Shenmue III Metacritic Rally

Really upset that the "Shenmue III metacritic's user score got bumped by tons of fake accounts" thread got locked before I could leave my snarky shitpost reply in with this image

View attachment 5724

Missed that thread and didn't realise some shitty article had posted about it. So just because I used my account for the first time to review Shemmue 3 and to have my voice heard, and I'm a fan, that makes me a "fake user"? What a load of crap. Fans enjoy a game, so rate it highly? Wow, what a controversy! :rolleyes:

Funny that 'article' and the various Reddit threads fail to aclnowledge the huge numbers of suspicious 0 rated reviews from people who have clearly not played the game. One 0 rated review even bloody opens with "I haven't actually played the game, but blah blah blah Epic this, Epic that"

I think Amazon reviews (or any other retailers) are the next battle: many consumers rely on these

so far, so good

I knew it would get mixed to positive reviews but what I really wanna know is how well it's selling. I'm really liking that Shenmue 4 has been mentioned a few times already. After Shenmue 2 came out it was like Shenmue 3 didn't even come into it.

Really now???

There are paople who didn't buy shenmue 3 and are giving this game 0 because of.....some reason that i cannot even understand but we are giving it 8's and 9's because of honesty?

REALLY?
Because they are trolls. Likely teenage trolls.

They think it's a vulnerable game, so they wanna come in and kick it, because they think it's gonna be down.Common place young immature humanity.

looks like a ps2 game?!

The ps2s graphics couldnt hold a candle next to the dreamcasts shenmue games.
There are plenty of PS2 games that surpassed anything possible on Dreamcast. Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Silent Hill 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, I could go on.

There are plenty of PS2 games that surpassed anything possible on Dreamcast. Final Fantasy XII, Shadow of the Colossus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Silent Hill 3, Valkyrie Profile 2, I could go on.
The PS2 could do more geometry and a few more effects. But the DC had twice as much VRAM and texture compression by hardware(five to one), which the PS2 did not have.

Look at the textures of DC Shenmue. The game can't run on PS2. They'd have to change a lot of it.

I think Amazon reviews (or any other retailers) are the next battle: many consumers rely on these

so far, so good
A couple of pretty lousy one star reviews have popped up, dropping average to 3.5 stars.

Is Shenmue 3 the worst game I've ever played? A modern day "ET" for Atari, this game is thievery. And not only in the monetary sense - it's robbing itself **blind** of all charm and dedication thrown into the original game.

For those lucky enough to open a DreamCast on Christmas Day and unwrap a fresh copy of Shenmue digging your finger nails into the corner seams of tightly wrapped crinkly plastic to break out the 4 disc chest of gold. You know why Shenmue is a historical achievement. Contrived dialogue with lip syncing to match the earliest of Jackie Chan films - it remains a masterpiece in technological application and creative execution. People slaving over every minute detail they could. The story, the setting, all of it **engaging** and **brilliant**.

So what have they been doing for the last 20 years? When setbacks delayed John Carpenter's "The Thing" - John spent hours molding and polishing his movie into what is arguably one of the finest horror thrillers of all time. It's clear Yu Suzuki did not focus the same dedication on Shenmue 3.

It's Kickstarter waged 6.3 million dollars in June of 2015. And four and a half years later delivers a game with components glued together with Elmer's the likes of an infants Macaroni Sculpture. It's like they took the same engine from DreamCast ported it to PS4 and *dubbed* in higher res graphics. All the clumsiness is a little less charming than it was in 1999.

Cross fades, and I'm not kidding, every 10 seconds. Dialogue that's drilling a wooden bit into a metal post. Rubbish graphics, inept story telling, a fighting system lacking excitement, poor voice acting, poor execution, grating music. Not a single redeemable quality in this entire product.

This game couldn't even rest on the laurels of nostalgia. How bad is that?

What I'd like to know is where all the KickStarter and Epic money has gone. Lining the pockets of Yu? Did he not care about his baby anymore? Was it all a money grab? I speak for any artist in saying I'd never let something I care about fall to this level. Thin budgets and greedy studios do not excuse a lack of imagination and rushed end product. Can we even call it rushing? It's been 4 years and change. Bethesda can release 15 platforms of Skyrim in that time.

Anyone rating this game more than a 1 out of 5 stars needs to rethink their standards. There is no amount of positivity that can breathe life into this corpse. For god sake, in Shenhua's house there is a loading screen just to walk up the single step into her living room! Grand Theft Auto can load an entire city into one playable arena!

Yu Suzuki, shame on you. If Shenmue I is a historic masterpiece, Shenmue III is a historical failure.

We really do need to get to the bottom of why they edited the dialogue so poorly in some places. That's not a budgetary issue. That's just really poor direction.

A couple of pretty lousy one star reviews have popped up, dropping average to 3.5 stars.

Wow, that guy has played 30 minutes or watched 30 minutes of someone's stream, at most. The "loading" screen in Shenhua's house is loading a tiny cutscene, of course there is a tiny loading screen. The fading he talked about mostly occur in the very beginning too.

My guess? A Steam fanboy/Epic-hater looking to hurt the game. We shouldn't give people like this attention. But it's hard not to when they are so god damn wrong.

Only pointing it out because it dropped the average like a rock. We need more reviews. I always feel like anything below four stars on Amazon is a warning sign when it's a product I'm not familiar with.

Yeah, just left my review! Instead of the Metacritic rally, we need to up the Amazon score! Spread the word!

Back