Sega and Nintendo Minis Reigniting the Console war?

I was too weak to resist and have pre ordered the mini now. Seems to be a good starting Point into the 16 bit world and the ti tles seem to be really cool. I can still get a original Mega Drive later. They are not that expensive anyway.

I was too weak to resist and have pre ordered the mini now. Seems to be a good starting Point into the 16 bit world and the ti tles seem to be really cool. I can still get a original Mega Drive later. They are not that expensive anyway.

Mega-Drives Games is where you'll be breaking bank if U plan to collect authentically. The Plug-in plays is a godsend for retro archival/experiences without having to navigate shady legal waters. Cough Nintendo Cough

Yes that is unfortunately true. Some MD games are really pricey. Luckily Sega is re releasing many games so it is possible to avoid to pay lots of Money for some of their games, there are still some games out Change to get a re release. In that case paying a smal fortune cannot be avoided. Luckily I have not much found that many expensive games that would be interesting for me.

For time being I am quite Interested in the many movie license games, like Batman, Turtles and Robocop vs Terminator for example. They are not that expensive.

The only very expensive game at the Moment I really want to get is splatterhouse. And splatterhouse is quite pricey.

Honestly sure all us hardcore SEGA fans will get it, but generally it's not going to sell nearly as well as Nintendo's minis. Sega ruined their opportunity by constantly rereleasing the same collection of genesis games over and over again of varying (lack of) quality... the market is saturated and the fact that this one might actually be good for once isn't going to change the public's eye...

I'll most likely grab one though if there's enough options to tinker with it...

I agree 100% but I hope I'm wrong. I thought you were banned lol.

I don't see Sega making a new console they're already losing money with just software. Also as time goes on we are getting closer to developers moving toward streaming services than making dedicated hardware. Also I heard a rumour that Sega would partner with Google on the Stadia, that could work Google is everywhere.

Don't think they'll partner with Stadia. Always dreamt of a Sega Steam box with at least Dreamcast and Saturn if not everything they (almost) ever made.

They're putting some heavy hitters on this thing. But pairing Street Fighter II' with a three-button controller is not ideal. I guess the 8bitdo folks are happy about it, though, because a lot of people will be buying their six-button controllers!

I'm trying really, REALLY hard to not buy this thing, but each additional piece of news makes it that much harder. I already bought the Genesis collections on PS2, 360, PS4, rebought that last one on Steam, have fantastic Genesis emulation on both my PC and my Vita, and have a real Genesis. It's stupid, I don't need this... but...

I agree 100% but I hope I'm wrong. I thought you were banned lol.
He is, which imo is absolutely absurd.

So apparently there's a Retrobit Genesis Mini 6-button controller that will be available starting in August. It's different from their recently released 6-button controller, as well as the 6-button controller that is packed in with the Japanese MegaDrive Mini.

The iconic SEGA Genesis console returns in a slick, miniaturized form along with two classic 3-button control pads... but what about the six button control pad? In partnership with Retro-Bit SEGA is offering an official companion controller that has the genuine look, feel and performance of the original to use with your SEGA Genesis Mini!

Is this the same controller as the Japanese release is getting?

No, the original six button controller released in Japan was smaller than the one released in North America. The Japan release of the Mini will include the smaller six button controller(s) whereas the North American release will include the original three-button.

How is this controller different than the Genesis USB controller Retro-Bit just released?

The USB Genesis controllers that were just released had a few quality of life improvements with the re-positioned mode button and added L/R buttons. The new Genesis Mini version is true to the original design and does have the added benefit of also working with the Nintendo Switch.

Will the USB controllers Retro-Bit just released work on the Genesis Mini?

Yes, both the Genesis and Saturn USB controllers will work with the Genesis Mini.

When are these expected to ship?

These are expected to ship in August 2019 and are available to pre-order here.

Well, been looking abit on SNS and some ninties fans are low-key inflating pre-order to cancel at the last minute. They're trying to keep Ninty Mini's rep above Sega by making Sega burn money on extra units and or cause retailers to do sales cuz of overstocked inventory getting Sega a lower return of the profits. :oops:

Some are saying it's revenge(?) for what happened with the GameCube where it was Sega's PSO that broke ninty security and let hackers have a field day with it.

Well, been looking abit on SNS and some ninties fans are low-key inflating pre-order to cancel at the last minute. They're trying to keep Ninty Mini's rep above Sega by making Sega burn money on extra units and or cause retailers to do sales cuz of overstocked inventory getting Sega a lower return of the profits. :oops:

Some are saying it's revenge(?) for what happened with the GameCube where it was Sega's PSO that broke ninty security and let hackers have a field day with it.

View attachment 2838

Jesus Christ...

I hate Ninty... and I mean I HATE Ninty.

But I would never do something like this; why help out the cutthroat and bloodthirsty entity, to help kick the smaller and long-defeated entity?

@Let's Get Sweaty

Still aren't convinced? ;)

Guess it does ring true in the end; Sega is and always has been, for us mature human beings, while the Ninty group are still all children, after all.

I've never heard or read a less convincing statement. ?

Last edited:
Yea, some post got much more darker with one Ninty fan calling sega the roach company that won't die & a Sega fan screaming at Sega that they're letting Ninty get a free pass by not releasing a new console in so long. Others are blaming Sega for starting this rivalry with their marketing back in the 90's. I think some people def gotten PTSD from the console war.:oops:

Back