Shenmue 0 prequel ideas

Yes a full year in the game would be ideal in IMO as well.

I didn't actually think about Dreamcast graphics. Of course for a wider audience more modern graphic is more appealing.
But I honestly wouldn't mind having slightly improved dreamcast graphics, haha.
I remember trying RPG maker when I was a teenager but don't remember much from it. The newer versions must be superior to the older version.

I also had the idea of keeping and further develop how Ryo hand picks all the things that he buys.
Some people probably think this is nuts and unnecessary but I love to pick things up, zoom in on them and rotate items with Ryo's hand. I would love to see Ryo both drink the soda and eat many different types of food in an animation.

Maybe there could be a level-system where certain foods with more protein levels up certain moves more effectively.
I also thought that if Ryo eat certain carbs right after he has been practicing, the more effective he can recover and there by also level up and getting stronger. Like having the food system more connected with the training and every day life. Like a chain.
But instead of having the stress factor like it had in Shenmue III for some people. You never run out of energy, except maybe after a hard training session. But that eating is entirely or partialy optional.

I also like to have social ´level-up-system´ that opens up abilities as well ass situations based on how well he interacts with Nozomi and his friends. ..And also how well he performs in school. Things like that..

In Shenmue i love to pick things up, zoom in on them and rotate items with Ryo's hands, your idea is really nice

Your ideas about food system/level-up-system is really good, i agree with everything you wrote.

Imagine we are interacting with Nozomi, she asks a question, we choose one of the options, if this option make Nozomi happy then the friendship/relationship meter will fill and level up, maybe the max level for this can be level 5 for all characters, and as you said this unlock new situations with the characters, new scenes with the characters, i like this a lot.

In Shenmue 1 we saw two photos with Ryo in a time before his father death, in Shenmue 0 we can show the days or the day that they took this photos, we can tell the story of what happen in the days they took this photos, i think is a nice idea. 😊

Edit: Well... i think the last photo only appear in the demo What's Shenmue, i'm not sure right now, but it is a photo before the events of the first Shenmue.

vlcsnap-00013.pngvlcsnap-00020.png

Last edited:
In Shenmue i love to pick things up, zoom in on them and rotate items with Ryo's hands, your idea is really nice

Your ideas about food system/level-up-system is really good, i agree with everything you wrote.

Imagine we are interacting with Nozomi, she asks a question, we choose one of the options, if this option make Nozomi happy then the friendship/relationship meter will fill and level up, maybe the max level for this can be level 5 for all characters, and as you said this unlock new situations with the characters, new scenes with the characters, i like this a lot.

In Shenmue 1 we saw two photos with Ryo in a time before his father death, in Shenmue 0 we can show the days or the day that they took this photos, we can tell the story of what happen in the days they took this photos, i think is a nice idea. 😊

Edit: Well... i think the last photo only appear in the demo What's Shenmue, i'm not sure right now, but it is a photo before the events of the first Shenmue.

Yes! Totally agree, and the idea with the story behind the photos is genious! The autumn leaf trees behind them fits perfecly with a full year story!

I have now added more ideas. Written in Green and some other ones in Yellow.

Feel free to read, comment and share ideas. Whether you read parts of it, or all of it.

Back