Shenmue III Backer Trial | General Thread

ended up getting some rain for afternoon and night, Ryos leather jacket even has the shiny creases.

Also noticed footprints in sand when Ryo walks and spotted some fish in the river.

I got rain today but it was fairly light (only my second full playthrough). The rain seems to wet Ryo's jacket but not his t-shirt when you take the jacket off? Haven't tried it myself but it seems that way from footage.

I'm playing on my brother's PC and the demo seems a bit temperamental with his wired 360 controller. Dunno if it's his setup but twice it didn't recognise it, requiring a reboot, and once my kid unplugged the controller while I was playing and plugging it back in did nothing. Just had to restart the entire thing.

So bros!! After reading all the concerns arround here now that the vast majority played the beautiful demo, I responded to a litle conversation I was having with some member of the YS net team.
Trying to speak for as many of us I could, I think I did not ask for impossible things, or stupid unreasonable ones also.

So this is the e-mail I sent them.

"
Thank you ver much for your kind responses!
Whoever is responding to this e-mail is doing a good job!

So after playing the demo more than 10 times now, I got to say I love it ^^ I love the game very very much so far. Can't wait for 19 November!
I have been in contact with the hardcore fanbase at the forums and although the vast majority of players is loving the game, some people would like to have the following options in the final release :

1 - Players would love if the team could add yet another camera. A litle bit further away from Ryo. So that players can see him completely when he's running and walking.

2 - Some players also would love an option to turn off the red, glowing markers arround objects you can interact with. Maybe have an option where the marks stay for the Herbs (because they are very useful there) but don't appear for the rest of the things you can interact with like drawers, maps and objects :)

3 - Some people would also love to have an option where you can disable the camera like aim the shows up when we activate the first person view.

3- If they can, maybe make the weeds and flowers move also when Ryo stretches his arm to pick up herbs as they do when Ryo walks by! That would be yet another nice detail :)

Just a reminder that this is the hardcore shenmue fanbase talking hahaha So most people shouln't be affected at all if those things don't change.
Tho, it would be nice to have the option! :)

And i think that is :)

Thank you very much for for your patience and for making the dreams of thousands and thousands of people arround the world real!

We love you all and are rooting for your success.

All the best ^^ "

So bros!! After reading all the concerns arround here now that the vast majority played the beautiful demo, I responded to a litle conversation I was having with some member of the YS net team.
Trying to speak for as many of us I could, I think I did not ask for impossible things, or stupid unreasonable ones also.

So this is the e-mail I sent them.

"
Thank you ver much for your kind responses!
Whoever is responding to this e-mail is doing a good job!

So after playing the demo more than 10 times now, I got to say I love it ^^ I love the game very very much so far. Can't wait for 19 November!
I have been in contact with the hardcore fanbase at the forums and although the vast majority of players is loving the game, some people would like to have the following options in the final release :

1 - Players would love if the team could add yet another camera. A litle bit further away from Ryo. So that players can see him completely when he's running and walking.

2 - Some players also would love an option to turn off the red, glowing markers arround objects you can interact with. Maybe have an option where the marks stay for the Herbs (because they are very useful there) but don't appear for the rest of the things you can interact with like drawers, maps and objects :)

3 - Some people would also love to have an option where you can disable the camera like aim the shows up when we activate the first person view.

3- If they can, maybe make the weeds and flowers move also when Ryo stretches his arm to pick up herbs as they do when Ryo walks by! That would be yet another nice detail :)

Just a reminder that this is the hardcore shenmue fanbase talking hahaha So most people shouln't be affected at all if those things don't change.
Tho, it would be nice to have the option! :)

And i think that is :)

Thank you very much for for your patience and for making the dreams of thousands and thousands of people arround the world real!

We love you all and are rooting for your success.

All the best ^^ "
What is their email I have a few concerns that I think will hurt the game's reception if not addressed. The controls and camera on PC will be panned if released as is. It is pertinent I contact them.

What is their email I have a few concerns that I think will hurt the game's reception if not addressed. The controls and camera on PC will be panned if released as is. It is pertinent I contact them.
They won't be as it is at the moment. They said in the update that PC controls weren't upto date in the demo and are not fully implemented yet. It's obvious that they aren't done too.

4. Playing with a controller is highly recommended. Keyboard controls are supported for Shenmue III, however, keyboard functionality is still being upgraded and recent upgrades have not been applied to the trial version.

They won't be as it is at the moment. They said in the update that PC controls weren't upto date in the demo and are not fully implemented yet. It's obvious that they aren't done too.
Oh sorry, I never even noticed that. I feel like an idiot I already sent an email.

Noob question but is there a way to play this with just a standard/generic usb gaming controller? I have it plugged in but I don't see any control settings in the game or on the launcher.

Noob question but is there a way to play this with just a standard/generic usb gaming controller? I have it plugged in but I don't see any control settings in the game or on the launcher.
JoytoKey

Nice! I will watch it when I get home from work! Oh and the Dawn of the Dead poster! One of the best horror movies ever made!

Speaking of work, I had a smile on my face walking to work this morning, whilst unconsciously humming the main theme from Bailu Village (I refuse to call it the Willy Wonka song). Such a pleasant melody that certainly put me in a good mood!

Matt and Andrew share their initial thoughts on the Shenmue Trial Demo:

hahahha im glad i weren't the only one who thought it sounded like the Willy Wonka song. Both incredible themes.

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpeg

THANK YOU! I thought the same since the first playing, was humming it, and even knew for myself how the melody continues in the "real" song, but I didn't remember what song it was...

Pure Imagination... of course!

Winning big on the 11x Lucky Hit board with Max Bet!

(try using that double nail on this board, I think there might be something to it...or this is just a double fluke)

Last edited:
hahahha im glad i weren't the only one who thought it sounded like the Willy Wonka song. Both incredible themes.

Gene_Wilder_as_Willy_Wonka.jpeg

Lol no, It's very obvious.

This Isn't a unique issue in Chinese music, a lot of Chinese music in modern days, while still using traditional instruments, are derived from western songs. It's a weird thing, It's just this time around, It's an especially famous song.

I think i will play the full game on the highest difficulty level because the eating system probably makes more sense there.
You cant train (horse stance, one inch punch, sparring) forever because of your health / stamina,
so you have to eat. But on the highest difficulty,
you will earn way less money for all the minigames and food will be more expensive (i guess),
so you have to do more jobs to buy more food (you are forced to check all the mini games and shops)
and then you can train again until your food is gone.
I imagine that money is worth more on that difficulty, so you are forced to use Shenmue 3's system
to look for the cheapest shop and plan exactly what food you have in your inventory and on what activity you want to use it.
Also (if you dont want to use quick save / quick load) you will think twice about trying a very difficult fight again and again
because you will lose a lot of your healing and food items,
so its probably better to train more and only try fights if you are confident. Also you have to learn all of the moves by yourself
and cant use the quick slots i think, so every new move is something you really have to learn and remember.
I dont know if it will really work like that but if it is, i will play on that difficulty level.

Got some friends who don't really like shenmue to try 3, they said the combat was fun and felt good. It's not just the fans who think the combat is fun!

Back