Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

Can we just do a quick heads up on who has given codes to who and who is waiting on them?

So I should just PM the top of the list?

The second one, please !!!

por+favorzinho.jpg

Okay so... Am I the only one experiencing the menu glitch? If I open settings during gameplay (not titlescreen) and use the RT trigger to change pages a few times, it is impossible for me to get out of the settings menu after. Can anyone confirm if this is a glitch on all systems or just mine?

(Also, why can't I highlight the "Change Clothes" option despite picking up a shirt at the store?)

You could send them an email reporting this bug. That's what I would do personaly.

The more I play, the more I like the combat system. It really is all about knowing when to strike, rather than how to. Even in AT it's very satisfying.

Question: is there an option for inverted controls? Yeah, call me crazy, idc, inverted is the only way I can play

:love: I'm downloading the trial now, but will have to wait until tomorrow for a GPU to show up.

I just want to center Ryo on the screen. If there's no option for that it can be modded

Well, just finished my first playthrough. I was a little worried about how my PC was going to handle it, since I run an older AMD 8350 core, but the game defaulted to very high in the settings and honestly I never experienced any major problems. Seemed to be a second or two of slowdown when I visited a new area for the first time but that's negligible. All things considered Shenmue 3 has great optimisation on the PC, which really surprised me, Japanese devs don't always have a great handle on PC hardware. Yu Suzuki certainly has a great team behind him.

Beyond that, I still need to collect my thoughts. A second and third playthrough later in the day probably won't hurt either. So much to do, even in the limited area available in the trial I still feel as though I only scratched the surface in terms of potential gameplay avenues. A few quick thoughts though:

Turtle Racing is an oddly compelling minigame. Reminds me of Chao Racing from Sonic Adventure, weirdly enough.

I'm ashamed to say that I got my ass kicked by the bookie, twice. But that's what I get for neglecting my training and relying on the new combat drinks. Next playthough will be different...

Also, liquorice is a herb? I had no idea. I'll never look at the candy the same way again.

Last edited:
You could send them an email reporting this bug. That's what I would do personaly.

That's what I plan to... But am I really the only one experiencing it? If so, it might have something to do with setup...

Well, regardless, I have played through it now twice and I absolutely love what I'm seeing, that bug notwithstanding. This game will easily be my GOTY. I hope the Epic Store whiners actually play this. If they do, I think they might think twice about getting a refund. This is great.

Should there be a thread for people who want codes? My PC can hardly run Age of Empires II so not even going to attempt Shenmue 3. I do have a code that I'm happy to give away.
Specs? This is incredibly well optimized.

Back