Shenmue 3 Real Install size revealed (PS4)

Do any of your reviewer friends have a review copy yet? Or do you know of any reviewer who does? Not asking you to name names or anything, just wanting to know if review copies have been dispersed yet or not.

My friend who writes reviews doesnt have a copy yet; but I think its because he‘s in holidays until 23. November.

I saw someone played it in my PS4 Friendslist but I dont know if he‘s a reviewer...

Lives in New Zealand or Australia

But I never know who‘s gonna have a copy allready :/ Sry for that

There's just no way some random dudes have copies but no media has a copy.

Sepehera seems like a great guy, but I can't see why he'd have a copy and a few major media outlets wouldn't.

Doesn't add up. I'm sure quite a few quality writers are spending a good amount of time with this game.

Sepehera seems like a great guy, but I can't see why he'd have a copy and a few major media outlets wouldn't.

Doesn't add up. I'm sure quite a few quality writers are spending a good amount of time with this game.
And if that's not the case then add proof and we will believe him. This is the spoilers forum, so...

This is great. More patches to fix any bugs that were found since going gold. Can help review scores a bit. Dont want anything like the WWE2K20 mess.
Saying patches = 14.5gb. We clearly know that's wrong as the packaging for the game says you need 28gb minimum for install. Plus we've seen the 1.01 patch download at around 1gb.

Otherwise good to know v 1.02 is alive and ready for us.

I am not a random guy in switzerland; worked about 12 years for Sony in Switzerland; I‘m new in the Streaming business but not new in the gaming business in switzerland... on most of the events I was; you meet new people from publishers; developers... make new friends; colaborations and then from time to time you get some copies from the games you wish....

we dont have that many reviewers in switzerland... must be about 3-5 ppl (every review site just got 1 copy) and the rest will be handed to sales ppl from Media Markt; World of Games etc.

So I am not here to get ppl angry or envious; I worked hard for all my presskits; press codes; promodiscs etc.

so I‘m sorry for everyone who is angry; jeleaus; envious... that was not my plan

so if you want to shut down this post; feel free! But its NOT my fault that I got an early copy...

I wanted to share some informations... thats all

I am not a random guy in switzerland; worked about 12 years for Sony in Switzerland; I‘m new in the Streaming business but not new in the gaming business in switzerland... on most of the events I was; you meet new people from publishers; developers... make new friends; colaborations and then from time to time you get some copies from the games you wish....

we dont have that many reviewers in switzerland... must be about 3-5 ppl (every review site just got 1 copy) and the rest will be handed to sales ppl from Media Markt; World of Games etc.

So I am not here to get ppl angry or envious; I worked hard for all my presskits; press codes; promodiscs etc.

so I‘m sorry for everyone who is angry; jeleaus; envious... that was not my plan

so if you want to shut down this post; feel free! But its NOT my fault that I got an early copy...

I wanted to share some informations... thats all
Dont worry. While we're all a little jealous you've got the the game I can see your intentions are sound. Some are just a bit tetchy and some in this community have a tendency to over-react

You've not come in here and tried to share game spoilers etc which would be a very different situation.

My suggestion is enjoy the forums. This will pass quickly and enjoy Shenmue III. Your thoughts (non-spoiler of course) are more than welcome.

Note for everyone in this topic.

Dont start jumping down peoples throats if they've got an early copy of the game. If you really dont like it then avoid this topic but we're not having new users being hustled away because they have a copy and you dont.

That said anything that's shared outside of embargo (no idea when that is but I'm sure we can work it out) from the main game that's not from official channel then it will be shut down.

Last edited:
I wonder if some people will play just the version without updates to see how different will be from 1.02

I just hope the Kickstarter backer stuff, like the guest book mesages, dice dudês, capsule toy's, etc, are all included on disk. I would be mad if we have to update the game to be able to see that stuff. I don't want to be dependant on a server to access something I paid quite a bit of money to get

Uhh, my point is of course some media have a copy of the game if Sephera has a copy. They didn’t press one early copy of the game and send it to him on a gold platter while forgetting to send one to Eurogamer/IGN/ or whoever.

Talk about an overreaction or a misunderstanding about my point. There was zero jealousy or malice in my posts.

I just hope the Kickstarter backer stuff, like the guest book mesages, dice dudês, capsule toy's, etc, are all included on disk. I would be mad if we have to update the game to be able to see that stuff. I don't want to be dependant on a server to access something I paid quite a bit of money to get
I'd imagine so with passcodes to unlock it.

If the embargo for streaming the game is release day (19th November), how likely is it that the embargo for reviews will be the same day? I guess the stream embargo might be to stop story spoilers and other spoilers, especially as some backers might want to avoid spoilers.

Uhh, my point is of course some media have a copy of the game if Sephera has a copy. They didn’t press one early copy of the game and send it to him on a gold platter while forgetting to send one to Eurogamer/IGN/ or whoever.

Talk about an overreaction or a misunderstanding about my point. There was zero jealousy or malice in my posts.

Maybe it was a bit wrong from me to use your quote... but its not only you who asked me things like that... I got a lot of messages; hate mails and stuff outside this forum... but since if shared my stuf in here with Joel (no worries mate) I get a lot ofbad messages

Maybe it was a bit wrong from me to use your quote... but its not only you who asked me things like that... I got a lot of messages; hate mails and stuff outside this forum... but since if shared my stuf in here with Joel (no worries mate) I get a lot ofbad messages
Fair enough. Theres some within this community who act somewhat entitled and have done across this whole process. Ignore them

@mjqjazzbar isn't one of them and theres likely been a misinterpretation across the board. Anyway no matter. Let's continue.

Could you at least tell us some details about things like....
Are there any sega branded gacha toys?

I didnt played it yet... I want to start the game on saturday or sunday because I'm not finished with Shenmue 2 yet.
So I have no information about the game

I didnt played it yet... I want to start the game on saturday or sunday because I'm not finished with Shenmue 2 yet.
So I have no information about the game

I'm really happy that you're going through the first two games before playing III. While there will be many industry insiders who will play III straight off the bat, your Shenmue III experience will be FAR superior than those people because you played the first two games. In order to really enjoy Shenmue III, it's imperative that you play the originals. Really looking forward to hearing what you have to say :blush:

Back