Shenmue III Metacritic Rally

Favourite title
Shenmue III
I'm seriously just going to play and enjoy the game regardless, but I'm also supporting the game with a high score and nice feedback for the team that made it possible. I will want more Shenmue in the future. INB4 critic mobs "this game feels old" styled reviews. Or how about the people that will review the game low on PC just because it's not on Steam right now? Seems real viable right?

PC - https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/shenmue-iii

PS4 - https://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-4/shenmue-iii

I'm more worried about the critic reviews. So far a 6 and a 5.... That is terrible and if that's the average Shenmue III will be laughed at for years to come and it will be regarded as Mighty no9 2 with video essays dissecting what went wrong.

So here's hoping better reviews pop up.

I'm more worried about the critic reviews. So far a 6 and a 5.... That is terrible and if that's the average Shenmue III will be laughed at for years to come and it will be regarded as Mighty no9 2 with video essays dissecting what went wrong.

Yeah the critic reviews so far suck (or at least THE FUCKING FRENCH one does, the other is just meh), but at this point it's completely out of our hands so I'd try not to stress over it too much.👌

better reviews will crop up cause we already got some positive hands ons, but I think its still gonna review poorly, I mean the VG24 one was pretty decently positive its just the score doesnt look it

Last edited:
better reviews will crop up cause we already got some positive hands ons, but I think its still gonna review poorly

Not expecting like 97/100 average or anything but I'm hoping for 70-75 average so we can avoid the game being dumped on by everyone and their mom.

Not expecting like 97/100 average or anything but I'm hoping for 70-75 average so we can avoid the game being dumped on by everyone and their mom.
i think thats a best case scenario but not the most likley, I'm kind of expecting on the lower end 65-70 now. We will see. To be frank though I dont think a 70-75 is gonna prevent it from from getting dunked on, I'm gonna go on a whim and say theres a 0% chance 3 isnt going to be considered a disappointment in contrast to its legacy.

Last edited:
i think thats a best case scenario but not the most likley, I'm kind of expecting on the lower end 65-70 now. We will see. To be frank though I dont think a 70-75 is gonna prevent it from from getting dunked on, I'm gonna go on a whim and say theres a 0% chance 3 isnt going to be considered a disappointment in contrast to its legacy.
It's not like the reviews are dunking it for being disappointing compared to its legacy outside of the plot not going far. If anything they seem to praise as well as mixed on how traditional a sequel it is, getting some of the nicer lukewarm reviews I've seen.

It's not like the reviews are dunking it for being disappointing compared to its legacy outside of the plot not going far. If anything they seem to praise as well as mixed on how traditional a sequel it is, getting some of the nicer lukewarm reviews I've seen.
yeah the reviews have been rather respectful and noting on who its really for.

Alright, I posted my review. I gave it 9/10 (to be objective and because I hate the silly 0/10 vs 10/10 fights that occur on sites like Metacritic). I tried to post quite a lengthy review, but yeah, it might be a bit rambly as I'm fucking knackered from playing Shenmue 3 until past midnight last night.

The problem with it being "regarded as Mighty No 9 2" by the press and media, is half the fans don't exactly help the matter. There was a bunch of people whinging on the Dreamcast Junkyard earlier, because they're waiting on rewards, or because the sleeve is crap or because whatever. The old "people who pre-ordered a couple of weeks ago get better stuff than I do" cliche was coming up lots. The problem is people do not understand that Kickstarter essentially forces creators into the role of being merchandise stores and most of them aren't cut out for that. You Kickstart a project to make it a reality, not for the tat you hope to pick up along the way. OF COURSE some of the stuff Deep Silver put together as retail incentives is "better", they're a professional publisher and they're trying to make a profit.

Back