I realize some of the Japanese fan base can see this as perfect timing.

I'm still completely fucked though. I mean, of all the days I simply MUST be back at work, take care of my son, do chores etc.. the game I have waited for more than 50% of my life on earth finally releases. Alls well though, I will have the rest of my life to play it. And thats something simply amazing already. We are all so lucky.

Last edited:
Ayy where my Gen Z brothas at?

I... don't understand.

Back