Shenmue III comes to GOG!

No. You get nothing, besides a 50% price discount for waiting a full year. PC version has broken Qtes. Enjoy.
Qte's are not broken on pc.

No. You get nothing, besides a 50% price discount for waiting a full year. PC version has broken Qtes. Enjoy.
Maybe I'm misreading this but what's with the attitude?

I've just played on PC and had zero issues with QTE's other than them being damn quick.

Ask AndyHugK1 about the PC QTE glitch. He is the one who warned me against buying SIII for PC......
The mechanics of this is dreadful...

I am a huge Shenmue fan, like everyone on here. However I have been reduced to rage quitting the game on PC. The chicken catching QTEs are plain awful, 75% of the time there is no QTE button on screen and the odd time when they do appear they are literally on screen for a fraction of a second - allowing no reaction time (even on easy mode).
They either need to patch this to allow more time for the QTEs or ditch it altogether. Though I am going to assume neither will get done.

I know many many players have not encountered this, and good for them, but I also know from reading other forums and social media posts that many others have encountered this.

I have tried reducing the graphic settings to the lowest in case it was a problem with my PC - but it makes no difference.

So it deeply saddens me to uninstall the game due something so trivial as a QTE! something the original games had so perfect!

Ask AndyHugK1 about the PC QTE glitch. He is the one who warned me against buying SIII for PC......
Seems like it's a glitch that only a minor few have had the unfortunate luck to experience. I'd be interested to know the set-up he is running and whether it can be replicated. Modders might be able to fix it.

It shouldn't be there as a glitch but I'd go as far to say as 95% of people on PC haven't experienced this.

I only failed one QTE on PC. :whistle:

I am going to buy it again on gog, when it is available and a sale is happening. Just to support the franchise. I do not think I am going to play it thought. Not a pc gamer at all. If I play S3 the PS4 version is the version to go for me.

I am going to buy it again on gog, when it is available and a sale is happening. Just to support the franchise. I do not think I am going to play it thought. Not a pc gamer at all. If I play S3 the PS4 version is the version to go for me.
You can buy it as a gift for one of your friends .(Which imo is a better choice than buying it and never touching it.)

I only failed one QTE on PC. :whistle:
Yeah, I didn't have any issues with the QTEs on PC either.

I actually thought the chicken/duck catching minigames were easier than the scripted QTEs.

Yeah, I didn't have any issues with the QTEs on PC either.

I actually thought the chicken/duck catching minigames were easier than the scripted QTEs.

I just got past that section pretty recently on PC (yeah, my progress is that slow!) and didn't experience any glitches with the QTE prompts. I do feel like the timing of QTEs is a bit faster than in previous games but maybe that's just my reflexes slowing down? I missed a few chickens along the way, but was still able to complete each challenge in time on the first try.

I do feel like the timing of QTEs is a bit faster than in previous games but maybe that's just my reflexes slowing down?
It's definitely not your reflexes. I played I, II and III back-to-back and the QTEs in III are, on average, way quicker.

I understand using fast QTEs in a mini-game context, as a test of reflexes, even if catching chickens was frustrating for a lot of players.

What I don't think there's any value in whatsoever is "challenging" cinematic QTEs. This is something the rest of the industry learned throughout the PS3/360 era: QTEs work as a way to empower the player; they do not work as a way of challenging them. "Losing" totally diminishes the cinematic experience, and only leads to repeating the same thing again. If you want to challenge the player, do it through actual gameplay instead.

Put it this way, if the cinematic QTEs in III were more forgiving, no one would complain that they were "too easy", yet a huge amount of players would've been less frustrated, and they would've felt more like Ryo (and less like a bumbling idiot). That alone tells me they got the balance wrong. I hate to be reductive, but all they had to do was match the QTE windows of the first game and it would've been a better experience for most players.

I think the qte issue has something to do with V-Sync and if the game limits FPS.
If you turn Vsync on theframes are limited to the frequency of your monitor.
for example, if you play on a 60Hz tv, the game limits the fps to 60 to match the tvs' frequency.

But a lot of pc gamers prefer to hav maximum fps and turn vsync off. Or they dont really care.

So my theory is that the timelimit of QTE in shenmue 3 is based on a specific framecount rather than a timelimit in seconds.
If for example the limit for a qte is like 100frames then the player with 200fps only gets half a second whilethe player with 60fps gets roundabout 2 seconds.

Nope. Not a peep.

Is it possible they are waiting for the Steam/GOG release first and then they will release total sales figures early next year? :unsure:
Seems a bit weird to withhold that information from the PS4/Epic Store sales though, especially from Cedric as his company was one of the first to get the ball rolling for Shenmue 3.

I wouldn't say it's weird because publishers only tend to announce sales figures when games break certain thresholds (e. g. one million, half a million).

The question is if doing "fine financially" as the THQ Nordic president put it in the now infamous statement is enough to get Deep Silver, Sega or other publishers interested in funding S4.

S3 may or may not have sold half a million units, it may or may not have performed well enough to warrant a sequel.

We can only pray now and maybe buy an extra copy on GOG or Steam. If the old man wants to do another Kickstarter, count me in but it will probably not be a huge success like the first Kickstarter.

mmm.. I also think it's a bit weird.
Specially nowadays when we know sales numbers from almos every game made.
Either they are disapointed with thw numbers or I don't know whats happenning.

Hopefully, the pain from those loyal steam gamers is long gone and they'll buy the game and not review bomb it cause of the epic exclusivity.

Hopefully, the pain from those loyal steam gamers is long gone and they'll buy the game and not review bomb it cause of the epic exclusivity.

I totally expect the game to make it to the headlines again... by not giving steam keys to backer despite waiting a year later. Even despite that, I don't expect the game to get a new surge in sales. Word of mouth wasn't too hot and neither was the critical reception.

Sony has not shared any of Death Stranding sales numbers other than saying "It sold well."

But, it's kinda funny that the internet considers that game as a success and considers Shenmue 3 as a "failure".(They even claim that Death Stranding getting a steam version is due to this that it was a success.)

I totally expect the game to make it to the headlines again... by not giving steam keys to backer despite waiting a year later. Even despite that, I don't expect the game to get a new surge in sales. Word of mouth wasn't too hot and neither was the critical reception.
I hope that doesn't happen but they did say, in a previous update, that it was a possibility so people can't exactly act surprised by it.

However doing that would not be a good move. As far as we know it's still coming to Steam, it's whether they've negotiated something to get those out to backers or not. Steam aren't obliged to offer anything either so they could flat out say no and then what does YSNET do?

I hope that doesn't happen but they did say, in a previous update, that it was a possibility so people can't exactly act surprised by it.

However doing that would not be a good move. As far as we know it's still coming to Steam, it's whether they've negotiated something to get those out to backers or not. Steam aren't obliged to offer anything either so they could flat out say no and then what does YSNET do?

That's not how it works.
Developpers and publishers can request Steam keys at will and at no cost. If they don't offer it, it's a conscious decision by the pub/dev.

There's no negociation to have here. It was the case when it was about giving out keys while the game isn't available on the platform. Not when it releases there.

So there's no "they could flat out say no" case.

Back