Shenmue 4 leak audio review trailer

That's where I'm more vexed, if I'm honest. Most of us here on the Dojo have been fans for years upon years.

I'd wager most of us are adults now and it strikes me as weird that anyone of our age group would decide to troll the community, if it's a fake.

And I just don't really see some random kid deciding it'd be fun to dick around with a community of a game like Shenmue. Stranger things have happened.

We need these guys, lol View attachment 18818
What are they, some kind of TV detective or something

Damn, I stop visiting for a few days and this happens! I missed the leak but I would be very doubtful because of how Lan Di was apparently pronounced by Ryo.

You honestly have to question what kind of kick someone would get from seeing us squirm over this but there are some sick puppies out there.

We know that the use of AI has been on Yu Suzuki's mind, as it was his "keyword" for 2023 in Famitsu. Specifically, "light AI" or as Switch noted in his translation, "light refers to not being overly heavy or complicated."

In this article, he seems to focus more on the visual/image generation aspects of AI, but anyone who is keeping an eye on developments knows that the use of AI is making rapid leaps and bounds in every direction. It seems logical that Yu Suzuki would be aware of its use for voice generation.

My thoughts turned to using it to mitigate the expense of voice actors for every minor NPC. I wouldn't expect it to be used for main characters, but... why not use it for pre-production to test out the timing of cinematics before bringing in the professional voice actors to do their lines in production?

To fabricate this recording would be a significant project of its own. The creator would have to know several details of the story that haven't been revealed in-game yet and are not widely known outside of the fanbase. Although, significantly, there is nothing within it that the most dedicated fans did not already know about. But there are some scenes, such as the little exchange with Shenhua, which would have to be imagined and scripted. There are certain sounds and intonations that aren't like anything I've heard in AI voice generation so far... but tools are being released almost daily so I certainly am not aware of everything that's out there.

Ultimately if we look at it as a fabrication, it is one that would have taken several days of planning and execution... not impossible by any means, but it's difficult to see the excitement of a fairly small community being enough of a motivation to dedicate the time to it. If someone wanted to get a rise out of people online, there are definitely topics with much bigger audiences to pursue. Maybe someone in this community who is super bored and isn't already channeling their energies into a more productive project..?

On the other hand, if it was really secretly recorded and leaked, who would risk such a thing? YsNet is a small developer and I can't imagine anyone there risking their job to do such a thing.

I also don't believe a professional partner being shown this as part of a presentation would jeopardize their relationship by leaking the audio.

How about a layperson who just happened to be part of a focus group of some sort? Well, how likely is it that they would already be aware of Shenmue and know of the Dojo? Not impossible, but not likely. (Anecdotally, I was once part of a survey and was shown trailers for unannounced movies, and I had never heard of any of them. I also had no impulse to do subsequent research to see if there was a fanbase out there hungry for information on any of them.) Furthermore, would Yu Suzuki himself really be directly involved in presenting a video for market research?

Lastly, there is the possibility that some have mentioned that this is legit, and it was "leaked" by YsNet themselves as a little get-ya-hyped to this specific community before they could officially announce anything. I mean... they've never done anything of the sort before, is all I can say about that.

like i said to @shadowreaper in pm. I have a theory about it. Maybe it was intentionally leaked by a publisher to see how much attention Shenmue could get. I hope it's not the case because if it was, it would be a shame since no one seems to have paid attention to this 'leak'.

like i said to @shadowreaper in pm. I have a theory about it. Maybe it was intentionally leaked by a publisher to see how much attention Shenmue could get. I hope it's not the case because if it was, it would be a shame since no one seems to have paid attention to this 'leak'.
I believe there was not enough time to spread out. From what i've seen it only circulated mainly here in the Dojo until it was deleted.
Don't know if there is any interest in the Dojo staff members to make a video about it or not.

It sounds like someone is typing at the start of the audio , like someone taking minutes?

I don't know man. It would take a lot of effort to fake this. I just don't know. Could it also potentially be anime casting ?

It begs the question why the 'leaker' didn't post this elsewhere. Posting on Twitter is no guarantee of being noticed because of the sheer amount of stuff getting posted.

It sounds like someone is typing at the start of the audio , like someone taking minutes?

I don't know man. It would take a lot of effort to fake this. I just don't know. Could it also potentially be anime casting ?
That thought has also crossed my mind; the voices sounded more anime to me; but I don't think it is the case because if we listen carefully we can here the QTE and other soundeffects in the audio.

Mind the fact that YS said in his development about Light AI that he was interested in "bugs" and that those could be "funny". Now, just speculation but what if these pronunciation mistakes its exactly a form of new gameplay? Ryo or other characters adapting to a new language or even a dialect? The more you speak to NPCs/train the AI, the better we get at understanding and be understand by others (FFX albhed pops in my head as old example)

It's hard to spread the news of the leak since it was posted on a Filez site. That alone is off-putting. I almost didn't want to click it.

Need to get it in front of a larger audience than ours, though. It was posted to *-chan as well, where rumors typically spread, but didn't go too far.

It's hard to spread the news of the leak since it was posted on a Filez site. That alone is off-putting. I almost didn't want to click it.

Need to get it in front of a larger audience than ours, though. It was posted to *-chan as well, where rumors typically spread, but didn't go too far.
This is a key fact imo. Number the differences with other leaks like GTA6 and maybe we can get a better vision about the matter.
1. Rockstar stepped out about it and confirmed there was a leak (in 4chan iirc)

Back