Shenmue 3 Demo Impressions & Interview - Nintendo World Report TV

If you arent publishing things yourself independantly, you dont own your creative works unless otherwise stated in your contract.

This goes for books, film, music, and games. I mean, there was a reason Konami could remove Kojima's name from MGSV... He legally doesnt own the engine or the game, even if it was really fucking shitty of Konami to do that.

It sounds shitty but Sega paid Suzuki and his team to make that game. They took all the fiscal risk - paid for all the equipment, building costs and all the employees were given a pay cheque regardless of the games sucess or delay etc. Hence they own it. (Also one of the reasons I fundamentally disagree with Kickstarter)

People also have to accept that a lot of game development is not very profitable these days - its expensive and the pay offs aren't actually that big.

Also would it not of been quite expensive to emulate these old games inside the Unreal Engine? It would of required a significant amount of work for both the PS4 and PC versions (and add to the cost of any future port) whereas one the main reasons they went with UE4 was because of its flexability and portability?

We have a decent selection of mini games already so I'm pretty happy. It would be nice to of had the classic SEGA games but I'd rather the budget went elsewhere if I'm being honest.

Back