Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

Not gonna lie... I literally don't know. 50/50 split it's real and it's fake. I would bet even Yu Suzuki doesn't know if it's real or fake at this point.

Bah, I am over it. I don't expect anything at TGS, but it's good to see some buzz being generated. Although it not making mainstream is a little worrying. Normally Shenmue scoops were a good click bait for some outlets.

Thinking AI = Proof it’s fake is off base here. It’s a way around paying for voice acting and sounded believable if it really was AI. Definitely the weirdest fake in a while either way.

Reactions: JP_
I guess if it's an early iteration of the trailer that's not supposed to be seen by the public, it's not unreasonable to think they might use AI as a stopgap until they can record actual VO. But overall, I'm still thinking it's fake. I don't personally believe that it being taken down is proof of anything. It's just another way for the hoaxer to make it seem more legitimate. Everyone's already downloaded it after all.

As others have said though, I do love the buzz that it's generated. Feels like old times!

maybe it will popup tonight at the rgg summit218.png

Not gonna lie... I literally don't know. 50/50 split it's real and it's fake. I would bet even Yu Suzuki doesn't know if it's real or fake at this point.

Bah, I am over it. I don't expect anything at TGS, but it's good to see some buzz being generated. Although it not making mainstream is a little worrying. Normally Shenmue scoops were a good click bait for some outlets.

While I am still on team fake, it’s still good this has generated a lot of discussions and reemergence of old posters like you.

It is odd it didn't make it to the mainstream gaming forums, Reddit, etc.

I think the file type might have made folks apprehensive, or maybe this guy was really careful where he posted it.

Troll or not, he sought out the Dojo.

It is odd it didn't make it to the mainstream gaming forums, Reddit, etc.

I think the file type might have made folks apprehensive, or maybe this guy was really careful where he posted it.

Troll or not, he sought out the Dojo.

I don't think it's that odd. Reddit is essentially the Wal-Mart of games and my Wal-Mart didn't even stock Shenmue 3.

Thinking AI = Proof it’s fake is off base here. It’s a way around paying for voice acting and sounded believable if it really was AI. Definitely the weirdest fake in a while either way.
So, the reason I would say that the voices being AI is a very strong indication the leak is fake is because of the description YS apparently gives for what's being shown:
ティーザー予告編 (Teaser Yokoku-hen)
I tend to think even YS's voice in the leak is AI generated, because 'Teaser Yokoku-hen' is mostly used for things like movies, anime. and Netflix TV show previews. Game previews these days usually go with "Teaser Trailer" (ティーザートレーラ), or "Announce Trailer" (アナウンストレイラー).

So, if it's basically meant to be an announcement trailer, it should be something in a state for general audience consumption, that would be publicly viewed by a global audience. AI generated dialogue with noticeable language/continuity errors wouldn't be that. The YS voice in the audio also sets it up as a "review," so would potentially imply this audio would have to be captured during an internal meeting, or at least a meeting with parties involved in production, for something that's in a state to move through final approval, or being checked for readiness for final approval.

Personally, I believe OP wants people to think that it was part of a market research viewing panel, because that's about the only plausible way an unintended leak like this might happen.

So, the reason I would say that the voices being AI is a very strong indication the leak is fake is because of the description YS apparently gives for what's being shown:
ティーザー予告編 (Teaser Yokoku-hen)
I tend to think even YS's voice in the leak is AI generated, because 'Teaser Yokoku-hen' is mostly used for things like movies, anime. and Netflix TV show previews. Game previews these days usually go with "Teaser Trailer" (ティーザートレーラ), or "Announce Trailer" (アナウンストレイラー).

So, if it's basically meant to be an announcement trailer, it should be something in a state for general audience consumption, that would be publicly viewed by a global audience. AI generated dialogue with noticeable language/continuity errors wouldn't be that. The YS voice in the audio also sets it up as a "review," so would potentially imply this audio would have to be captured during an internal meeting, or at least a meeting with parties involved in production, for something that's in a state to move through final approval, or being checked for readiness for final approval.

Personally, I believe OP wants people to think that it was part of a market research viewing panel, because that's about the only plausible way an unintended leak like this might happen.
if ys voice is also ai generated that's scary because it sounds just like him, also i hear teaser and debut in English but i dont know if its normal or if he didnt say that

if ys voice is also ai generated that's scary because it sounds just like him, also i hear teaser and debut in English but i dont know if its normal or if he didnt say that
He does say "Teaser" and "Review." They're loan-words from English used in specific contexts in Japanese. Not very commonly used outside of some particular arenas.

The voice does sound a lot like Yu's, but I'm fairly confident an AI could be trained to sound like that. For one thing, the pitch of his voice sounds like it gets a little bit deeper later into the sentences he has at the beginning and the end. One other thing that makes me think it could be AI is that it kind of sounds more like what Yu's voice sounded like 10-20 years ago. Most of the time when I listen to him talking in more recent interviews from the past five years or so, it's a lot softer, and he doesn't enunciate the same way.

The Tweet was taken down by the person who posted it, who also deleted their account afterward. Had it been the result of a DMCA takedown, it would say as much (plus, Twitter would only have removed the Tweet, not the entire account). The Mega link also appears to have been voluntarily removed, as it usually takes a while to get stuff forcibly taken down from there.

I suppose it’s possible that YS Net figured out who leaked the audio and demanded that they take it down, but it seems much more likely that the hoaxer just realized that nobody was buying into their ruse and decided to take it down in the hopes that people would assume it had been removed due to a DMCA takedown request.

"During the exhibition period, there will also be a talk show and live broadcast by the creator of this work, Yutaka Suzuki! looking forward to!"

From the same AIr Twister post translated. So, I'm assuming someone else will be playing the game while he talks.

"During the exhibition period, there will also be a talk show and live broadcast by the creator of this work, Yutaka Suzuki! looking forward to!"

From the same AIr Twister post translated. So, I'm assuming someone else will be playing the game while he talks.
I heard it will be Esra Krabbe from IGN Japan. Not surprising, really, given his relationship with Yu.

Reactions: JP_
If this audio leak was really a fake; the leaker would have to be someone very knowledgeable on Shenmue.
From what I recall hearing from the audio file the leaker would have to know that Ryo; Shenhua and Ren are the main characters moving forward in the story of the series ( This one would be fairly easy know by watching footage from Shenmue 3 in case the leaker would be someone who is not a Shenmue fan).
Another reason why I believe this leaker would have to be someone that knows a lot about Shenmue is the fact that during the audio clip we could definitely hear the soundeffects of a TRAIN moving on Rails followed by the sound of a QTE. This means that the leaker would have to know about the Virtua Fighter RPG concept art chapters or know of the existence of the Project Berkeley Trailer.
Finally we also hear in the audio clip the mentioning of Tentei by the unknown character who supposedly has been theorised by fans of the series to be the Mastermind and Leader of Chiyoumen that's behind the whole story of Shenmue.

The situation is weird. It feels fake but why should anyone go that extra mile to fake such things? Shenmue is only valuable to a small hardcore fan community. It is not a big media phenomenon.

Faking stuff about Shenmue is not the best way to get internet fame.

Or maybe the fact that Shenmue is so popular was the reason why the faker chose our beloved series.

he maybe expects just a small outrage from the Shenmue community when everything turns out to be fake.

In case Shenmue 4 is a work in progress I doubt the people who are aware of it would care about internet fame.

Most of these fakers are children or adult people with the brain of a child doing such things.

People who have access to such valuable information are already older in most cases and have a life. They would never risk losing their job just for some short-lived internet fame.

That's where I'm more vexed, if I'm honest. Most of us here on the Dojo have been fans for years upon years.

I'd wager most of us are adults now and it strikes me as weird that anyone of our age group would decide to troll the community, if it's a fake.

And I just don't really see some random kid deciding it'd be fun to dick around with a community of a game like Shenmue. Stranger things have happened.

We need these guys, lol 71BAHYr16lS._AC_UF894,1000_QL80_.jpg

Back