Ren's Greeting "Yo! Nice work, man!"

Favourite title
Shenmue II
Currently playing
Baldur's Gate 3
Shenmue III_20200218202640.png
I'm playing with the Japanese audio/English subtitles and I had been wondering about this greeting from Ren, whenever Ren greets Ryo in this way, Ryo gets huffy with him. He frowns at him and says "...hey!" like in an annoyed tone, so I'm just curious as to why that is? Is something lost in translation here? Or is it just nothing and Ryo's in a bad mood.. :LOL:

I know it's not a big deal or anything, I'm just curious.

I could be misremembering, but doesn't he say this after the Almond Mushroom sidequest? In which case Ren's thanking Ryo for finding him the mushroom, and Ryo is still annoyed he got junk in return.

I could be misremembering, but doesn't he say this after the Almond Mushroom sidequest? In which case Ren's thanking Ryo for finding him the mushroom, and Ryo is still annoyed he got junk in return.
No its not about the side quest since I didn't do it what ren mean to ryo when he say nice job he mean that ryo do nothing so he say nice work in a humorous way in french its more understandable

Pretty sure he thinks Ryo's banging Shenhua and is referring to that.
Now this I do know: Ren doesn't actually meet Shenhua until right at the end, after he and Ryo confront the Red Snakes (and promptly get their asses kicked).

Back