Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

Okay, data mining...no thank you! Have fun for those who are keen but I've seen enough...I don't want to know anymore. From here on out. I'm going blind on media.

Thanks for moving all talk of that over there though.

Now we gotta tread carefully for two months to avoid being spoiled. Good luck to us!

SHENMUE DOJO STREAMING PLANS

@Peter will be streaming the Shenmue III backer trial TODAY (Friday) at 12pm - 4pm and 8pm - 10pm (all times in BST) on Twitch, YouTube, Facebook, and Twitter. Hope to see you all there!

Twitch
YouTube
Facebook
Twitter

----------

Hey everybody. As we're getting really close to the Shenmue III backer trial launching, I thought it would be a good idea to start a dedicated discussion thread for it here in the spoilers section of the forum. It's partly to keep discussion from sprawling over multiple threads (speculation, tech support, screens & video, tips & tricks, etc), and partly to make sure we're all getting into the habit of using the spoiler forum as the full release approaches.

I'll be keeping this OP updated as news breaks, and once the demo is released it should hopefully become an FAQ of sorts.

DEMO WHEN?

Out NOW!

DEMO HOW?

Via the Epic Games Store, and through a code redemption scheme.

I'd recommend people who will be playing the backer trial set up their EGS account sooner rather than later, just so there's less of a panic if you have trouble with it come trial launch day. Plus there's some free games initiative happening right now, I think.

CODE EXCHANGE (updated regularly)

Basic rules:
  • Only give your code away if you're absolutely sure you don't want it or can't use it. Once it's gone, it's gone.
  • Don't ask for a code if you're not absolutely sure you can use it (i.e, please make sure your PC is up to the minimum specs).
  • Don't try and sell your codes here. What you do elsewhere is your business, but this is to put the codes into the hands of other fans.
  • Be responsible and respectful when asking for codes.

MEMBERS GIVING CODES
@Vivi-gamer (*paired)
@shredingskin (**paired)
@OldFarT(***paired)
@hyo_razuki (****paired)
@Truck_1_0_1_ (*****paired)
@iyapol (******paired)
@Tallgeese (*******paired)
@Martin Schuster (********paired)
@Sh3ppy

MEMBERS WANTING CODES
@Van Joel Sandwich (*paired)
@Esppiral (**paired)
@RetroLord120(***paired)
@Real1(****paired)
@Masterpouret (*****paired)
@DJMH (******paired)
@GYO6161 (*******paired)
@Gustavo Divaldo (********paired)
@CaCHooKa Man
@celsowm
@DClav
@ValoniMahoni
@Jigen
@jasonorme666
@ItzzDanny
Hi,

I just now received my code for the trial version, but I personally can't play it because my laptop doesn't have sufficient power to deal with the game.

So,what I would like is to give my code to a Shenmue fan that would not have the access to the trial version, and the only thing I ask for would be:

- You have to be a real fan of Shenmue, not just a curious person that will only look out for the flaws of the game
- You should put up a live stream on YouTube... And make sure you let me have the link to see it
- You shall upload the experience, as well as another try or two, doing things differently... Again uploading to YouTube and making sure you let me have the link to see it

So you enjoy, and I'm just asking to see the gameplay on return

Let me know if you're interested.

Hi,

I just now received my code for the trial version, but I personally can't play it because my laptop doesn't have sufficient power to deal with the game.

So,what I would like is to give my code to a Shenmue fan that would not have the access to the trial version, and the only thing I ask for would be:

- You have to be a real fan of Shenmue, not just a curious person that will only look out for the flaws of the game
- You should put up a live stream on YouTube... And make sure you let me have the link to see it
- You shall upload the experience, as well as another try or two, doing things differently... Again uploading to YouTube and making sure you let me have the link to see it

So you enjoy, and I'm just asking to see the gameplay on return

Let me know if you're interested.
Can I have the code please im a true Shenmue fan have been since 18years and im a twitch streamer/youtuber aswell so I would appreciate if you gived me the code thank you

This is a milestone to us all my friends!!
The long road is coming to and end and I couldn't be happier right now.
The game is looking and feeling way better than my expectations.
Enjoy this Demo the best you can. Less than 2 months for the most wanted game of all time to be made available.

Thanks to @Vivi-gamer for the sweet code.
Gonna play the heck out of this demo as soon as I come home from work tonight!!
See you on the other side of the demo!

Lets Celebrate!!!!!

IMAG1471.jpg

I gave it a shot on my son's laptop knowing it's not for gaming. This just further cemented that. It loaded but was super laggy and did not look good. Oh well. I'll wait till release and I will try to refrain from seeing footage.

Ive not watched any vids, just looking at some of those juicy pics. Its looking so good, so funny to compare it to the E3 reveal vid to see just how far the game has come along. Glad to hear people are warming to the combat as well, as that's one of the few concerns I even have with the game at this point.

Okay so... Am I the only one experiencing the menu glitch? If I open settings during gameplay (not titlescreen) and use the RT trigger to change pages a few times, it is impossible for me to get out of the settings menu after. Can anyone confirm if this is a glitch on all systems or just mine?

(Also, why can't I highlight the "Change Clothes" option despite picking up a shirt at the store?)

I have to wait until Sunday, just one question: The game settings can be set before launching the demo or in game?

Here is something a little crazy.
Shenmue III at 8K
8k_2.jpg

8k_3.jpg

I tried ultra wide too but sadly, i get black borders on the side.

I’ve already given a code to Ceej and I’ve decided that I’ll give up my second code as well. I have a Mac, and I can't be bothered with the hassle of setting up a dual boot.

So if one of the site staff/mods lets me know who to send the code to I'll send it via PM.

Back