Shenmue III will be at Gamescom 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday, I decided to re-watch Shenmue 3 trailers in a virtual cinema through my VR headset. I'm running out of ideas now. Maybe I should re-watch them while doing a headstand?

If you do that make sure you to do some handstand push ups with intense breathing. Just like Shaolin Monks do for daily exercise. (y)

Last edited:
Simon and Gregor from Rocketbeans TV, (a german 24/7 Twitch channel)
who did full Shenmue 1 & 2 playthroughs on their channel,
(the very first playlist if you look for "lets play shenmue" on Youtube)
said they will do a little interview with Yu Suzuki at Gamescom and they will be able to play Shenmue 3 there
and they will try to capture footage from their sessions but they dont know yet what restrictions they have.

there will be ton of other press people at Gamescom so we can expect a lot of new articles about Shenmue 3,
maybe even some captured ingame footage.

Hasn't he done exactly that before? :D Anyway, we'll see in a few days. ?

I only really remember the "2018 will be the year of Shenmue" stuff, which had most of us rolling our eyes since it was obvious the game was not going to be released in 2018. I don't think he has done it more recently, but I might be wrong.

Uir.gif

A further delay would not make any sense at all. Delaying the game twice in such short time would be stupid and i do not think that DS is that stupid. So far they acted quite clumsy concerning the Shenmue Marketing, but I hardly doubt that they can not callculate. I think they would delayed the game to further date if necessary.

A delay is not a opion. It won't make the game any better it would just incresase the pucblic rage. And the game dos not Need more rage. The PC crowd is making enough trouble already. No reason to make the reasonable pc users and the console Gamers Angry too and delay the game any further for no solid reason.

The only reason to delay the game is, that it is total mess. Delaying it out of fear for other games is stupid. There will Always be a better looking game than Shenmue. In 2020 there will be even more of them.

That’d be getting alarmingly close to the date they need to go gold to hit manufacturing deadlines though.
Eh... not that close, but definitely nearing it.

Around 3-4 weeks is normal for manufacturing, so they could go Gold somewhere around the last week of October. If they felt they had to delay again it would have to be a fairly rapid decision, but there's room after the backer trial.

And like I definitely appreciate and generally agree with the view that you can't delay indefinitely, and if the game was genuinely unfinished enough to need a bump to 2020 it would have been done in May. I won't take it off the table entirely though, because any crazy shit could happen between now and November.

It's highly, highly unlikely though.

@Spaghetti We have to wait and see. Although I agree that a delay is unlikely, alt least I hope so, you never know what is going on behind closed doors at DS. Anything can happen, considering how unpredictable the development of S3 went on so far.

A further delay would not be the first negative surprise from DS, but let's think postive that they can deliver in November. As I said I hope DS won't be that stupid to really delay the game again without no reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back