Shenmue 3 Real Install size revealed (PS4)

It would round out to at least 32-33GB after the day one patch install. I'm so glad that the file size for this game is small as I was preparing my hard drive for the worst with this game. Lately, I was thinking it will only be 50GB or under at most.

By the way why is this in the spoiler forum? It's like saying the systems it will be on are a spoiler, it's just technical information.

By the way why is this in the spoiler forum? It's like saying the systems it will be on are a spoiler, it's just technical information.

I think Joel didnt want to make everyone curious how he get this information; because I‘m not allowed to share some details because of the embargo. And I think he didnt want to involve me in it....

but as you say; its just a techical information and thats why I shared it with him.

and he invited me to join the forum☺️

I think Joel didnt want to make everyone curious how he get this information; because I‘m not allowed to share some details because of the embargo. And I think he didnt want to involve me in it....

but as you say; its just a techical information and thats why I shared it with him.

and he invited me to join the forum☺
Welcome to the forums.

I think I speak for all of us when I say we're all jealous Haha. That makes sense re the embargo.

Hope to see you on here after you've played Shenmue III. It would be interesting to get your thoughts. Are you a long term fan of the series?

and he invited me to join the forum☺️
First of all, Welcome to the Dojo!!

Thanks for sharing what you can and letting us know what the install size is!!

Are you allowed to share the embargo date with us? So we know when to expect reviews/what some of us would call spoiler footage, as there are some who are trying to avoid seeing anything else until release (as we are so close now lol). I totally understand if you cannot share said information ?

Well that must mean they're letting reviewers with enough time to complete the game prior to the release of the articles. I hope that's for the better.

Thank you guys !

I‘m a fanof shenmue since Dreamcast; but I never finished Shenmue 2;
But since the PS4 Remastered launched last year I have the possibility to play it again :)

And I will start Shenmue 3 on Saturday or Sunday :)

The streaming embargo will be opened on Thursday 18.11.2019 maybe on 00:00 bit I think like all orher games between 2 PM and 6 PM (CET) and the review embargo maybe earlier. (I asked a friend of mine who wrotes reviews since 1999; he will tell me the embargo when he‘s home on his computer)

Well that must mean they're letting reviewers with enough time to complete the game prior to the release of the articles. I hope that's for the better.

Yeah most of the games I (or my review friends) get 48h - 3 Weeks earlier; for reviews; events (planing); and my streams (earlier for my job back here in switzerland)

How do you guys figure reviewers don’t have a copy, but some random dude has a copy? That doesn’t really make sense.

I dont know why this happens. Why some have a copy and some does not.

I was on holidays in scotland, 2 weeks ago and when I returned home to switzerland I had to go to the post office and there were 2 small packages with 4 games and one had this copy in it.

Last edited:
No offense intended, Sephera. I just meant there’s got to be more copies out there, some in the hands of the media.

No offense intended, Sephera. I just meant there’s got to be more copies out there, some in the hands of the media.

Oh its fine; I allready got a call from Koch Media and had to shut down my shenmue video / stream because of shenmue 3. Didnt knew that shenmue has such a big embargo (even for seing on an PlayStatopn Menu).

Streaming embargo is also not the 18.11.2019 (the info I got) its the date of the release... so 19.11.2019

Oh its fine; I allready got a call from Koch Media and had to shut down my shenmue video / stream because of shenmue 3. Didnt knew that shenmue has such a big embargo (even for seing on an PlayStatopn Menu).

Streaming embargo is also not the 18.11.2019 (the info I got) its the date of the release... so 19.11.2019
Good to have you on the boards Sephera! Glad you didn't seem to get in too much trouble from Koch Media. Really envious that you'll be finishing Shenmue II for the first time soon! Playing any Shenmue game for the first time is an incredible experience and one I can't wait to recapture with Shenmue III!

I hope you liked Scotland btw ;)

Good to have you on the boards Sephera! Glad you didn't seem to get in too much trouble from Koch Media. Really envious that you'll be finishing Shenmue II for the first time soon! Playing any Shenmue game for the first time is an incredible experience and one I can't wait to recapture with Shenmue III!

I hope you liked Scotland btw ;)

Scotland is one of my favorite countries <3 Bonnie Scotland <3

looking forward to visit scotland again next year :)

and yeah I know what you mean... I‘m envious of every gamer who will play Final Fantasy 7 or 8 for the first time :)

Thank you guys !

I‘m a fanof shenmue since Dreamcast; but I never finished Shenmue 2;
But since the PS4 Remastered launched last year I have the possibility to play it again :)

And I will start Shenmue 3 on Saturday or Sunday :)

The streaming embargo will be opened on Thursday 18.11.2019 maybe on 00:00 bit I think like all orher games between 2 PM and 6 PM (CET) and the review embargo maybe earlier. (I asked a friend of mine who wrotes reviews since 1999; he will tell me the embargo when he‘s home on his computer)
Do any of your reviewer friends have a review copy yet? Or do you know of any reviewer who does? Not asking you to name names or anything, just wanting to know if review copies have been dispersed yet or not.

Back