Shenmue 3 fight engine

Gold Tiger. Did you get to that level before moving on from Bailu?

I did yeah. I'm actually still in Bailu. Before you move on you get a message to warn you that you're about to move on, so I delayed it a bit to tie up a few things. Capsule toy sets, side quests, etc.

Gold Tiger is tough. Took me 3 attempts and that went right down to my very last tiny bit of health.

I think I was level 39 when I left Bailu.
You max out at 43.

Did you get all the move scrolls? I'm still trying to get a couple more in Bailu.

Endurance only lets you max out One inch punch and Horse stance up to level 7 in Bailu.

I did yeah. I'm actually still in Bailu. Before you move on you get a message to warn you that you're about to move on, so I delayed it a bit to tie up a few things. Capsule toy sets, side quests, etc.

Gold Tiger is tough. Took me 3 attempts and that went right down to my very last tiny bit of health.
Seriously? How did you guys level up so much? Jut through the bloody horse stance?

Did you get all the move scrolls? I'm still trying to get a couple more in Bailu.

Endurance only lets you max out One inch punch and Horse stance up to level 7 in Bailu.

As much as I could in Bailu I believe.
In Naiowu I missed a few. Make sure you buy that Magnifying Glass at Bailu prize exchange. I'd also pick up Butterfly Pendant and green glazed Vase
(besides winning soccer ball, clown plush toy, block racing car, digital clock)

As much as I could in Bailu I believe.
In Naiowu I missed a few. Make sure you buy that Magnifying Glass at Bailu prize exchange.

Nice, thanks. I'm still trying to figure out where to get a few things to exchange for some of the move scrolls.

I didn't do much training at all to beat him and I'm nowhere close to finish Bailu at all, but I've put a lot of time learning and mastering the combat system.

I kinda wish that Matrix slowdown ability wasn't locked to only yellow health bar level or lower. I totally even missed this ability until people started posting vids like you did. Plus, its a very high risk move then because you need to be low health to pull it off, which doesn't bode well for Rose Garden tournament bets in Naiowu, and the payoff seems to be more visual effect than powerful anyway.

And there was me thinking the only thing in Bailu I haven't done yet was fishing..... Need to find more move scrolls as I've maxed out what I already have. Also, when your attack goes up, is this the amount of damage you do?

I kinda wish that Matrix slowdown ability wasn't locked to only yellow health bar level or lower. I totally even missed this ability until people started posting vids like you did. Plus, its a very high risk move then because you need to be low health to pull it off, which doesn't bode well for Rose Garden tournament bets in Naiowu, and the payoff seems to be more visual effect than powerful anyway.

This mechanic is not only for show. It grants armor while Ryo is in slowdown so he can't be knocked down even he gets hit, and "speeds up" moves that require long animations like the Brawling Uppercut. Also, it gives 100% hit rate disregarding even distance. So basically it's very useful for slow powerful moves and those that get easily interrupted by enemy's attacks, specially when fighting multiple opponents at once.

This mechanic is not only for show. It grants armor while Ryo is in slowdown so he can't be knocked down even he gets hit, and "speeds up" moves that require long animations like the Brawling Uppercut. Also, it gives 100% hit rate disregarding even distance. So basically it's very useful for slow powerful moves and those that get easily interrupted by enemy's attacks, specially when fighting multiple opponents at once.

hmm good to know.

Will you dare use it in Rose Garden though in the 10,000 token finals? High risk high reward then. but still risky lol

I honestly never came across this matrix thing I never had to it seams

You always had it. Its not an unlockable. You just had to be in the yellow and double flick the analog stick either left or right to trigger it. But yeah, if you never got to the yellow or red health in battle and stayed long in that zone and fiddled with the controls as such, you'd have glanced over it like I did as well.

hmm good to know.

Will you dare use it in Rose Garden though in the 10,000 token finals? High risk high reward then. but still risky lol

I'm still in the beginning of the game but I probably will try once I get to this tournament you've been mentioning about. It's a risky move, but very satisfying to pull off as it's so cinematic.

You always had it. Its not an unlockable. You just had to be in the yellow and double flick the analog stick either left or right to trigger it. But yeah, if you never got to the yellow or red health in battle and stayed long in that zone and fiddled with the controls as such, you'd have glanced over it like I did as well.

I get that I always had it but I never was on the position to ever use it in my whole playthrough excluding the fights you are scripted to lose I only ever lost a fight 3 times

I get that I always had it but I never was on the position to ever use it in my whole playthrough excluding the fights you are scripted to lose I only ever lost a fight 3 times

yeah I know.

What difficulty btw? Normal or hard?

Back