Sega and Nintendo Minis Reigniting the Console war?

I will eventually get this. A big bonus for me is world of illusion. Too bad some of my childhood favorites are missing. If I had the choice I would add:
Ecco the dolphin - The tides of time
Aladdin
Cool Spot
Tiny Toon Adventures
Sonic 3D
Toy Story
Super hang on
Lion king
Quackshot
World Cup Italian 90
TazMania

Looks like media outlets are starting to get their Minis to test. Gamesack has a good video about it - they detected some minor differences in audio compared to an original model 1 Genesis, but nothing that is anywhere near as bad as the AtGames models over the years... or even the later models of the Genesis.

The ability to change the region looks really cool and will correctly alter the game where such differences existed (in some cases there were significant changes in difficulty from region to region, for example).

Another thing worth noting - the small slot inside the expansion port is only decorative. Not an SD card slot like I hoped (admittedly that was a long shot). So the only way to hack this will be through the USB controller ports. Hopefully it'll be possible so we can add more games to it!

Reviews across the board is saying this is high quality effort:

I think Sega is strucking gold wit this one.

there's many more but I'll cap it here for post length sake.

2 or 3 more days before launch. Sega is cranking up Marketing on SNS with bought ads on youtube/google and twitter SNS tweeting.

Got mine a few hours ago, my old Model 2 Mega Drive from the 90s still works fine but I bought the Mini anyway to support the fact that Sega is releasing their own hardware again. I'd love a Dreamcast Mini or a Saturn Mini next or perhaps even something entirely original to follow but we'll just have to wait and see.

As for the Mega Drive Mini itself? I love it, M2 did an exceptional job with the emulation. There is always going to be a certain amount of input lag on a modern screen compared to a CRT but I haven't encountered any issues. For example, I fired up Sonic 2 and was to play the game with all my usual finesse. Other twitchy games like Thunder Force III and Gunstar Heroes also played just fine.

The new port of Darius is good as well. Haven't had a chance to play to Tetris yet though. I also have a JPN Mega Drive on order to access the exclusive games for that region, I'm looking forward to playing Musha and Hybrid Front for the first time.

Got mine and hooked it up yesterday! Looks great, feels great. I can't say I've detected any noticeable lag on any of the games I've tried so far. The first group of games I'm most interested in... Darius, Shinobi III, Super Fantasy Zone, Strider, and Monster World IV. Maybe some day I'll take on Phantasy Star IV.

Apparently there is a cool surprise hidden in the mini Mega CD unit if you open it up... :D do a search and I'm sure you can find out about it.

I got my daughter started playing Monster World IV... she is loving it so far!

Apparently there is a cool surprise hidden in the mini Mega CD unit if you open it up... :D do a search and I'm sure you can find out about it.

I got my daughter started playing Monster World IV... she is loving it so far!
Did a search and watched videos. Didn’t see anything surprising

Back