Shenmue EU Limited Edition Announced!

ShenSun

Site Staff
Just came across this on twitter.

As the holiday season approaches, @SEGA_Europe Pix'n Love offers a limited collector's edition for the #Shenmue 1 & 2 game! ? the game PS4/One + cardboard box + the Art of Shenmue + 4 cards! Opening of Preorders: Wednesday, October 3 at noon

Dobh6yxXkAANeRB.jpg:large

DogjM5kWsAAlelE.jpg:large

Last edited:
Looks cool, but unfortunately no English version and limited to a couple hundred copies.

I wish SEGA would just do a proper collector's edition outside of Japan, not this outsourced super-limited run sort of thing.

Not biting this time lol I already got the Japanese version preordered...

I'll see if money allows for it.

The artbook looks good though but not sure if I can justify ontop of my jp copy

reminds me, i still need to preorder a Japanese collectors edition from Play Asia.

Same. It looks alright but the Japanese Official CE is the only real one I feel like dropping my money on. If there was an English version of this, then maybe, but I have no interest in a French version. Cool for French fans though, and they have been very loyal to the franchise over the years so it's good they can get this.

source? Where I can pre-order? https://www.editionspixnlove.com/ shows no pre-order page so far.
Live 12pm weds European time.

11am UK time

On a side note, looks like Dreamcast: Collected Works is still on track for this year :) , glad I backed this one: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/darrenwall/sega-dreamcast-collected-works/comments

I'm really looking forward to this. So much so I have created a topic for gaming books/collections as I imagine more on here may have backed that book. https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?threads/video-games-books-collections.642/

Last edited:
Yeah seriously - back in the day when I didn't have rent or bills to pay I'd have jumped at it, but the Japanese version with the OST is enough for me, thanks :p

I backed that, too! I also got Mega Drive/Genesis: Collected Works and still enjoy picking it up and reading through it from time to time.

Wow, for that price I'm tempted to get a copy and sell off everything but the artbook!

EDIT: Hmm, the preview photos of the artbook make it seem like it's mostly screenshots. On second thought, Dreamcast Collected Works and the artbook that will come with Shenmue III should scratch my itch.

thanks. :) no plans for the english version so far. source: twiiter
Yeah I saw that. It's a shame though the blow is softened by the fact I've got a JP collectors edition coming and finances won't allow both lol.

If it's not sold out I may see if I can get it for Xmas lol

The only thing making me not buying it is the French, I can read French at a basic level, but prefer English for this kind of stuff. Also Japanese version preorderer so I can not keep buying Shenmue stuff all the time if I want to pay the rent

It's well-priced, but I feel it's better suited to people who
a) have a PS4 or Xbox One
b) don't have a copy of the game already
c) haven't pre-ordered Dreamcast: Collected Works that will have concept art for Shenmue
and d) haven't pre-ordered Shenmue III with its artbook that will reportedly have concept art for all 3 games

:p

Of course I broke and got it. But just one copy though. Also have the stand and mousepad versions from Japan. The poster and gift card just doesn't appeal to me.

Back