SEGA: 'What is Shenmue?' Series [UPDATE: EPISODE 3 IS OUT!]

I really enjoy how Corey Marshall narrates these exactly like Ryo, stoic, monotone voice and all. Hearing him for the first time on the first video really brought back some memories! I have no doubt that with so much time passing, Corey could do a much better job as Ryo as he's probably a talented actor. But, I will say that his lifeless reading of Ryo's lines are so ingrained in my head that I would actually hate it if he did a better job!

I have no doubt that with so much time passing, Corey could do a much better job as Ryo as he's probably a talented actor.
If his IMDB is anything to go by, I would have a lot of doubts...

The interface is looking great, I think its a nice touch with the Dreamcast controller and the VMU.

shdi.png

That save icon. Hahaha. Nice touch! (y)

God damn "jujitsu"... sigh. o_O:mad::sneaky: Not in this series, please.
Eerm... i don't see what's the issue? You do know Ryo practices jujitsu and has said he practices it in the actual games right? Eg, when Jianmin asks Ryo what martial art he practices in Shenmue 2 Ryo says jujitsu. Or im i misunderstanding your post?

Last edited:
The bloom is hideous and completely unnecessary. Adds absolutely nothing to the game and only detracts. Really hope this can be toggled off while still maintaing 1080p

Can't be done. Turning off the bloom is tied to the DC 480p mode. Maybe it can be patched still. PC is an option to just mod it away.

Can't be done. Turning off the bloom is tied to the DC 480p mode. Maybe it can be patched still. PC is an option to just mod it away.
I take it you haven't watched any of those streams yesterday? Because they suggest otherwise

The bloom is hideous and completely unnecessary. Adds absolutely nothing to the game and only detracts. Really hope this can be toggled off while still maintaing 1080p
This is why PC version will be the best... modders will fix all the issues Adam Koralik swears up and down can't be fixed within weeks... A lot of the choices made for this just don't make much sense...

No I didn't watch any of the leaked content. And it has been stated in the past that this is how the feature works.

Well it looks like that information was incorrect, or the devs changed their mind in the past month and changed it. Believe me it looks exactly like you change switch the bloom off while still running in HD

If things weren't so anal around here then we could actually post these pics and discuss it

If things weren't so anal around here then we could actually post these pics and discuss it
But until then just wait till Tuesday bro... can't say I agree with it either but protesting it for an entire week isn't gonna help anything... there's always reddit and stuff to discuss such things...

Without the bloom, the games may look too sharp for newcomers. I think it's a good decision, especially since the game is still 30-fps locked.

Without the bloom, the games may look too sharp for newcomers. I think it's a good decision, especially since the game is still 30-fps locked.
game still looks beautiful to this day without that horrid effect. There's a reason you don't seem bloom anymore.. It's an effect that died out completely last gen.

game still looks beautiful to this day without that horrid effect.

Sadly, that's not what I could read through the net. The game is visually shocking for many people.

Sadly, that's not what I could read through the net. The game is visually shocking for many people.
where have you been visiting? While yes technically they have aged, but it's the art and detail that has held up after all these years. Artistically, they are both still beautiful games!

where have you been visiting? While yes technically they have aged, but it's the art and detail that has held up after all these years. Artistically, they are both still beautiful games!
A lot of modern gamers don't give a shit about that unfortunately. Don't forget, a HUGE chunk of modern gamers weren't even born by the time Shenmue came out... Shenmue probably looks like a steam indy game to them...

Back