Shenmue I Re-Release 16:9 Cutscenes Fix

By the way, reading back on this topic I got the impression that you had this working fine on 21:9.

Was it just for Shenmue I?
Yep Shenmue 1 had the exact same issue the 39 8E E3 3F swap to 8E E3 18 40 or 39 8E 63 40 fixed it perfectly there. The cutscenes were 21:9 and the UI was 21:9 also

Shenmue 2 has the same 39 8E E3 3F value but when I change the values to either of the above the UI is still messed up.

Your latest post
Find pattern.: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC C7 01 00 00 00 00
Replace with: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC C7 01 01 00 00 00

combined with the new Shenmue I & II 16:9 Generic Hex Fix have at least made the controls visable now it still repeats but at least I can see what buttons to press. this makes it playable. Thanks

Shenmue2_Workable.png

Yep Shenmue 1 had the exact same issue the 39 8E E3 3F swap to 8E E3 18 40 or 39 8E 63 40 fixed it perfectly there. The cutscenes were 21:9 and the UI was 21:9 also

Shenmue 2 has the same 39 8E E3 3F value but when I change the values to either of the above the UI is still messed up.

Your latest post
Find pattern.: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC C7 01 00 00 00 00
Replace with: CC CC CC CC CC CC CC C7 01 01 00 00 00

combined with the new Shenmue I & II 16:9 Generic Hex Fix have at least made the controls visable now it still repeats but at least I can see what buttons to press. this makes it playable. Thanks

Shenmue2_Workable.png
To be honest, I didn't have ultrawide in mind when I was trying to get the full vertical image, nice to see that it had this unintended, but positive, side-effect. Also, I wasn't aware that Shenmue I played the cutscenes in 21:9 on ultrawide displays. It's a shame that I don't have such a display, but at the same time it's a blessing that I don't have to battle between a temptation to play in UHD and the headaches that comes with it while attempting to play non-optimized games like this.

Hi, are you working on a fix for the new patch that has released D3T?

From last page:

Shenmue I & II 16:9 Generic Hex Fix

rk9JkrX.png

O308Nk5.png

This is an updated version of my previous permanent patchers and they're now:
  • Compatible with v1.00 and v1.01.
  • Shenmue.exe / Shenmue2.exe are automatically located if installed into the default Steam location.
  • Rebuilt to be more futureproof which should be compatible with the upcoming v1.02 and beyond.
Instructions :
  • Download the zip from this link, extract it to any folder.
  • Run Shenmue-GHexFix.exe / Shenmue2-GHexFix.exe and click Patch.
  • Locate Shenmue.exe / Shenmue2.exe if asked to.
  • Done.

Seems like the new patch broke all widescreens fixes. I tried nero's and masterchan's. Neither work.
Note: Im on beta 2.
Note 2: Masterchan patch still works on Shenmue 2 for me. Not Shenmue 1. Bizzare.

I've updated the Generic Hex Fix to be compatible with Shenmue v2 Beta update, I'm just doing some final tests and I'll upload it very shortly.

Shenmue I & II 16:9 Generic Hex Fix v2

osCnk5y.png

VphAB1k.png

This is an updated version of my previous generic patcher.

Changelog :
  • Added compatibility with Shenmue v2.00.
  • Improved checks to ensure a safer patching process (for v2.00).

Features :
  • Compatible with v1.00, v1.01 and v2.00.
  • Shenmue.exe / Shenmue2.exe are automatically located if installed into the default Steam location.
Instructions :
  • Done.

Last edited:
The new bat for Shenmue 2 is causing odd graphical glitches and crashing when opening the menu on the V2 beta for me, not present without the widescreen fix. Haven't tried Shenmue 1.
Did you try masterchan's s2 patch? Its old but it works fine on v2 for me. Just checked the menu and i dont see no issues.

Edit: Seems like theres a new patch by masterchan. Will test in a bit

The new bat for Shenmue 2 is causing odd graphical glitches and crashing when opening the menu on the V2 beta for me, not present without the widescreen fix. Haven't tried Shenmue 1.
My bad! This is probably due to the experimental full-screen cut-scenes patch which I included by default without proper testing, I've switched that to optional by default since it causes issues and for all intents and purposes is experimental. Latest version here: https://www.shenmuedojo.com/forum/index.php?posts/10013/

Shenmue II fullscreen cut-scene demo at 1:43

Last edited:
Shenmue I & II 16:9 Generic Hex Fix v2

osCnk5y.png

VphAB1k.png

This is an updated version of my previous generic patcher.

Changelog :
  • Added compatibility with Shenmue v2.00.
  • Improved checks to ensure a safer patching process (for v2.00).

Features :
  • Compatible with v1.00, v1.01 and v2.00.
Instructions :
  • Done.
Edit: Huh, it says it didn't apply but it did

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Back