Shenmue 3 for PC is Epic Store exclusive after seeing the latest trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also noticed this. I'm pretty annoyed.

I know people will hate me for this but after that trailer, I'm glad they delayed it. It definitely needs more work.

The facial animation is not good. No doubt.

The logo shows but there's no indication it's exclusive. Locking this until it becomes more clear.

Holy fuck. It's confirmed.

This game is fucked. What the fuck. They advertised it being on steam for literally 4 years.

After the delay, Steam became the last chance to hope good sales in the future.

The licence is cursed...

When the Kickstarter was created EGS didn't even exist. This it outrageous. I hope the physical copy isn't just a game code but I'm betting it will be. Also, and more importantly: There go their sales on PC.

I don't remember exactly how the Metro debacle went down, but didn't they confirm that those who had already ordered on Steam could get it through there?

The unnerving thing here, though, is that they didn't say it's a timed exclusive, so this could be different.

I'm not sure what the fuss is about buying it off a different digital store but based on the Metro situation, this is not good

I don't remember exactly how the Metro debacle went down, but didn't they confirm that those who had already ordered on Steam could get it through there?

The unnerving thing here, though, is that they didn't say it's a timed exclusive, so this could be different.

Yeah but what about backers we are being left in the dark not knowing what we will get......

I was already expecting it TBH.
But what's the deal with the MS store ? Metro was also supposed to be exclusive to e EGS and now is on pc game pass.

Seriously, why are people worrying about it being on Epic store. We've waited nearly 20 years for this we need to back it.

Because they've been advertising for four years it'd be on steam! It's even on the Kickstarter that it'd include a Steam key. This is massive news that betrays consumer trust. You're a diehard and an exception but the game perception from general audiences is now tainted.

Have you been following the Steam and Epic Store situation at all? This is AWFUL news for the game.

Ohhhhhhhhhh my. This was a srs landmine I didn't want Suzuki to Trip. Deepsilver prolly didn't tell Yu the whole picture before committing. Darn, now PC's gonna take a huge tank in sales and this game's rep. A shitestorm is brewing on KS atm. ohhh gawd. I really hope they can climb back from this or Epic's deal better cover funding of SIV.

Seriously, why are people worrying about it being on Epic store. We've waited nearly 20 years for this we need to back it.

I'm largely with you here. I suspect the reaction comes from the combo of some recent bad news-- delay, "muh face modelz", ambiguity about backing for Steam folks-- leading some to suspect the worst. In particular, could a large number of backer refunds and people refusing to use Epic damage sales such to risk the chance for S4?

I admit this wasn't the best look for the game/brand today (I liked the trailer), but I doubt we're getting into Mighty No. 9 levels of failure here. We've seen recently how excitable the fanbase has been lately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back