~ Road to CyberPunk 2077 Thread ~

At this point, I would have been more surprised if there hadn't been another delay.

I'm okay with it getting pushed to December. Next month is pretty stacked as is. Yakuza 7, Next Gen, Spider-man Miles Morales, New COD, Demon Souls...and so on. Yeah, there is more than enough to occupy me come next month. I'm perfectly okay with Cyberpunk being a December game at this rate.

Last edited:
This news is REALLY frustrating for me. November 19th was the first day of a two week holiday for me (end of semester break, I’m a teacher) and I was really looking forward to having that time to immerse myself in the world. Now I will be getting the game mid semester which is less than ideal timing. I feel sorry for the students in December. Having to put up with a grumpy teacher who is suffering from a lack of sleep.

All I can say is that, to me is not that bad.
the game will come very near my christmas holidays, and better optimized!
I'm glad I haven't yet booked 19th and 20th November at my job haha

Rumors are that the delay is because current gen of consoles have quite a performance issues with the game.

Theres probably a reason why all of the gameplay footage is from the PC version
and all of the preview systems for the influencers and journalists were provided by CD Projekt Red.
The base Xbox One and PS4 version wont look like that.
Imagine the busy streets with all the cars, hundreds of people, huge buildings with no loading screens and so on
from the trailers and gameplay reveals and how it will run on base consoles.
Sure, if you have a 2080TI or better and all that stuff you will get exactly what you saw in the preview footage
but especially base console players will probably be locked to 900 - 720p,
medium settings and a average framerate of 27 or something like that.
+ all of the bugs and glitches they couldnt fix in time.
I dont know if anyone remembers but the console performance of Witcher 3 wasnt great at all in the beginning,
even for PS4 Pro.

Not too fussed as I only plan on getting in when the next gen patch is available. With that said, wish they could manage expectations better. The reason they gave for the latest delay is something they would have been able to forsee.

The meltdown was pretty hilarious to watch yesterday. The amount of people on Twitter losing their shit because they have to wait an extra month :D

Was quite hilarious to me.
Lol apparently none of the Cyberpunk 2077 fans were around between Shenmue 2 and 3 ;)

I saw a few complaining that they had booked time off work because it was a certain release date.

Most firms will let you move leave without issue especially a day or so.

Yet it escalated into death threats being sent and abusive messaging to the team. I know it's a small minority but they give most rational gamers a bad name. Utterly ridiculous.

Then there's the outrage. Not being funny it's 3 weeks. Not 3 months. There's far more important stuff going on right now and the sense of entitlement here is crazy.

It's been delayed, people need to get over it.

I saw a few complaining that they had booked time off work because it was a certain release date.

Most firms will let you move leave without issue especially a day or so.

Yet it escalated into death threats being sent and abusive messaging to the team. I know it's a small minority but they give most rational gamers a bad name. Utterly ridiculous.

Then there's the outrage. Not being funny it's 3 weeks. Not 3 months. There's far more important stuff going on right now and the sense of entitlement here is crazy.

It's been delayed, people need to get over it.
Due to Cyberpunks delay it's time to riot in the streets, block the freeways in violent protest, light things on fire and break into local businesses to loot because in 2077 what makes someone a criminal? Getting caught. While here in 2020 it's a free for all depending on which way the wind blows with the politics of your region.

It’s not entitlement to call someone out for lying and putting their employees through more crunch. They said it went gold.
Dude, it's a little bit entitlement to be sending death threats to people like some of these morons have. This game is gonna be worked on well into next year. Look at the The Witcher 3 and how many patches it got post release.

As for the crunch thing? I kind of refuse to believe they didn't know this was coming. Just because a game goes gold in this day and age doesn't mean they cease work. Hence Day 1 patches. They're still working on that game right up and beyond the moment it's in our hands.

Either way, it's one month and at this rate, I wouldn't be surprised if the game leaks seeing that it has gone gold. Retail copies have no doubt manufactured so surely retail copies will float around next month. I'd be surprised if it doesn't end up in peoples hands next month some way or another.

All I know is this game had better be worth with it. For all the drama and all the bullshit, I just hope the game is actually worth it.

I really think this game is gonna be an over hyped let down. I'm sure it will be good, but I really do feel it's gonna be over hyped and a let down on some level. But I hope not.

It’s not entitlement to call someone out for lying and putting their employees through more crunch. They said it went gold.
Now the crunch thing is something that until I see a bunch of convincing evidence one way or the other for CDPR then I'll not comment. They say everyone is being paid and it isn't forced, others say this isn't true.... I'll take things on a balance there.

Just because a game went gold, in this day and age especially, doesn't mean people can't delay something. Not with Day 1 patches now being common place. We need to move away from the assumption that Gold = 100% making release. It's a fairly safe assertion but not 100%, certainly not now.

Nor does any of the above justify any of the madness reactions there have been. I understand disappointment and as many of us waited 18 years for Shenmue III to see multiple delays I take that one on the chin.

@danielmann861 covered the rest above and I concur.

At the end of the day you shouldn’t need a day one patch after 4 delays and many years of development after many features being cut altogether. It’s lazy and incompetent and giving them a pass for it only makes it worse for everyone else.

At the end of the day you shouldn’t need a day one patch after 4 delays and many years of development after many features being cut altogether. It’s lazy and incompetent and giving them a pass for it only makes it worse for everyone else.
You might want in to sit on the developers before calling them lazy or incompetent. They're clearly working hard and if they're wanting to make the game better then fair play to them. I just hope it matches the hype.

I understand the issues with Day 1 patches as it can cause some developers to leave some issue until the patch and the disc versions are not great from preservation perspectives.

Last edited:
This game is a MASSIVE project.
With undreads of systems working together at the same time. This is no FallGuys dude.
Even tho CDPR is a big studio, we can't forget most of their employees are now working from home, due to the pandemic.
If you think that has no impact in productivity and effective/fast comunication between the team, I don't know wht to tell you.
21 days dude, who in their right mind would give a a shit.
To be a bit disapointed its good, Iwas!, But to make a straigh up outrage and spit death threath to the devs is just low consciousness behaviour.

The internet is an avenue for all kinds of cowards who we see everyday, saying everything that comes to mind, with no respect for truth or even good will, because their hidden behind a desk.

We should treat the by what they truly are. Cowards making noise. nothing more.

Now the crunch thing is something that until I see a bunch of convincing evidence one way or the other for CDPR then I'll not comment. They say everyone is being paid and it isn't forced, others say this isn't true.... I'll take things on a balance there.

Just because a game went gold, in this day and age especially, doesn't mean people can't delay something. Not with Day 1 patches now being common place. We need to move away from the assumption that Gold = 100% making release. It's a fairly safe assertion but not 100%, certainly not now.

Nor does any of the above justify any of the madness reactions there have been. I understand disappointment and as many of us waited 18 years for Shenmue III to see multiple delays I take that one on the chin.

@danielmann861 covered the rest above and I concur.
Crunch is 100% happening as that is, sadly, the standard in software development deliveries and its even worse in videogame companies. The question is not if as how much hours per day they are doing, the reports of Jason Schreier, which his insider contacts have quite right about delays in the past, and such say that some have been doing 100h a week, which in case of being truth is quite brutal.

And it is probably "voluntary" in the sense that if you do not do it or your job position is compromised at the next evaluation or you lose any possible salary/bonus benefits in the next evaluation. Not in videogames but I lived one of this "voluntary" crunches in the past when I was starting my career as an intern.

The riots, which obviously I do not agree but had a blast seeing all the drama, are a bit magnifyed by the facts that it is the 4th delay and just the day before their social media guy was responding the 19th November release date was a fact.

Crunch is 100% happening as that is, sadly, the standard in software development deliveries and its even worse in videogame companies. The question is not if as how much hours per day they are doing, the reports of Jason Schreier, which his insider contacts have quite right about delays in the past, and such say that some have been doing 100h a week, which in case of being truth is quite brutal.

And it is probably "voluntary" in the sense that if you do not do it or your job position is compromised at the next evaluation or you lose any possible salary/bonus benefits in the next evaluation. Not in videogames but I lived one of this "voluntary" crunches in the past when I was starting my career as an intern.

The riots, which obviously I do not agree but had a blast seeing all the drama, are a bit magnifyed by the facts that it is the 4th delay and just the day before their social media guy was responding the 19th November release date was a fact.
I've seen some of the reports from Jason Schreier, though not read too much into them. When he's been challenged on some of the limited bits I've seen he's blocked a few people who work for the respective companies. Not saying it's not happening, I'm not informed enough to make that call and by all accounts from varying firms it happens to a degree across the board. It's how it is enforced. You hear horror stories of people not being paid for the overtime as they're on a salary. That's not on.

Most of the time, if communicated in the right way, people will happily pick up extra if compensated for it.

Yeah I saw that.... it's a question as to why they haven't spoken to the social media team ahead to warn them about things like that.

Back