Shenmue III: NEW TRAILER! (PC Gaming Show) + Full Show with Yu Suzuki

Finally something that really wows you over. I really liked the voice acting, it was honestly well done!

Already spotted someone we know from earlier in that trailer.

F3pO2Vl.jpg

I believe it only says epic games store because the show is run by epic games. The steam page still exists.

Not liking the facial animations. Or faces in general. I just hope they fix it by November.
Other games in the show had the Steam logo. This one didnt. Its exclusive. Edit: just saw the Kickstarter update.

Who cares where you can buy it though? Like, we said we'd buy it if it came out for Game Boy. That's what we said before Shenmue 3 was announced. Guess that doesn't hold true anymore?

Other games in the show had the Steam logo. This one didnt. Its exclusive. Edit: just saw the Kickstarter update.
Fuck's sake. I hope they still make a physical copy. That's what I paid for.

Edit:
Just noticed
"DVD Drive: Required (if you buy the physical copy)"

Okay I'm not so mad now.

This is an Epic(pun intended) disaster it did NOT need.

It is getting thrashed and putting stuff EGS exclusivel burns a lot of people, something you REALLY don't want to do when they donated money for your project to succeed.

It looks very rough. 3 months of polish may not be enough unless it completes a 180. It's the sequel we wanted, but it is a laughing stock right now.

I'll hold for impressions off the show floor, but not how you want to start your hype cycle. At. All.

Who cares where you can buy it though? Like, we said we'd buy it if it came out for Game Boy. That's what we said before Shenmue 3 was announced. Guess that doesn't hold true anymore?
A lot of people apparently. I agree it doesn't matter TO ME, but it seems to matter to a lot of people.

Didn't they have an external company doing the character models? I seem to remember that. By the looks of it, they aren't pulling their weight.

Who would have thought they'd do more damage than good at E3? I hope they can, somehow, salvage something with the Gamespot segment, but...

It was all looking so good after that Walmart footage as well.

Glad I am getting it on PS4. I am tired of trying to answer people who dont understand its not just about a launcher when they ask why it matters. All i will say is it is anti competitive BS. Also Epic Store has less features and doesnt wven have a shopping cart. But whatever.

Anyway I think some parts of the the trailer looked REALLY good. And other parts that looked like well, really bad.

Biggest problem was that one NPC, and the lip sync.

Here’s another video to upvote folks...let’s get sweaty...

Interesting. A trailer without the PC Master Race invading is getting way more favorable reception.

The Trailer is good. The pc master kindergarten Kids just downvote it because of the Epic store. But is the game really Epic store exclusive? In Steam the game is still listed.
The facial animations are terrible.
I really don't care much about EGS since I've been using UE for some time, but I understand that people can get pissed off.
But man, I don't know, some people are really pissed (and the KS page is full on rage).

Ok, let's look at the trailer objectively.

• The fighting animations are stellar. You can literally feel the kinetic motion with each punch
  • The music is great, because it is after all Shenmue
  • Ryo's character design is spot on. Perfect

• The facial animations and speech needs a lot of work. Completely out of sync as it stands right now
  • The skin requires additional shading/lighting/etc to make it look more realistic.
  • The world feels barren, with a lack of NPC's in the world's most populous country

Does a mid November release date provide enough time to resolve these issues? Doubtful.

Liked the trailer on the whole, but there were certainly some rough bits. Facial animations and lip-synching need work. Like the look on the whole though.

LOVE this trailer. The voice acting is much more natural than the previous games yet retains that Shenmue charm. It sounds great, you can just feel those crunching cracks to the face when Ryo is taking out those thugs. I just wanna see more and explore this world - what's great is we've seen very little of it!

Looks like there's a Burger Shop.
Ryo pays no heed to this 'no running' sign.

Are these lucky hit stands or just shop banners?

Back