Shenmue 3 FAQ's Up. Shenmue 3 will come to Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always thought it was common sense that Things in development are subject to Change. But thanks a lot for posting the pictural evidence Spud.

I agree with everything you said. It also correct that for PR reasons they need to do something about it.

Except the Steam part isn't in the requirements only. It's LITTERALLY the order name.
People didn't order " PC download/physical" that may activate on Steam. The item name was litterally "Steam download/physical disk".

Also @Reprise about what you said for Youtubers. You may think that. But Jim Sterling or Angry Joe have millions of followers. Them saying "it's a scam for backers" is terrible PR shown to millions of people. Angry Joe's Top 10 worst games of E3 (where Shenmue III got the first spot because of the Kickstarter) released yesterday has already more views than Shemue III E3 2019 trailer.

If you think that's not a problem I don't know what to tell you.

YsNet and DS could kill your dogs and you'd all still defend them lmao.

If people wants to defend YsNet, the best thing isn't to let anything pass. I cant stress enough that Shenmue 3 doesn't rely only on backers. They'll also need to sell to the general audience.

And you know what's being told to the general audience right now ?

"Shenmue III Kickstarter is a scam because they don't give backers what they paid for"
"Shenmue III looks outdated and bad"
"Shenmue III received so much money yet it doesn't look so hot"

Everything around the game is all about the Kickstarter.

Are you a lawyer ghost Trick. Any experience in that matter? if so, some of your fellow lawyers seem have a different opinion. At least according to Infos in the Video that spud mentioned. It is not that easy. And at least in my language a Survey is not obligational. It just meant to evulate data which Version the People want. It is used to plan the production of the copies.

But again it is not contract for purchasing a product. (purchase contract) So the info that Things are subjected to change. Yes steam was the planned Version at the time of Survey but again a Survey is not obligational.

But I fully admit I am not a lawyer so I might be wrong.

Since it seems reading it's hard in Dojo, I'll repeat myself one more time:

You'd be right if people ordered a "PC digital" or "PC physical" which may have Steam as a requirements in the system requirements, which were indeed subject to change.

But people ordered this:
unknown.png

A "Physical Steam Disc" or a "Steam Download". That's where the distinction happens.

It's not a "PC version" that "may activate on Steam".
It's a "Steam copy".

Heck, I'll go as far as saying, yeah, "Requires Steam client to activate" is part of "additional info" and not a "system requirement" per se. But in the end, the PC system requirements argument is only relevant if backers ordered a "PC download/disc". It becomes irrelevant when the item clearly says "Steam digital/physical".

"Ordered" eh? Funny, it seems to say survey in big bold letters at the top.

"Ordered" eh? Funny, it seems to say survey in big bold letters at the top.

And on the right, in the big box, it says "Order Summary" with a price and a total. Even a payment option (here, prepaid). Funny indeed.

They should've wrote "Donation" instead of survey. This way they'd have 0 legal obligation. :"")

Also @Reprise about what you said for Youtubers. You may think that. But Jim Sterling or Angry Joe have millions of followers. Them saying "it's a scam for backers" is terrible PR shown to millions of people. Angry Joe's Top 10 worst games of E3 (where Shenmue III got the first spot because of the Kickstarter) released yesterday has already more views than Shemue III E3 2019 trailer.

Let them live in their own delusional world where we'll get Shenmue VI and ice cream mountains.

And on the right, in the big box, it says "Order Summary" with a price and a total. Even a payment option (here, prepaid). Funny indeed.

They should've wrote "Donation" instead of survey. This way they'd have 0 legal obligation. :"")

Yeah, we contributed to the kickstarter for free.

"I'm delusional and I can't read!"

Space Lion it is not about defending DS and YS net. It is about defining Shenmue. Shenmue is a series that has no place in the modern day world. It is not Mainstream enough. it has no loot boxes and does many Things different than many modern games. So any normal modern game Studio won't make such games anymore.

This rage of the pc gamer could shut the whole Project down. You are willing to kill Shenmue for good just because of some bad wording in a Survey . And just for the sake of being right. It is just a pc game. Not worth to political about it.

I just want to Play the game. And These "politics" are limiting my Chance to get the game. I am not going to Support a way of thinking that does not make any sense. If you have purchase contract of a steam Version I would be with you, but you have just a Survey. Nothing obligational.

Are you a lawyer ghost Trick. Any experience in that matter? if so, some of your fellow lawyers seem have a different opinion. At least according to Infos in the Video that spud mentioned. It is not that easy. And at least in my language a Survey is not obligational. It just meant to evulate data which Version the People want. It is used to plan the production of the copies.

But again it is not contract for purchasing a product. (purchase contract) So the info that Things are subjected to change. Yes steam was the planned Version at the time of Survey but again a Survey is not obligational.

But I fully admit I am not a lawyer so I might be wrong.

In the video you link, the guy itself said "he didn't take time to look into it". And at no point he adressed the Fangamer thing.
If you readed me, I agree with him. Going by the Kickstarter, they never promised a Steam key. And Kickstarter has no legal binding.

Where it becomes tricky though, and that video didn't cover that part at all, because of a lack of info and time, is when YsNet has added Fangamer to the process. And that's where the tricky part comes, because the way I see it (and the way the law can see it), those "surveys" were treated as orders for multiple reasons:
  1. They had a price and a specific item listed.
  2. You could add more items despite the kickstarter being over.
  3. The item listed was a "Steam download" "Steam disc".
  4. You had an "order summary" with a price and a total.

The way it's been handled, basically you got a voucher for backing the game. A voucher as high as the price you paid. To be used in Fangamer's shop.

Yes you are a defender. Stop living in your fantasy world.

Let's look at reality shall we? Press play.

Space Lion it is not about defending DS and YS net. It is about defining Shenmue. Shenmue is a series that has no place in the modern day world. It is not Mainstream enough. it has no loot boxes and does many Things different than many modern games. So any normal modern game Studio won't make such games anymore.

This rage of the pc gamer could shut the whole Project down. You are willing to kill Shenmue for good just because of some bad wording in a Survey . And just for the sake of being right. It is just a pc game. Not worth to political about it.

I just want to Play the game. And These "politics" are limiting my Chance to get the game. I am not going to Support a way of thinking that does not make any sense. If you have purchase contract of a steam Version I would be with you, but you have just a Survey. Nothing obligational.

No. What is limiting is the way YsNet and Deep Silver are handling the marketing of the game. Not only for the Steam thing but also for media previews and such. It's been downright terrible. Whoever thought it was a good idea to send B-roll footage without music is terrible at marketing.

And no, we don't have just a survey. We have an order. As I said, it's not because you write "donation" in a sale act that it becomes a donation and you can brush off any seller responsability.

These folks still complaining over the distribution of Shenmue III on PC do not have Ys Net or the Saga’s best interest at heart...they have been brainwashed to believe Valve is holy for not paying developers their fair share ...and debating them is like debating flat earthers at this point...they think they know more than the scientists...not even worth the time anymore...

Last edited:
I can think by my own. So I do not care what some random dude in the Internet is saying. Any adult should be able to make his own opinion. What do you want to proof with Video? Mr big Youtuber does not like Shenmue. My answer to

that would be

But just seriously. any normal gamer should makes his own opinion and should not listen to a random youtuber. It is just a opinion.

Many People for example like Read Dead Remdeption 2, God of War and Horizon Zero dawn. To me this are the most boring and generic games I have ever played in this Generation.

This is my opinion and my mind won't change. But many People have a different opinion. Many People love These games. An I respect that. This games are not just my Cup of tea.

And Shenmue is not the Cup of tea for many other People. Point taken. Nothing bad about it.

It's a problem, but what can I do to cure human stupidity? We live in an age where people worship idiotic Youtubers like AngryJoe who can't go five minutes without every other word being an expletive or DreamcastGuy and others who get caught lying for clicks all the time, where young girls ideolise moronic Instagram and Youtube influencers whose sole purpose is to sell them crap they don't need, where the music that tops the charts is the absolute worst and real talent is buried, where the best films go unnoticed whilst people get hard over the latest shitty superhero flicks.

If you think I really care what people think, then you're mistaken.

Also point me to one KS that hasn't been accused of being a scam. It's the easy thing for knuckle heads to do.

Angry Joe can have all the influence in the world, his content is still fucking shit. You know who else is influential? Nigel Farage. That doesn't stop him from being a massive bellend whose opinion I could not give a rat's arse about.

No. What is limiting is the way YsNet and Deep Silver are handling the marketing of the game. Not only for the Steam thing but also for media previews and such. It's been downright terrible. Whoever thought it was a good idea to send B-roll footage without music is terrible at marketing.

Do agree with this though. The marketing is horrendous.

You have to be smoking some special grass to deduce that it's a "survey" and not an "order". It's indeed a survey. A survey of my order that I paid with my own money. You have to using insane mental gymnastics to say "that's not an order." If it's not an order, how do they track I participated in the KS to begin with?

This is what pisses me off most: the intellectually dishonest bullshit.

Please, by all means, share the drugs you're clearly consuming.

You have to be smoking some special grass to deduce that it's a "survey" and not an "order". It's indeed a survey. A survey of my order that I paid with my own money. You have to using insane mental gymnastics to say "that's not an order." If it's not an order, how do they track I participated in the KS to begin with?

This is what pisses me off most: the intellectually dishonest bullshit.

Please, by all means, share the drugs you're clearly consuming.

Oh yeah? What did it say on Kickstarter in 2015 when you paid your money? Go on, show the confirmation email to us all.

I can think by my own. So I do not care what some random dude in the Internet is saying. Any adult should be able to make his own opinion. What do you want to proof with Video? Mr big Youtuber does not like Shenmue. My answer to

that would be

But just seriously. any normal gamer should makes his own opinion and should not listen to a random youtuber. It is just a opinion.

Many People for example like Read Dead Remdeption 2, God of War and Horizon Zero dawn. To me this are the most boring and generic games I have ever played in this Generation.

This is my opinion and my mind won't change. But many People have a different opinion. Many People love These games. An I respect that. This games are not just my Cup of tea.

And Shenmue is not the Cup of tea for many other People. Point taken. Nothing bad about it.

Not only is Shenmue a naturally divisive game series by being unorthodox, esoteric, and sticking to its unique vision, it is now mired in controversy. This has done a major hit in sales. Not only because of the shop, but also the simple fact it's mired in negativity that Shenmue, as a niche product, simply cannot afford.

You are insane if you think a niche game can afford anything like this 5-6 months before release. This is very, very bad, your own opinions be damned. Yes, we as Shenmue lovers will love it. All of us here love the gameplay footage. But we are die hards swimming in now poisoned waters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back