Shenmue 3 for PC is Epic Store exclusive after seeing the latest trailer

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need to start a hashtag and get it trending on twitter. #shenmue3steam

Reactions: Ren
Is the tank in sales for PC by not selling it through Steam really worth whatever Epic Games are paying them for this exclusive? I'm not a PC gamer at all but I've heard nobody likes Epic Games, this really has me worried about the long term success for Shenmue III and any future hope for later titles.

This is the last I will say on it. I don't have Epic but would for Shemmue 3. Other clients spy, facebook spies, twitter spies they all do.

The sooner we get over it the sooner we can back the game. We need to think of the bigger picture. Is it a bad decision to go on Epic time will only tell.

People need to calm down and wait for backer info regarding steam. They will likely transfer keys or offer it via steam for those backers.

Because there will also people who don't mind who sells what. I'm trying to understand the issue with Epic and maybe it's because I've had a long day but it is what it is. Saying my preference is irrelevant is the same as me saying yours is and that isn't an arguement.

Anyway I will leave that there now.

You don't know what you're talking about. You're deflecting and saying you'd play Shenmue even if it had Facebook spies and shit. Who gives a FUCK what you would play Shenmue III on? You know that you and I both would play III on a goddamn toaster. But there's more to Shenmue than this site. There's more to Shenmue than this fanbase. We need this game to be a success and they've gone and fucked it up and here you are mindlessly prattling about how you've been waiting for 20 years. Who cares? What does that have to do with the health of this games sales?

Since you're on console I imagine this is hard to wrap your head around, but not all game store apps are built the same. EGS has a bad reputation from past releases. I know this sounds like a simple thing to console gamers who don't have to worry what they put on their system, but for PC users who also keep all their private data on their PC they don't want to install random programs they don't trust. PC users have grown to trust Steam and GOG where as I've never heard anything positive about EGS.

Again, get why this doesn't seem like an issue to console users, but trust me: it is and a big one.

Thanks for answering, that makes sense. Originally, I think I was OK with the Epic store as Steam was rather omnipresent and their very lax attitude to allowing an anything goes approach (resulting in a ton of shite and disturbing games), so another competitor seemed quite refreshing.

That said, it's quite scary how upset everybody is (again, as a console gamer, I don't really understand) and reporting to Kickstarter for fraud.

I guess pandora's box has been opened now. Seeing as we don't know the financial details, could it be that having it an Epic games exclusive may have saved the game? I understand and appreciate people's anger as it did come out of nowhere.

What is also important is - is this a Deep Silver decision or Yu's?

This is the last I will say on it. I don't have Epic but would for Shemmue 3. Other clients spy, facebook spies, twitter spies they all do.

The sooner we get over it the sooner we can back the game. We need to think of the bigger picture. Is it a bad decision to go on Epic time will only tell.

People need to calm down and wait for backer info regarding steam. They will likely transfer keys or offer it via steam for those backers.

Because there will also people who don't mind who sells what. I'm trying to understand the issue with Epic and maybe it's because I've had a long day but it is what it is. Saying my preference is irrelevant is the same as me saying yours is and that isn't an arguement.

Anyway I will leave that there now.

With all due respect, that's nice for you. But for others, we actually ordered a Steam game through the survey.

You don't know what you're talking about. You're deflecting and saying you'd play Shenmue even if it had Facebook spies and shit. Who gives a FUCK what you would play Shenmue III on? You know that you and I both would play III on a goddamn toaster. But there's more to Shenmue than this site. There's more to Shenmue than this fanbase. We need this game to be a success and they've gone and fucked it up and here you are mindlessly prattling about how you've been waiting for 20 years. Who cares? What does that have to do with the health of this games sales?
Whether you agree with me or not it would be worth calming down. I'm done with your discussion

I think we should all calm down a bit on this. Yes it is going to be bad PR, yes it will likely hurt sales on the PC version, but don't let that spell doom on Shenmue III or the future. We have always been the optimistic community in our hopes for the series, so let's not throw that away now.

I really would recommend to wait with raging before we know if the steam Version is completely out of the Question . If so then please feel free to be Angry, but if you backers still get your steam key you have raged for nothting.

And no offense, but companies do what brings most of the Money. So far the Epic exlusives deals seems to pay off and thats why they move on with it. If it would not pay of, then they would not do it.

It seems that the anti Epic People are just a small but very vocal minitory out there in the world wide web.

Alrighty folks, I'm with you all that EGS exclusivity sucks and Shenmue shouldn't be stuck on that platform. But let's calm it down a little bit please.

I don't mind if it's on Epic. I'll make an account and deal with the service. I'll have to. But I want my physical copy and my backer demo. Some animation improvements would be nice but I'm not expecting them.

Keep faith folks, this will be rectified somehow, someway...

Locking this. Use this thread instead please:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back