Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

Have any of your fine people beaten Gold Tiger? That dude is so fucking difficult!

Yeah I have. Spent the whole day training, bought both move scrolls from the shop and levelled all my moves up to 10. Can't remember my Kung-Fu rank but I think it was 9 with Attack on 4 and Stamina on 5. I used Master Elbow Assault mostly whilst stepping back and then doing the Leg Sweep whilst he was grounded. It worked!

Here's a video of me beating Gold Tiger.

Dudes, just finished the demo twice now.
I got to say some things and this is not nostalgia speaking.

By today standards, the game looks and feels very refined already.
Graphics are beautiful.
Ryo's movement is very responsive.
Ryo can run through the grass, flowers and bushes, and they will move aside (I love that detail).
The fighting surprised me a lot. You won't miss the throw moves at all. I know I didn't!
It changes a lot as you progress and increase Ryo's levels of power and stamina!
It becomes way more impactfull.
After fighting for a good hour nonstop, I can tell that I actually like this fighting even more than the one in shenmue 1 and 2, because the the way you block and attack is way more important. It actually feels like you have a strategy now. Timing is key.
The spar is also very fun. Triggering some QTE's with the atack you have chosen to practice. It feels very rewarding!!
You can sense the arcadiness of the qte's hahah God Bless Yu Suzuki ^^

The training mini games also change quite a bit as you level up! Wonder what happens when you reach the max! ^^

I got to say one thing regarding the facial expressions.
They look very very good. Even in normal conversations with random npcs, Ryo emotes very nice and so do the npcs!
I think it gives an extra layer of imersion I think. Ryo expresses tons of emotions. It's so funny when some womanc was talking about him marrying Shenhua and you could see the look of weirdness in his face hahaha so good.

And that's another thing. the dialougue!! Its soooo cool!. Even in the Demo! Imagine the full game OMG!

This is just a demo. And surpassed all my expectations. I couldn't be happier.
To anyone who chose not to play the demo. I garantee you, you will LOVE IT!

You will love this game. period.

Does anyone have the clips of that person trying to hook Ryo and Shenhua up?

Also clips of it raining? Thanks!

Btw if you people want to increase draw distance:
C/User/YOURNAME/AppData/Local/Shenmue3/SavedDemo/Config/WindowsNoEditor folder. You have a GameUserSettings.ini file. Open it. And in the "sg.ViewDistanceQuality=" replace the number with 4.
Save and there it is.
Although it can have a big performance hit depending on your hardware.

Btw if you people want to increase draw distance:
C/User/YOURNAME/AppData/Local/Shenmue3/SavedDemo/Config/WindowsNoEditor folder. You have a GameUserSettings.ini file. Open it. And in the "sg.ViewDistanceQuality=" replace the number with 4.
Save and there it is.
Although it can have a big performance hit depending on your hardware.

Lol what's the point, the draw distance is already like 10k ft. Seriously I saw a eagle in the trial, and it was way up there.

Stream stuff packed away and i dont know what life is anymore.

Have 2 beers left, so think i will just sit for a while and hang in here, old skool Dojo style.

Shenmue III. Yea it has some warranted criticisms, but fuck me, when you take the past 18 year journey into account i mean, is this real? We made it, and the demo as a whole, within proper context has rendered me speechless.

Lol what's the point, the draw distance is already like 10k ft. Seriously I saw a eagle in the trial, and it was way up there.

It's far lower than you imagine in fact.

As far as I'm concerned, I'm pretty satisfied with the game as it is.

Although there's 2 or 3 things I reaaaally hope they fix. Not only I feel like it's important in term of polish and experience... But those are also things that would cost litterally close to nothing in term of budget:
- Remove the cross hair in first person
- Remove or make optional the red circles around items

And most importantly:
- Make a real title screen. This one... Cant be the final one. It just cant.

Oh for sure, gotta get those ball physics right :ROFLMAO:

Sorry, that's just me being really immature. But you know, if Shenhua's earlobes can have physics, then so can Ryo's testicals.

I laughed

I ran into an instance where the ball got stuck lol :p
The good thing is, they planned that possibility. If it happens, you just redo it.

Interesting. Haven’t had that issue yet.

Good news is the demo has received high praise by literally everyone. Even I'm shocked at the reception. It was a great 1hr session and I can't wait till the full game

The only problem I had was the camera angle when running and the cross hair when you zoom in. All easily fixable.

The last 24 hours have been insane. God help us come November 19th.

Back