Shenmue 3 Sales

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dang it. I literally ordered from BestBuy two days ago and paid full price.

Also, isn’t it not a good sign if they’re already doing deep discounts?
Not necessarily since we knew about this black friday deal well before the game even launched. It's weird they started the BF promotions so damn early, but I think that's happening with a lot of retailers this time around.

Dang it. I literally ordered from BestBuy two days ago and paid full price.

Also, isn’t it not a good sign if they’re already doing deep discounts?

Best Buy is the only place I've seen doing this deal. It was advertised in their Black Friday ad before the game was even released. Best Buy is taking a loss selling it that low this early.

About Spain, more than 4000 people from here backed the game, thats double of what any Yakuza game sells here during the first month. Amazon Spain does not include any incentive to buy it, I bought it from Game since the Steelbook was there.

Also it is not truth that Xbox One is not existing here, far less consoles sold than PS4 and Switch, sure, but you can buy Xbox games literally anywhere. So, if Xbox flahgship titles sells better than Shenmue 3 in a retailer is totally normal.

Best Buy is the only place I've seen doing this deal. It was advertised in their Black Friday ad before the game was even released. Best Buy is taking a loss selling it that low this early.

If you go to Walmart and show them this then they will price match it.

If we knew the total Budget. not including kickstarter. It would give a better idea on what the sales figures need to be.

Does that include Shibuya and sony?
I think Shibuya sunk at least a few million, Sony I doubt contributed anything outside of promotion, the rest was Deep Silver. Even with the KS it wouldn't be a huge investment, especially since they took the EGS deal which if Control shows is a few million in advance.
There's still things to consider like how possible Shenmue follow ups will be though. It's likely the story could just as easily wrap up in VN or Manga format, even if its not exactly the option we're hoping for.

I think thats exactly around where it needs to sell to actually get a budget for the next game, I don't want a compromised vision made on little budget.

If Shenmue 3 sells even 250,000 copies, we will be getting a fully-fledged Shenmue IV, quite possibly with the backing of Sega. 500,000 is absolute dreamland numbers that would absolutely guarantee the future of the series.

Yakuza 0, which is by far the most popular in the series, sold 650,000 copies. That's after nearly 5 years, and one of the most established franchises in the genre with the backing of a powerhouse like Sega.

If Shenmue 3 sells even 250,000 copies, we will be getting a fully-fledged Shenmue IV, quite possibly with the backing of Sega. 500,000 is absolute dreamland numbers that would absolutely guarantee the future of the series.

Yakuza 0, which is by far the most popular in the series, sold 650,000 copies. That's after nearly 5 years, and one of the most established franchises in the genre with the backing of a powerhouse like Sega.
I'll be honest, I don't see Shenmue 3 selling a strong 200k. I want it so bad, but I just don't think it will. I sincerely hope I'm wrong.

Are we factoring in the success of DLC into these equations? We need to get on it if and when it comes!

Having said that I bought the season pass on PS4 just now. Does that rule me out buying them separately?

I asked Cedric about any insight on S4 and that the engine is in place and development would be much more efficient and he just liked my reply. I guess he won't say anything atm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back