Shenmue III Day 1 Edition Variants and Content

The PC version has never been available in the UK. It's only being sold in certain countries. Or was... hmm.

You can still find the PC product site on Google but if you click on it, it says "page can not be found".
The PC option on the Shenmue 3 Amazon page was deleted
(you were able to choose between PS4 and PC, now its only PS4)
and if you search for Shenmue 3 PC there are no results.

:unsure:

I do really want the steelbook badly, but without any other steelbook game ever, perhaps it'll be out of place...?

They totally missed the opportunity to align the mirrors size with the cd size lol. Not that it looks bad, because it looks great, but at this point why are they still using old screenshots for official stuff? Isn't that shot of the cave like 2 years old? It's been re-used a lot.

Good thing I've got until first week of November to decide on another pre-order at bestbuy... should be much busier season for work by then, too.

Yes, i wondered about the PC-Version, too. Maybe a statement on gamescom?

Edit: But there are 2 pics of Lan Di and the Forklift-Ryo which we still knows from the previous months.

Last edited:
I normally don't give a shit about physical items and the other week I was wondering why people are so obsessed with steelbook DVDs and Blu-Rays...

...but damn that Best Buy steelbook is nice :p May have to ask a friend in the US to get me one.

Don't really know the best place to put this so this thread will do. I wanted some clarification on the jacket / training skins and the differences between them so I reached out to the Shenmue 3 Kickstarter team and Deep Silver. Not heard from DS yet but the KS guys responded.

As I expected they couldn't answer much in regards to pre-orders but they did confirm the "Legendary Flight Jacket" in the PS4 / EGS Deluxe Edition is different to the backer-only one we saw in the last update 107.

They also seemed to confirm that the retail DLC such as the Kenpogi Training Outfit will be available to purchase separately so that's good news for those who want "everything" and were worried items wouldn't be made available to all outside of the pre-order.

My questions in bold.

bsBwDfM.jpg

1. The recent backer-only jacket shown for Ryo in update 107, is that the jacket for the $250 / $300 tier?

1. The jacket is the same for both rewards as the $300 reward includes the $250 reward.

2. If so is it the same jacket that is being included in the Deluxe Edition on Epic Game Store which mentions "Ryo's Legendary Flight Jacket" or will this be different?

2. It is different from the retail version rewards.

3. I noticed pre-orders of Shenmue 3 come with a recently announced "Snake Power Starter Pack". Is this the same as the "Peking Power Starter Pack" listed on Epic Game Store? Has this been renamed or is it different?

4. Do you know if the "Kenpogi Training Outfit" available with Amazon US pre-orders is the same digital item featured with Epic Game Store and PS4 digital Deluxe Edition pre-orders?

3, 4. That I can't answer for certain, you'll have to ask Deep Silver about that. Mostly the retail DLC packs standard, but there may be some differences.

5. Do you know if the training outfit is available in the game but the pre-order simply allows you to use it earlier or is it an item only obtainable vie pre-order?

5. Also, you'll have to with Deep Silver.

6. Do you know if the jacket skins and the training skin will be available as DLC separately? So people can download them on the store for perhaps a small fee? Or perhaps unlocked at a later date if they're not already in the game?

6. The retail DLC is planned to be available for purchase.

We can only respond to so much as Deep Silver will be handling the post Kickstarter versions, so it would be better to try them. But you can always try us first!

Thank you again for your generous support!
Joel & the Shenmue 3 Team

Again, not much outside of what we expected but they seemed pretty confident in DLC costumes being available separately so that's nice. Will post if Deep Silver get back to me.

Will post if Deep Silver get back to me.

dont expect anything, Deep Silver / Koch Media pretty much never answers any
Pre Order / Versions / DLC / technical specific questions. they only share their official statements or updates
and comment something like "we will look into it" or "watch out for the next update" but thats it.

you can also see this if you look at their Facebook comment sections or Twitter replies,
there is never any answer to more specific user questions.

Welp, I had a look around the web to see how other's are taking the news and the steel-book is a new beating stick used against YS and Shenmue now. Some are even saying they're refunding because of it not offered to backers to make amends for wrongdoings/and or high tier pledgers, etc.

Welp, I had a look around the web to see how other's are taking the news and the steel-book is a new beating stick used against YS and Shenmue now. Some are even saying they're refunding because of it not offered to backers to make amends for wrongdoings/and or high tier pledgers, etc.
Well I can assure you they won't get one. It's likely the same group being upset about it. Would it be cool if it went to backers too, of course but it was never promised.

Bloodstained had a steelbook too... Didn't Kingdom Come have a steel book as well? Why is Shenmue 3 becoming the sacrificial lamb for AlL kIcKsTaRtErS aRe ScAmS, We MuSt PuNiSh ThEm?

Why are some people too thick to be able to differentiate between what is handled under the umbrella of a Kickstarter campaign and what is handled post-Kickstarter by the publisher and retailers involved? I hope these people don't breed, because they really are rather stupid. And selfish too, because they care more about themselves than the project that they purport to support being as successful as possible.

I don't actually think a lot of those people genuinely want the steel book, or care what the publisher does with retail is very much divorced from rewards the Kickstarter campaign promised, budgeted for, and can realistically deliver on. People are just looking for another reason to hate, irrespective of any train of logic to the situation.

I wouldn't worry about rabble-rousing chuckle heads getting increasingly desperate to cause a new stink, because it's usually the same group of people (see: literally any Twitter update out of the Shenmue III/Deep Silver accounts) and the likes always outweigh the negative comments many, many times over. It's the silent majority theory, except we can actually track the metrics with likes. If each account that liked these tweets also commented, the negative stuff would be absolutely drowned out.

Spoiler alert: they won't stop complaining after they get their refunds either. The Ooblets situation should prove that some gamers will harass and harangue developers and publishers, over games they actually have zero interest in.

I'm not sure "Internet idiots say something dumb" is the groundbreaking story some seem to think it is.

Back