Shenmue III Gamescom 2019 Content

The only worry I need eased is regarding the battle system. I just want it to be as deep as the originals or for trusted fans who've played the game to say that it at least feels similar the originals. The animation for what seems to be twin hand waves looked a little odd but the kicks looked good, imo. I saw what looks like dragon spin in the trailer and I was happy.

I trust Yu with everything else. Side note: Shenmue 3+VR sounds so good...Chai would scare the crap out of me!

If that's what it is, fair enough, but reading something like that just makes it sound like literally anything spoken thus far about the graphical detail of this game is irrelevant/pointless until he has a final say. It wasn't nice to read, and actually made me stop typing on the write up for tonight because it simply left me with the feeling of what's the point.

:ROFLMAO:

Yup, came off as wrong indeed lol.
My point was indeed that the game.looks glorious and once we'll get to see uncompressed footage and screenshots, that'll shut the naysayers :p

Sorry for the misunderstanding
In the Segasaturno review posted in the Spoiler Forum it says that graphics are like the previous gen, X360/ PS3, but in a good way. Nice to me. I don't actually see a big difference between this gen and the previous one. Virtua Fighter 5 is a good example.

In the Segasaturno review posted in the Spoiler Forum it says that graphics are like the previous gen, X360/ PS3, but in a good way. Nice to me. I don't actually see a big difference between this gen and the previous one. Virtua Fighter 5 is a good example.

I might be wrong since I didnt play the game in person. But from the footage seen, the game on many aspects is beyond previous gen when it comes to visuals. And on some other, it's within the high end of the previous gen. But as a whole, the game is well within its generation in the AA segment.

If I had to pick anything, there's an argument of detail in the character models to make that they could've been done on the PS3, but only by a handful of developers as adept at squeezing that machine like Naughty Dog or Square Enix, imo.

Again, the character models look even better with each showing of the game. By the very end, it'll be a close call there.

The environments could not be done on the previous gen, imo.

It's incredible how pixelated the trailer looks.
Is google saving on bandwith ?
I can't believe how even the offscreen footage originally posted on Facebook kinda looks more detailed than the direct feed one on Youtube.
Of course erasing all the shaders from a game with a terrible compression algorithm makes it look like a previous gen title.

Yeah I feel the graphics are comfortably late last gen era/early Ps4 era, and like Ghost Trick said only the bigger companies could've pulled it off. I was looking at footage of The Last of Us and it looks close. TLOU character models look more detailed in cutscene, but during gameplay it's about dead even. The Shenmue 3 environments look WAY better in my opinion though.

The art style of Shenmue 3 is different compared to your average modern game, which aims for realism with scanning real people. Shenmue does not have this feature so it looks different. But not worse than the more realistic art style of other games I think. It uses the old style video game design philosophy that cannot be compared easily with the modern day character design.

Yeah that's fair to say. The art direction isn't striving for that ultra-real look... Scanning faces, using models for reference and the like. It wants to look like a game, and keep in line with the first 2 games that were developed with that mindset. It would cost more money to use real people as well, so it's like what's the point? That's time & money that would be better spent polishing gameplay.

I know it doesn't seem like much time is left, but I expect that there will be a deeply satisfying level of polish administered to the game in the next 60 days.

Just to weigh in quickly here, i cannot... and i mean cannot emphasise enough how every piece of video released for this game, does it an injustice, in terms of visuals. Not one piece of game play footage, or any trailer has looked remotely close to how the game looks when it's running. I will stand by that comment until the demo comes out.

Back