Shenmue I and II now on Xbox Game Pass!

Such awesome news! The more people who have access to S1 & S2 the better it will be for S3! Hopefully Sony follow suit and stick it on PS Plus in one of the months leading up to November. Would be the perfect way for people to jump in!

So much news, I'm losing my mind!!! :D

Just heard the news and did a fist pump! Great exposure for the games - I don't mean to bring up any Shenmue 3/Xbox One expectations but it does highlight once again the missed potential should they not bring Xboxers in on S3.

Yeah. I'm still possibly very deluded (stupidly hopeful) and convinced they will announce it for Xbox. I know I know Deep Silver keep saying no.... But why actually say anything. Again, no PLANNED version doesn't mean that the UNPLANNED version doesn"t exist.

The delay for Shenmue 3 wasn't exactly planned was it? It was unplanned. And maybe it was a last minute delay to make the port happen.

Xbox Game Pass for PC launched today and it also includes Shenmue I & II. First month seems to be £1 and then it goes up to £4. Incredible value.

This is great news, they’ve used great artwork as well to add intrigue to the player. Really hope we can access the download data to see how many picked it up from Game Pass.

Does the PC Game Pass still allow mod support like Steam, or it that a totally different system?

I've not tried the W10 version of Shenmue 1&2 just yet but from my understanding: all apps through the W10 store are typically contained the same way as modern W10 apps are (through UWP, pictured below via Wargroove on gamepass).

It allows for some flexibility with resizing and stuff, but it is essentially a form of DRM with all game data encrypted: so you wouldn't be experience all the benefits of modding.

Saying that: it will sync save file and achievement progress with the Xbox One version. I don't think it's cross-buy though.

Saying that: it will sync save file and achievement progress with the Xbox One version. I don't think it's cross-buy though.

For Shenmue I & II that is not the case. It didn't pull any save files from my Xbox One playthroughs and also it has its own achievement list, where both games are combined.

By the way I must be among the first people overall to get all the achievements in this, completed it yesterday already.

For Shenmue I & II that is not the case. It didn't pull any save files from my Xbox One playthroughs and also it has its own achievement list, where both games are combined.

By the way I must be among the first people overall to get all the achievements in this, completed it yesterday already.

Very interesting, that usually isn't the case and the store tags it showed made it appear like it would've synced, thanks for the clarification!

I'm actually kinda glad about this actually, it incentivises yet another playthrough + my goal of getting all the Shenmue-related achievements/trophies across all platforms one day.

Saying that: I don't know if my laptop will actually run it haha, it should do hopefully. I don't actually have the gamepass sub that allows me to play the PC titles, just the Xbox One titles.

Back