Shenmue EU Limited Edition Announced!

Of course I broke and got it. But just one copy though. Also have the stand and mousepad versions from Japan. The poster and gift card just doesn't appeal to me.
I'm resisting... for now. See how long I last lol.

that book looks good and 80 pages of illustrations, screenshots and some informations seems nice
but i cant read or understand french and i already have two PS4 versions here (one sealed, one for playing)
and i pre ordered the japanese CE. i dont need four copies.
they should release the artbook as a single piece in english for like 15-20€. i would buy that.

this could have been a really great official CE by Sega - combine the japanese CE with the french CE ... now its too late.

Well, the debate is that despite being in French, it's an "artbook", with the theory that Shenmue art transcends language, which is fair enough and I am satisfied with that.

Plus, I kind of need it, for something I am working on. Albeit very slowly.

I guess Sega saw the sales in France and Pix N' Love maybe approached them about it, as well. Definitely get the impression that France has the most Shenmue fans per capita. I once brought it up randomly to some guy in Bordeaux in 2008/9 and his eyes lit up as he was a fan, too.

Where did this come from, I just saw it on ebay for £200+

50 Euro for the game with a little artbook... No Thanks, I'll stick with my order for the Japanese SE.

Though, I'd welcome a Dark Horse Hardbacked Artbook on Shenmue anyday!

Art book looks nice but probably not enough to warrant me purchasing this game again.

I do also wish they'd taken a bit more time with the overall design of the package. This kind of reminds me of those budget-edition platinum/essentials re-runs of games you sometimes see (evoking quite the opposite feeling a 'special' edition should).
51kOVLKFONL._SY445_.jpg

I'm happy sticking with my Japanese CE; even if it's sans art book.

The description on the site says they went with that colour scheme specifically as it's "eighties".

EDIT: "Une boîte en carton avec couleur pantone rappelant l’esprit des années 1980/1990."

=

"Cardboard box/case in pantone (colour) for that 80s/90s vibe"

Last edited:
Damn

Not directly related but the Dreamcast book won't be shipped until after Christmas.

So what are the chances either this or the Japanese versions will be released as already patched versions?

Is this an unrealistic expectation or could it happen?

So what are the chances either this or the Japanese versions will be released as already patched versions?

Is this an unrealistic expectation or could it happen?

As far as I understand, Pix'n Love includes the regular release that’s also available in shops since August.

For the Japanese version, it’s planned to release it patched. From the Google-translated recent 4Gamer interview (Japanese):

4 Gamer :
In the overseas version that is being sold ahead of time, there was a voice saying "There are many problems" at the beginning of the release. What is going on with the domestic version?

Mr. Kasahara :
Although there were many problems, the bug is developing with the stance that as long as the time allows, I will fix what I found . So, I think that there are few bugs in the Japanese version compared to the overseas version, SEGA Europe tenaciously sticks hard, overseas version also distributes the patch to deal with bugfixes.

But note that the Japanese release will only have Japanese audio/subtitles.

that book looks good and 80 pages of illustrations, screenshots and some informations seems nice
but i cant read or understand french and i already have two PS4 versions here (one sealed, one for playing)
and i pre ordered the japanese CE. i dont need four copies.
they should release the artbook as a single piece in english for like 15-20€. i would buy that.

this could have been a really great official CE by Sega - combine the japanese CE with the french CE ... now its too late.

The game in this release has English audio and subtitles, so if you're still a fan of the artbook despite its French text then there are no language issues preventing you from buying this. Of course the financial implication of already owning three copies is another matter. :tongueout:

As far as I understand, Pix'n Love includes the regular release that’s also available in shops since August.

For the Japanese version, it’s planned to release it patched. From the Google-translated recent 4Gamer interview (Japanese):

But note that the Japanese release will only have Japanese audio/subtitles.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

I was hoping the Japanese release would have the option of English subtitles (as I play them with Japanese audio anyway), so that’s slightly disappointing. Completely expected though. Won’t be cancelling my pre-order for the CE regardless so not a real issue.

It would be good if Sega reprinted a patched western version once all the bugs are worked out but somewhat unlikely going by what I’ve read on the forum.

Thanks for the info, much appreciated.

It would be good if Sega reprinted a patched western version once all the bugs are worked out but somewhat unlikely going by what I’ve read on the forum.

That will come down to if there's a sales demand for a reprint or not. Hopefully so.

Meanwhile, I'm here helplessly hoping for a physical pc release :p

Back