Shenmue III cover art on German Amazon

But that screen looks AAA is my point, unless it's a render.

Ryo looks weird on this one. Shenhua's face has something too simplistic but her ponytail is AAA level. Clothes seems more than ok.

Some people are expecting photorealistic character models. That is not the look Shenmue 3 is going for, so they're disappointed.

Shenmue 3 will look great, that's very likely at least in my book. I like this comic style look. It just looks like a modern day Shenmue. The way it should look. But photo realistic characters are the norm for AAA games. And people that just play AAA games also will expect this in Shenmue 3 so they will complain about the look. As a fan I am fine with the look we have seen so far. couldn't be any better.

All this talk about "gameplay matters not graphics" when all we've seen are graphics and zero gameplay. What are you expecting from people?

You don't have to see gameplay. I know we live in age of utter stupidity, but there has been a wealth of information about gameplay released in various interviews and updates since 2015. People can read if they have any genuine interest in the game. I know it's a novel concept having to read about systems, concepts and features instead of watching a gameplay demonstration, but not seeing something is not a reason to judge negatively.

Do I wish I could have seen gameplay sooner? Yes. Does the team not releasing gameplay mean it's shit though? No.

I know the gameplay will be Shenmue (i.e., fantastic), but I want to see the actual production quality. I literally had a first-world, basement dweller dream last night where the final product looked like Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. I almost blew a fuse.

The logo, it's just that logo. The actual art I can live with, it's not too bad.

I'm sure I'll get over this in time and I'm sorry if I sound like a broken record, it just makes no sense to have changed it in the first place. I feel like I'm playing some random unofficial rehash of Shenmue here. The brand and the soul of the game is lost. If you were to put out all of the games boxart side by side and asked people's opinions on it I'm sure you'd get a lot of negativity, it would just be the very die hard that might stand by it. Yes it's maybe just a logo to some people, but I really think they've made a bad call here. It's amateurish and it needed to remain the same. I appreciate that Yu has designed this (right?) but what was the impulse to meddle in the first place?

I'm waffling now :oops:

I appreciate that Yu has designed this (right?) but what was the impulse to meddle in the first place?
Because apparently he read a study that people can't read cursive now.

Admittedly when it briefly reverted to the classic logo I did see people in comments sections laughing about how it looks like "Shemnue" or something like that, so maybe Yu had a point...

There's slight differences in this screen to the Ry model we saw in the trailer. Shenhua is done by the looks of it.

Both are good enough but this is better!
Yeah, I don't know how to explain it but this model seems to be better than the one in last trailer.
Shenhua in the trailer looks more advanced than Ryo.

Yeah, I don't know how to explain it but this model seems to be better than the one in last trailer.
Shenhua in the trailer looks more advanced than Ryo.
Yeah exactly my thoughts which is why I think the trailer is from a slightly older build. Also Lan Di is finished in the trailer.

It's all guesswork on my part and I'd be happy with the Ryo in the trailer but I don't think they've shown the final final product just yet

Yeah exactly my thoughts which is why I think the trailer is from a slightly older build. Also Lan Di is finished in the trailer.

It's all guesswork on my part and I'd be happy with the Ryo in the trailer but I don't think they've shown the final final product just yet

But why release an old build?

Yeah Lan Di looked the business, all finished and looking spot on.

Back