Shenmue 3 1.4 update

Shenmue III Update 1.04 Patch Notes
  • Made adjustments to certain game contents.
  • Optimized background displays.
  • Made improvements to the conversation function.
  • Updated localization texts and displays.
  • Made adjustments to the credits roll.
  • Made fixes to backer contents.
  • Made preparations for DLC application.
  • Other minor bug fixes.

I wonder if the localisation fix includes the dialogue/ subtitles at the ends and the end credits I hope they fixed the music and some of the backers names

I tweeted at them to find where the update went live and they said it's live in Asia (Hong Kong) and they assumed it would go live world wide later today. It's been like 7 hours now though and I've literally seen noone with a confirmation of the patch anywhere in the world.

I am PS4 and UK so not ready yet right'? Well it's not up at time of this post anyways.

I tweeted at them to find where the update went live and they said it's live in Asia (Hong Kong) and they assumed it would go live world wide later today. It's been like 7 hours now though and I've literally seen noone with a confirmation of the patch anywhere in the world.
Unfortunately they can't do much. The timings are related to PSN and Epic Store guys :(

Btw guys, my game crashed on ps4, just after the battle in the warehouse,
with Ren and Ryo altogether.

I won the battle, then it crashed. When I launched the game, I was alone in the warehouse, which I suppose is right.
But then when I got to the hotel at 9pm,
Ren
was standing near the sofa where Shenhua was sitting. But it was impossible to talk to one or the other. Did you encounter this situation with
Ren
inside the Niaowu hotel ? Or was this because of the crash ?
Thanks !

Btw guys, my game crashed on ps4, just after the battle in the warehouse,
with Ren and Ryo altogether.

I won the battle, then it crashed. When I launched the game, I was alone in the warehouse, which I suppose is right.
But then when I got to the hotel at 9pm,
Ren
was standing near the sofa where Shenhua was sitting. But it was impossible to talk to one or the other. Did you encounter this situation with
Ren
inside the Niaowu hotel ? Or was this because of the crash ?
Thanks !
You are supposed to have a cutscene with both of them that automatically plays (you never get to control Ryo here). Sounds like you should go back to the auto save or a save before the battle.

Never encountered a crash on my 90+ hours so must just be unlucky.

Only issue I had was soft lock on notepad when... making calls on phone in hotel niaowu. You could select a person to call from the menu but you could go ahead and make the call nor cancel out of the notepad. This seemed to happen when I used a different phone card from the ones supplied at the hotel desk

Pretty sure I experienced a soft lock at the same point. Just as the cutscene loaded the screen went and stayed black. When I reloaded I found myself in the warehouse at night (the game auto saved when the screen first went black).

Pretty sure I experienced a soft lock at the same point. Just as the cutscene loaded the screen went and stayed black. When I reloaded I found myself in the warehouse at night (the game auto saved when the screen first went black).

Thanks for the reply ! And thanks Sheephead !
Tomboz, do you remember seeing Ren in the Hotel after that ?
Thanks.

Thanks for the reply ! And thanks Sheephead !
Tomboz, do you remember seeing Ren in the Hotel after that ?
Thanks.
I honestly can’t remember, I’m afraid. It was about a month ago. At first I was worried I’d have to restart from an older save but my play through continued unaffected. Not sure if it made any difference, but it happened to me on my second play through (new game plus).

Strange. I still haven’t downloaded 1.3 and was playing last night (JP).

I went to, "search for updates," and it DL'd immediately.

Anyone actually got patch 1.04 yet? lol Still haven't seen a single person confirm it.

I'm leaving for home in 10 minutes (live 5 minutes away), so if it is there, I will post.

If it isn't, I won't reply lol

I might reach out to Ysnet/the Kickstarter team to see if there is any comment on 1.03 for PS4 in the UK, as we still haven't received it (even when trying to manually do it via "check for updates" it just says that the current version is the latest - 1.02). If I do, at the same time, I'll ask if patch 1.04 is a thing lol... I just find it incredibly strange that we've had noone on twitter or something in the Shenmue community confirm it.

I'm UK - Still 1.02.... Don't know why I'm so excited about a patch lol

• Made adjustments to certain game contents.
  • Optimized background displays.
  • Made improvements to the conversation function.
  • Updated localization texts and displays.

I'm hoping "certain game contents" means "the QTEs". Honestly got no idea what "background displays" means. Gunna be pumped if you can skip all dialogue straight away for my NG+.

I wonder why update history is always so ambiguous. Is it a trade secret thing or something?

Back