Shenmue 3 1.4 update

Its a shame they fixed the exploit. So glad SEGA/d3t kept the map exploit of Shenmue II in the re-release.

Devastated about exploit..... Got 14k and 124k tokens and dupes of most items in the game so far. Guessing that's enough right???

Just like the idea of being able to play the game how I want to. Nice to have time savers etc....

Menuing is snappier. Frame rate a little better. Skippable dialog regardless of circumstance. Default jacket appears the same to me.

Playing on PS4....

Last edited:
Never knew about the exploit, but also never had much to worry about money--and i exclusively chop wood, catch ducks and predominantly sell herbs to have enough cash without much interruption. Still need to do much more gambling and lucky hit on my subsequent plays. Fishing and forklifts, too!

Agreed. Would like the idea that it reverts back in NG+ that'd be pretty classy if they did that....

Meh. There’ll be other exploits. I found the book exploit without even looking for it. I’ve no doubt if we actually tried we’d find something else in no time.

Agreed but then 1.05 drops and...... Lol......

The exploit would be very useful for replays but w/e.

That exploit still took a lot of time and was monotonous.
I'd rather just do the two full Rose Garden tournaments a day routine.
Got about 500,000 in about 3 Shenmue days doing those if I recall
Much more fun and you acquire Snake Power drinks as well

Just tooling around with NG + waiting for DLC to go live. The ability to skip dialogue especially when it becomes to repetitive tasks or jobs already makes a world of difference and really speeds game up and encourages you to talk to more people.

Sounds like perfect time to replay the game now.

Bummed about losing the exploit, but I'll take that loss for skipping dialogue.
(In case of this, I saved a spare file with 1,000 of each type of book, in case I want to be a sleazy big spenduh for no meaningful reason.)

Apologies if this is not the place to ask but is there anyway legitimately to revert back to 1.02 or prior? Like uninstall/reinstall etc etc...

Apologies if this is not the place to ask but is there anyway legitimately to revert back to 1.02 or prior? Like uninstall/reinstall etc etc...
PS4 or PC? 1.02 I don't think so, prior yes if you are in PS4
Delete the game > Disconnect the console from the Internet > Install from the Disc > Set the system to not download updates automatically (not sure if you can do that)

But you will got the base game, just that

I'm on PS4 - thinking transfer saves to mem stick or get ps plus and transfer saves to cloud then if there's any incompatibility I've only lost time.

Yes. RIP exploit.
Maybe it has to do with the possibility transfer save from Shenmue 3 to Shenmue 4. Therefore, this way of earning money want to limit, so as not to get a great amount of money and tokens. That makes Shenmue 4 too easy.

About time. I'll download this patch tonight. But before that I'm going to do the money skill book exploit that got patched out if it's actually quick. The conversation skip should have been in the game from it's initial release but I'm glad it has been patched in. For that reason I've returned to the game after beating it once.

Last edited:
Back