Shenmue 3 fight engine

Thank you!

Me too, I honestly thought nothing would compare with the OG outfit, but the kung fu wear looks so badass. I was wondering the same if in the future we can change his hairstyle or perhaps he can wear a hat lol!
Or even a Bandana like Ren!
1575592517738.png

Reactions: Dan
On one hand I miss shenmue 1 and 2 virtual fighter combat with the deep extensions within moves, counters, throws, and more. But on the other, after playing around with the combat a lot, I've been enjoying the combat a lot the more I practice at the Martial hall and certain areas in the story. There are a lot of moves that work well together in one combo string that makes it fun to find and piece together. I wish block and dodge were more reliable and imo they should have got rid of the meter and instead have it like sekiro where tapping block when they hit would block, would make the fights more engaging but they do their part still for the most so its no big deal. I just beat all the Duan in Niaowu martial hall on the hardest difficulty without taking damage. Been practicing the dodge a lot on the gold dragon and imo he is one of the best opponents to practice with because he hits fast and breaks through a full block with most attacks which makes block only useful once before having to refill. Dodge practice works great against him too to get used to dodging accurately and timing.

all 10 opponents hardest difficulty no damage

some bonus combos I filmed:

5 hit combo

6 hit combo

Great stuff! Would you be able to share some combo strings or give a quick tutorial on what moves link together well?

I don't think I have successfully completed a QTE event first time round. Anyone else really struggling with them?

Yep, me. They are so tough. I've just realised my tv has a Game Mode so will see if that helps to decrease input lag any. I really hope it does as I really enjoyed QTEs in I & II, and it's frustrating hardly ever nailing them the first time around in III. Has anyone else noticed any difference with Game Mode when it comes to QTE events?

I’m enjoying the fighting now - I made a grave error are started the game on hard difficulty. The game doesn’t really give you a good explanation of the fighting system and the enemies are much faster!

But back in normal mode I’m with it now and it seems to work ok

Just a quick update re. my QTE issues. In my last post I mentioned I had just discovered my TV has a game mode I had stupidly not been using. Well, it turns out it made a noticeable difference. QTEs are easier to get the first time round and I’ve been getting much higher scores in excite QTE, etc in the arcades.

Back